• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT12| Kicked the Ballboy Like Stan Hit Ulrika

spidye

I love that Liverpool fans apparently have no middle ground between euphoric optimism and apocalyptic despair.

Bad result, but come on.

it's same with us bayern fans. middle ground sucks ass.

I wanna be the very best
Like no one ever was
To catch the trophies is my real test
To train is my cause
this should be the life motto of every big club

Mastadon

Banned
I genuinely had a nightmare last night that we sacked Rodgers and employed some uninspiring guff instead, woke up in full on distress.

It's perfectly timed really. We're clearly not capable of string more than one or two good results together, so now we are on course to stuff Arsenal mid-week.

Kyoufu

Liverpool have a great history, no argument.

Currently though (and in recent years) they have been an average side. When any team plays them, even at Anfield, there is no more fear.

They are a top six side, playing like a top 10 side.

Yeah. They shouldn't be like this and they won't be if they take the right steps in the future.

Hoping Newcastle get out of this rot we're in too and get back into the top 6.

Suen

cristiano-ronaldo-551-very-sad-face-in-real-madrid-2012-13.jpg

keit4

Banned
Messi is the youngest player (25 years) to score more than 200 goals in La Liga. The previous one was Zarra (29 years).

Bumhead

Banned
The problems we showed are systematic, and have been causing us problems all season, in all 3 cup competitions

Sure. But at the end of the day, Liverpool had the strength to win that game. Whatever Rodgers did or didn't do, whatever mistakes he's perceived to have made, the one thing he most certainly did do was put out a strong starting XI to win the game. Would certain individuals have changed that? Maybe, maybe not.

You can spend the rest of time arguing what Rodgers shoulda coulda done differently, but Liverpool lost the game because Oldham played well, created chances and took their chances, while making it hard for Liverpool at the back. I think the game was won on the merits of the side that did win, rather than the mistakes of those that didn't.

LTWheels

Well we can also see why Rogers doesn't rate Coates.
I do think that Borini gets unfairly hated on. Other than that miss he had a good game. His movement off the ball is excellent. It was his run that gave Suarez the space to score.

We need a physical midfield who we can use in matches that we know are going to be physical confrontations. Jose Enrique normally plays that role when he bursts forwards.

We need another left back. Don't need a world beater, just someone who can do a serviceable job as a squad member when Enrique is injured. I'm sure Robinson will be a good player one day, but he is too young and not physically developed enough yet. With Kelly out for the whole season, an injury to Johnson and we are in a dangerous position with our full backs.

We need another good centre back. Someone 25+ and solid who will compete with Agger and Skrtel for a place in the starting 11.

Timurid

It's ok. Lyon will win the title. lol

Lyon are done for when Bastos leaves.

Anyway here is the linesup for the inter - TORO game.

Inter: Handanovic; Ranocchia, Chivu, Juan Jesus; Nagatomo, Zanetti, Gargano, Mudingayi; Guarin; Cassano, Palacio

Inter bench: Belec, Di Gennaro, Silvestre, Alvarez, Mariga, Rocchi, Cambiasso, Benassi, Pereira, Jonathan, Bessa, Livaja

Torino: Gillet; D’Ambrosio, Glik, Rodriguez, Masiello; Gazzi, Brighi; Cerci, Barreto, Meggiorini, Santana

Torino bench: Gomis, Basha, Di Cesare, Suciu, Bianchi, Caceres, Bakic, Vives, Darmian, Birsa

I'm kinda of happy with this lineup. I would of like it if Bianchi started instead of Meggiorini, but Riccardo had a good game last week against Pescara. Santana and Cerci were fantastic last game too. So hopefully, we get at least a point today.

FORZA TOROOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clegg

United probably had the easiest tie of the fourth round and we were the ones with the premier league opposition.

Funny how that goes sometimes.

ShogunX

I've just made a sensible post on RAWK..... I expect it to be ignored in favour of RAFA IN!
People sometimes wonder why this site get such a bad wrap yet this thread right here is the prime example of everything that is wrong with us. We go from being pleased with the progress shown when we smash the likes of Norwich at home and then when we go out in typical cup tie fashion it's Rodgers out, every player is shit and we have found our level.

For once can we try and keep a bit of dignity and class and just admit that today we got out fought by a team that simply wanted it more. Rodgers picked a team that should of been good enough to beat Oldham but individual errors have put us out of the cup. We all should know by now that games like this can and will happen. It's all part of why people like the FA cup - Shit pitches, shit players, shit stadiums all count for little on days like today.

Our season is far from over and we have a very important game on Wednesday that if we no doubt win will flip our bi polar fans into another wanking frenzy. We will be mocked for today's result and rightly so but the last thing we should be doing is going crazy and lashing out at the manager, players and fellow fans.

Lets try and avoid going from one extreme to another and except that this season and probably next will be a bumpy ride with highs and lows. We still have the Europa League to come and we are still capable of putting together a decent set of results after we get Arsenal and City out of the way.

Arnie

Taking time out of a three day work and alcohol bender to tell you I love you
I'm flagging in the library also, close to the edge, close to blowing up and calling a few people 'cunts' in a fit of cabin fever, but you've just calmed me and made me feel ok baby.

Can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Finish this chapter, get to tesco, buy sausages, go home, eat sausages, masturbate (not to Olivia's jaw, though), sleep.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I'm flagging in the library also, close to the edge, close to blowing up and calling a few people 'cunts' in a fit of cabin fever, but you've just calmed me and made me feel ok baby.

Can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Finish this chapter, get to tesco, buy sausages, go home, eat sausages, masturbate (not to Olivia's jaw, though), sleep.

We can masterbate to Luis Suárez in unison

Fry

ibnh7Ukef628Qf.gif

He was pretty lucky here. Had Jupp started Robben and Gomez, the game would have been much simpler and it would have saved BlaBlurn from his meltdown.

Top Bottom