• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT12| Kicked the Ballboy Like Stan Hit Ulrika

The fact that they are going after El Sharawy suggests they are letting Cavani go and gonna spend part of the payment they receive from selling him on El Sharaawy.
I'm not sure about that, Cavani is REALLY important for Napoli and they know it, selling him and getting El Shaa (as much as I love the guy) would be a dumb move. El Shaa is just not worth Cavani (at least, not yet).

I assume they would buy El Shaa to have him near Hamsik and Cavani, and not to replace him. Plus, they won't sell Cavani in January, if that's going to happen is going to be next summer.

Lightning

Banned
This is really like Everton trying to buy RVP off United.
Except Napoli are in the title race while Everton are making up the numbers.

Napoli won't sell Cavani now. They are 3 points of the top of the table. That will be the dumbest shit ever and Cavani won't leave now anyway.

pulga

Banned
Guys I've just come back to my apartment after hanging out with my fucking NT at a strip club :lol :lol :lol

I don't even know what the fuck

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
The winners were selected by playing members of the Italian Players’ Association, Coaches, referees and journalists – around 600 voters in total.

Best Goalkeeper: Gianluigi Buffon (Juventus)

Best Right-back: Christian Maggio (Napoli)

Best Centre-backs: Thiago Silva (Milan/PSG) and Andrea Barzagli (Juventus)

Best Left-back: Federico Balzaretti (Roma)

Best Midfielders: Andrea Pirlo (Juventus), Antonio Nocerino (Milan), Claudio Marchisio (Juventus).

Best Forwards: Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Milan/PSG), Edinson Cavani (Napoli), Antonio Di Natale (Udinese).

Best Overall Player: Andrea Pirlo (Juventus)

Best Coach: Antonio Conte (Juventus)

Best Young Players in Serie A: Luis Muriel (Lecce/Udinese) and Stephan El Shaarawy (Milan)

Serie B revelations: Ciro Immobile (Genoa), Lorenzo Insigne (Napoli), Marco Verratti (PSG) – all were with Pescara

Best Club: Juventus

Best Referee: Nicola Rizzoli

Lifetime Achievement Award: Pippo Inzaghi
Aren't they only 3 points behind Juve now?
Yes.
More like Spurs trying to buying RVP.
Everything sounds funnier with Everton.

I found the rest of the winners from last night Italian Players’ Association award ceremony:
Best Goalkeeper: Gianluigi Buffon (Juventus)

Best Right-back: Christian Maggio (Napoli)

Best Centre-backs: Thiago Silva (Milan/PSG) and Andrea Barzagli (Juventus)

Best Left-back: Federico Balzaretti (Roma)

Best Midfielders: Andrea Pirlo (Juventus), Antonio Nocerino (Milan), Claudio Marchisio (Juventus).

Best Forwards: Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Milan/PSG), Edinson Cavani (Napoli), Antonio Di Natale (Udinese).

Best Overall Player: Andrea Pirlo (Juventus)

Best Coach: Antonio Conte (Juventus)

Best Young Players in Serie A: Luis Muriel (Lecce/Udinese) and Stephan El Shaarawy (Milan)

Serie B revelations: Ciro Immobile (Genoa), Lorenzo Insigne (Napoli), Marco Verratti (PSG) – all were with Pescara

Best Club: Juventus

Best Referee: Nicola Rizzoli

Lifetime Achievement Award: Pippo Inzaghi
Heh, pretty normal to see Juventus bossing around after last year, only three Milan players in it. And two of them left us last summer. Goddamnit Galliani.

Also, the best ref thing is just fucked up. Rizzoli is the ref that gifted us a penalty during Milan-Juve this year and was choosen for the Supercoppa final between Juve and Napoli back in August, where things didn't went well at all. I wonder who's our worst ref.

EDIT: awww c'mon Yurt ._.

Blablurn

topTeaser_crop_Daniel-van-Buyten-FC-Bayern-M-nchen.jpg

#Legend

No Idea how he does it but at some point of every seasons he is always in the first team lol.

Kenka

I honestly don't know. Well, I do have a couple of ideas but I'm not sure. They do have a lot of supporters, played the UCL last year and the EL this year, but I guess they also get some help from other more shady sources. Or, at least, that was pretty usual when Maradona played there in the 90s.
That's what I thought too. How come this club who was in Serie C at some point can bounce back and afford the likes of Inler, Cavani and Hamsik ? Sure de Laurentiis cannot afford to buy all of them with the meager money the club has done since it came back to Serie A, that's all too suspicious to me.

Manager

Whelan insisted there was no malice in the challenge and warned that players will no longer want to tackle if they are placed under so much scrutiny.
‘I don’t think I caught him as much as we was rolling about,’ said Whelan. ‘I’ve gone in for the challenge and I don’t think I tried to be dirty, but it if it looks that way then I’ll have to hold my hands up.

‘People have talked about tackling going out of the game but that’s only because we’re not allowing it. It’s not as if we don’t want to tackle.

‘If you’re getting pulled up on little things every week then people will stop. It’s the English game, the old-fashioned game, and that’s what the Premier League is so good for.’

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/8447900?[/url]

ibcFRKR9immpuk.gif

What a fucking asshole.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
‘I’ve gone in for the challenge and I don’t think I tried to be dirty, but it if it looks that way then I’ll have to hold my hands up.

242.gif

choodi

Banned
Yeah. That is bollocks. It's hard to see what else he's intending to do with that tackle.

That's not even classed as a tackle in my book, that is an intentional lunge which is either meant to hurt someone, or intimidate then so that they pull out of that and any other subsequent challenges.

Arnie

Spent the last half an hour watching Cavani videos, and I've got a complete man crush. He's just majestic, football's Jesus.

Ushojax

Tottenham have agreed a £1.5 million deal to sign Lewis Holtby from Schalke this month, Goal.com understands.

Holtby will join the north London club on a four-and-a-half year contract with the further option of a one-year extension.

Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy has been locked in talks with Schalke general manager Horst Heldt over the last two weeks as the Londoners look to bolster their squad to aid their push for a top four finish.

Good. If we'd had him yesterday we might have created enough chances to paper over the Caulker-Vertonghen shitshow.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
In fairness I loved the guy prior because of everything he'd done for me on FM. Scored 30 goals in the league for my Napoli side last season, effectively winning us our second consecutive scudetto singlehandedly.

Walter Mazzarrnie!

Facism

Gold Member
It's Greg Stobart who is always accurate with Spurs news. The Schalke general manager has already confirmed he's in London finalising the deal, he is coming.

Goal has a tendency to poison even good things, like shitting into a bottle of the purest mineral water.

Ushojax

Goal has a tendency to poison even good things, like shitting into a bottle of the purest mineral water.

I know they talk a lot of shite but this story is true. It's in all the German papers as well, talks happened last night in London between Levy and the Schalke general manager.

Arnie

Walter Mazzarrnie!

I play as a Portuguese prodigy known as Abelio Mateus, which means something like 'winner' in the language. In my head I'm sexy as fuck, too. Naughty suits, naughty tactics. Cavani, Hamsik, Jovetic, El Shaa, Destro, Isco, Oscar, Gaitan. My attacking options are insane.

arkon

I play as a Portuguese prodigy known as Abelio Mateus, which means something like 'winner' in the language. In my head I'm sexy as fuck, too. Naughty suits, naughty tactics. Cavani, Hamsik, Jovetic, El Shaa, Destro, Isco, Oscar, Gaitan. My attacking options are insane.

Holy shit. I'm at full mast here.

Ushojax

Hotlby move being reported by ESPN and Daily Fail as well. Come on Levy, another £3.5m on Diame, £8m on Hooper and we're set.

Hooper for £8m? No thanks ;p

I'd rather we tried loaning someone and spending bigger on a striker in the summer. Can he even play up top by himself?

Also, Fifa 13 PC has been sent, hope you're all ready for my skillz.

Ushojax

Hooper for £8m? No thanks ;p

I'd rather we tried loaning someone and spending bigger on a striker in the summer. Can he even play up top by himself?

Also, Fifa 13 PC has been sent, hope you're all ready for my skillz.

Hooper is a good player, he played very well yesterday and stood out from a shit Celtic side. He has a connection to Spurs having been released by us when he was 14, he will be hungry. With Defoe picking up this hip injury we need to get somebody. A loan move for some other player would be fine just as long as they are fitter than Saha was.

Saha was on fire to be fair...for around 130 minutes into his Spurs career.

Then turned to a lump of shit. Surely Madrid have some exciting strikers they could lend us? Partnership deal needs to be justified somehow...

Top Bottom