• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT12| Kicked the Ballboy Like Stan Hit Ulrika

Arnie

City are going to buy Cavani, aren't they?

In the summer, obviously.

Brenton on Coutinho: "Nothing to report. There's been talks between the club's but that's about it."

Heh.
What's he meant to say?

He was spot on about yesterday, too. A few players were far too soft and need to toughen up, couple of youngsters coasting in the belief that they're superstars, and if they don't learn to put in the effort, and learn from role models like Gerrard then they may find themselves playing in League One.

Messi

From total barca

--

Science Quiz: analyse and interpret this string of numbers:

1 – 2 – 2 – 2 – 2 – 2 – 2 – 2 – 2 – 1 – 1 – 1 – 1 – 1 – 1 – 4

If your answer had something to do with DNA or calculus, can I suggest another website for you to browse? In fact, these are Leo Messi’s scoring numbers in the last 16 matches he has played. Mind you, not the last 16 matches in which he happened to score, but the last 16, period. 16 matches. 27 goals. It doesn’t take a science degree to appreciate this incredible achievement.

--

Messi is just godly.

Meier

I don't think the team will do it unless Napoli soften their stance on release-clause only. I have a feeling that Txiki and Ferran will start moving towards more undervalued Spaniards.. FFP will definitely come into play.

Meier

Just read a story on the Mail that quotes Pardew as saying the new Frenchies will be fined if they don't learn English. I imagine most of them have at least some grasp of the language already.. don't most European countries teach it to all students?

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
I can't get excited by this Leroy Fer guy yet. I need to wait a few days and see if this transfer was funded by Fellaini leaving.

Zabojnik

Conte, Bonucci and Nedved are under investigation by the FIGC after the game with Genoa. Guida (the referee) reported them. :lol :lol

Bans incoming.

I don't know about the other two, but Conte allegedly yelled "vergogna" (shameful) at the ref. I think Stramaccioni got a one match ban for more or less the same. Of course, in his case, the ref didn't admit that his goal-line assistent signaled the penalty but that he (the ref) "didn't feel like conceeding a penalty in the last minute of extra time". Which is just outrageous and higly suspicius given that the ref is a Napoli fan (by his own admission).

But, yeah, rightful ban and Juve always cheats. *wink*

Serious question: where does Napoli get its money from ?

De Laurentiis, who's quite rich, runs an extremely tight ship. They have a relatively low salary cap, rarely spend more than 10-15M€ in transfer money on a single player and their fanbase is pretty big. It's not like they're doing anything crazy. They got 'lucky' with a few transfers (Hamsik, Cavani, Lavezzi before he left), have a solid squad and a capable, if detestable, coach. Walter Mazzarri, the inventor of the 3-5-2.

Aren't they only 3 points behind Juve now?

They're 3 points behind January's Juve, which isn't the real Juve at all. So, yeah, we'll see how that goes for them.

bud23

Messi is just godly.

Wow, That´s a huge hyperbole. Messi is really good, I admit it. But sadly for him Torres born in the same era, if not Messi would be one of the greatest players in football history.

Lio, maybe in your next reincarnation, sorry :(

Arnie

I don't think the team will do it unless Napoli soften their stance on release-clause only. I have a feeling that Txiki and Ferran will start moving towards more undervalued Spaniards.. FFP will definitely come into play.
I don't think a club like City with the expectation to challenge and win consistently will follow the undervalued Spaniard model. Unless you're including the likes of Isco (which I hope you aren't) in that, young Spaniards aren't going to bring you the joy City now demand.

Cavani, on the other hand, almost guarantees silverware with the personnel behind it. I think you'll buy Isco and Cavani, spend a fucking fortune, and win the league.
I can't get excited by this Leroy Fer guy yet. I need to wait a few days and see if this transfer was funded by Fellaini leaving.
Funnily enough I couldn't get excited about Suarez because Torres had just left; then I watched him score on his debut versus Stoke and all that melted away. Now I love him, kind of, in a 'you're great whilst you're here' kind of way.

The_Joker

yeahhhhhhhhh...yeahhh..yeahhhh...auf geht's hamburggg....yeahhhhhhhhh...yeahhh..yeahhhh... always hamburg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VN08nugJCbY

what's better than beating your biggest enemy 3:2? beating your biggest enemy 3:2 with 2 irregular goals (2:1 was hands and 3:1 was offside) :D

dm4RmQR.jpg

What's he meant to say?

He was spot on about yesterday, too. A few players were far too soft and need to toughen up, couple of youngsters coasting in the belief that they're superstars, and if they don't learn to put in the effort, and learn from role models like Gerrard then they may find themselves playing in League One.

I think this comment spies a larger problem with Liverpool:

"It is not enough to play for Liverpool and get up for the Arsenal and Manchester City games (later this week) because if we are going to win trophies you need to be able to come to places like Oldham and win and we weren't good enough for that."

I've felt for a number of years now that Liverpool have only really turned it on in the big games (notwithstanding games against Norwich :p). Seems a strange mentality problem they've got.

dc89

I don't think a club like City with the expectation to challenge and win consistently will follow the undervalued Spaniard model. Unless you're including the likes of Isco (which I hope you aren't) in that, young Spaniards aren't going to bring you the joy City now demand.

Cavani, on the other hand, almost guarantees silverware with the personnel behind it. I think you'll buy Isco and Cavani, spend a fucking fortune, and win the league.

buy them in the summer?

I'm glad Rafael isn't in the Brazzzhilll squad. He's played lots this season. He can have a rest.

He'll be the starting RB at the 2014 WC anyways.

Messi

Wow, That´s a huge hyperbole. Messi is really good, I admit it. But sadly for him Torres born in the same era, if not Messi would be one of the greatest players in football history.

Lio, maybe in your next reincarnation, sorry :(

Trying to give Lord dc a run for his money.

You think Rafael will oust Alves next year for the RB spot? I don't see it.
Nah I was kidding.

But I think he will nail that spot down eventually. Probably not for the World Cup though, too soon. He needs to prove himself more consistently and then for Brazil obv.

Alves is far too good. How old is he anyways?

Arnie

I think this comment spies a larger problem with Liverpool:

"It is not enough to play for Liverpool and get up for the Arsenal and Manchester City games (later this week) because if we are going to win trophies you need to be able to come to places like Oldham and win and we weren't good enough for that."

I've felt for a number of years now that Liverpool have only really turned it on in the big games (notwithstanding games against Norwich :p). Seems a strange mentality problem they've got.
It's been the opposite this season, though.

It's not just Norwich, we've dominated the likes of Wigan, Sunderland, Newcastle, Southampton, Reading, and QPR, but failed to capitalise in the bigger games. We should've taken points against United and City, given our performances, but bottled it, and were fortunate to leave Stamford Bridge with a point. Then against the likes of Arsenal and Spurs we crumbled too, looking extremely fragile against real quality.

That's why a win against Arsenal would mean so much, because as a club we feel incapable of taking the big, important scalps at the moment, whereas previously we had some degree of confidence in those games.
buy them in the summer?
Of course.

You ain't doing any business in this window, outside of shipping Balotelli to Milan.

Meier

It's only natural Rio would laud his teammate.. I don't have a problem with his statement even though it has not been true (even though Rafael has had an excellent season by every measure). Brazil's struggles recently have definitely been due to their porous defense.. they'd be wise to try and get Rafael some international experience as soon as possible.

Attack wise, it's hard to top them right now. I'd say only Argentina has a better attack force as far as individual talent is concerned.

It's been the opposite this season, though.

It's not just Norwich, we've dominated the likes of Wigan, Sunderland, Newcastle, Southampton, Reading, and QPR, but failed to capitalise in the bigger games. We should've taken points against United and City, given our performances, but bottled it, and were fortunate to leave Stamford Bridge with a point. Then against the likes of Arsenal and Spurs we crumbled too, looking extremely fragile against real quality.

That's why a win against Arsenal would mean so much, because as a club we feel incapable of taking the big, important scalps at the moment, whereas previously we had some degree of confidence in those games.

That's true, results against the top teams have not gone your way. I do think the Liverpool tend to look more impressive in the bigger games though (however you might want to define 'more impressive').

Messi

Nah I was kidding.

But I think he will nail that spot down eventually. Probably not for the World Cup though, too soon. He needs to prove himself more consistently and then for Brazil obv.

Alves is far too good. How old is he anyways?

29, 30 in May.

Arnie

Xavi signs a new contract at Barca keeping him there until June 2016.
Oh you.
That's true, results against the top teams have not gone your way. I do think the Liverpool tend to look more impressive in the bigger games though (however you might want to define 'more impressive').

Our worst league performances this season have come against Arsenal, United, and Villa. But at least at Anfield I'd say we played exceptionally against United and City, despite understandably playing our 'best' football against the likes of Norwich and Sunderland.

Blablurn

if there isn't much to report, just make shit up. worked great for german media in the past

yeah. the first one they wanted to make an interview with on sunday was mario gomez... because he was on the bench for 87 minutes lol. fucking german media.

Messi

Was considering going to the clasico at the end of the month. The 2nd leg of the copa semi final seeing as the tickets are on sale to the public on thursday. But they are 250 euro. Fuck that.

Zabojnik

Was considering going to the clasico at the end of the month. The 2nd leg of the copa semi final seeing as the tickets are on sale to the public on thursday. But they are 250 euro. Fuck that.

Well, at least Camp Nou is right down your street. You Spaniard, you.

Nyx

FFS!

Adam Sarota is out for 8 to 10 months with a damaged knee.

735141_518308778189509_487567793_n.jpg

This season he finally managed to get into the first 11 and stay there, and now this...

Good luck Adam!

bud23

Well, at least Camp Nou is right down your street. You Spaniard, you.

Yeah, the ticket prices here in Spain are just ridiculous, we have the largest unemployment rate of Europe, but still you have to pay much more than in any other european country.

Makes no sense. Actually, all what happen in this fucking country makes no sense. Fuck you Spain.

btw, Messi, are you spaniard? Didn´t know that.

Yeah, the ticket prices here in Spain are just ridiculous, we have the largest unemployment rate of Europe, but still you have to pay much more than in any other european country.

Makes no sense. Actually, all what happen in this fucking country makes no sense. Fuck you Spain.

btw, Messi, are you spaniard? Didn´t know that.

Nope, he is Irish.

Fucking glory hunter lol :p

Top Bottom