• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT12| Kicked the Ballboy Like Stan Hit Ulrika

Juventus bans after Juve-Genoa: Conte and Bonucci banned for two games, Chiellini for one match, Marotta suspended until 18th February.

Edit: Conte and Bonucci have also been fined €10,000 each. Juventus, as a club, will have to pay out €50,000.

dc89

Juventus bans after Juve-Genoa: Conte and Bonucci banned for two games, Chiellini for one match, Marotta suspended until 18th February.

Edit: Conte and Bonucci have also been fined €10,000 each. Juventus, as a club, will have to pay out €50,000.

Hmmm. Don't really know what to think of this.

pulga

Banned

Incredible, it's a fucking joke.

Messi

Messi, are you spaniard? Didn´t know that.

Its a joke here that most people just assumed I was from Spain for the longest time.

Nope, he is Irish.

Fucking glory hunter lol :p

tumblr_mbjhufc4Bu1qejm2wo1_500.gif

Ehh he isn't overrated...

As a fan of a team who might immensely overpay for the guy, I understand you tell yourself that. The only real impressive thing about him is his potential in Fifa.

came out of nowhere. is he good?

I like him. Strong physical specimen, always around the ball and can score when needed. Had the tendency to come up big in the clutch. Of course this is against much weaker opponents, but still. Dude is only 23, for 10 million you got yourself a solid player who has the potential to develop.

Zabojnik

They argued with the ref at the end of the match because he denied a pretty clear penalty at the end of the game on Saturday night, ended 1-1.

It should be added that Conte at least complained because the ref (well, his assistent did for sure) saw the handball, but "didn't feel like blowing the whistle", since it happened in extra time.

More or less what was expected. FIGC are really trying their hardest to make it an interesting campionato until the end. First it was shameless calls in Lazio favour, not it's Napoli's turn.

Valencia's debt stands at €387m and that is on its way down from the €550m racked up by previous president Juan Soler, football's very own Brian Potter. Deportivo's admitted debt, meanwhile, stands at €93m, their squad and now even their bench occupied by clients of Jorge Mendes.

Valencia have been taken over by the regional government – who, having ploughed in more than €110m, also own controlling stakes in Hércules and Elche and sponsored Villarreal via Castellón airport - an airport where no planes have ever taken off or landed – after they defaulted on an interest payment. Deportivo have filed for administration, which – and here's the trick – carries no sporting penalty, after they finally admitted that they could not satisfy their debts and found their income embargoed by the state. They owe money to more than 200 institutions, companies and people. Including €107,000 to a restaurant in La Coruña even though the club owns a restaurant that was granted a Michelin star.

Not one of Deportivo's players is up to date on pay and they still owe Albert Luque €2.1m. He left seven years ago. Over at Valencia, David Villa, Juan Mata and David Silva are long gone and continued sales are inevitable, even with a budget that makes the assumption that they will reach next season's Champions League. If they don't, and they currently have Málaga, Betis and Rayo ahead of them, the decomposition will continue at even greater pace. If Deportivo are relegated again, their capacity for generating money will be hit hard: typically a relegated team can expect the money they make from TV rights to drop from €15-20m down to €2m.
Depro & Valencia - Once were warriors.

Spanish football is right on the brink.

It's already been given a life line, a ridiculous and immoral lifeline, by the government but I can't see how much longer that will last.

Needs a complete overhaul.

Linius

As a fan of a team who might immensely overpay for the guy, I understand you tell yourself that. The only real impressive thing about him is his potential in Fifa.

Wait, what? Maher shows incredible promise. And I have nothing to do with the player as an Ajax fan, just being objective here.

aren't those bans a little harsh or is this a common practice in Italy?
Well, I don't know exactly what they've said to the ref, so I'm guessing it was something really offensive. That's the only explaination, our managers pretty much complain all the time about everything, so maybe they went just a little bit over the edge. Otherwise, those bans are harsh, if they've said the usual stuff.

Ancelotti used to complain every single match and was sent off only once. Of course, he wasn't like Conte, it takes a lot to make him mad.

spidye

Well, I don't know exactly what they've said to the ref, so I'm guessing it was something really offensive. That's the only explaination, our managers pretty much complain all the time about everything, so maybe they went just a little bit over the edge. Otherwise, those bans are harsh, if they've said the usual stuff.

Ancelotti used to complain every single match and was sent off only once. Of course, he wasn't like Conte, it takes a lot to make him mad.

ok. thanks for the info

faridmon

Thanks guys. I just hope he turns out to be another Felleini, since we payed a hefty price on him when he came to Goodison. I wonder which position will he play. I really hope that this means no Neville and Heitinga in the middle.

Also, we Need to buy someone who can play at a Right Midfield. Miralles is injured again and Naismith is bloody usless.

dc89

I can upgrade my mobile phone today.

Hmmmm.... Galaxy SIII is calling to me. I currently have an iPhone 4. Will I miss my iPhone?

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
LEWIS IS OURS

I wonder if he'll be on the bench on Wednesday. Anyway, one or two more and were set.

GQman2121

Banned
I can upgrade my mobile phone today.

Hmmmm.... Galaxy SIII is calling to me. I currently have an iPhone 4. Will I miss my iPhone?

I would wait a few weeks and see what new stuff gets announced. Sony's two new Xperia phones look really good to me. Or, just get iPhone _ when its released.

Tony Scott ‏@Tony_Scott11
Marco Materazzi hitting back at Rafa Benitez: "If I am a liar, then he's skinny. I feel sorry for the fans of Chelsea" #CFC

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

LEWIS IS OURS

I wonder if he'll be on the bench on Wednesday. Anyway, one or two more and were set.

Hopefully he adds the creativity we so desperately need now. Just need a striker to finish the chances and Diame as a potential back up.

....that;s all our business I bet though.

ShogunX

Thanks guys. I just hope he turns out to be another Felleini, since we payed a hefty price on him when he came to Goodison. I wonder which position will he play. I really hope that this means no Neville and Heitinga in the middle.

Also, we Need to buy someone who can play at a Right Midfield. Miralles is injured again and Naismith is bloody usless.

Why the Neville hate? He's an Everton legend and gives 100% every single game! Are you telling me you dont enjoy those lofted through balls he does straight to the opposition keeper?

confuziz

Banned
You could say I'm a Samsung fanboy;

- Samsung monitor
- Samsung T.V
- Samsung T.V receiver
- Samsung external harddrive
- Samsung Galaxy S 2
- Samsung mp3 player

Top Bottom