• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT12| Kicked the Ballboy Like Stan Hit Ulrika

Wes

venison crêpe
Statement from Randy Lerner:

“In the time that I’ve come to know Paul what is clear above all else is his strength of character and belief in his approach to football. Fortunes can shift quickly in this game and a sense that one has it right can become grave doubt in a matter of a few games.

"The Villa board knew that with Paul we would begin to address the club’s multi-year lack of competitive stability by reshaping the squad with seven new signings in the summer.

"It has been rewarding at times this season although certainly frustrating as well, particularly recently. During January Paul and the board have discussed a variety of players although nothing has yet materialised, which I know also can be frustrating as fresh players always give at least a sense of progress and optimism.

"Finally, and on a very personal note, I would reiterate that Paul has achieved success at many levels of professional football and I believe, given support, he will continue to do so for us.”

GQman2121

Banned
Move stuff is okay with me. Most of it is optional and varies from title to title. They need a better camera for it to make the next step though. The current one is rather shit.

I loved Unfinished Swan with move controls. Everyone should buy that game while its on sale.

dc89

I love it when this happens on FIFA!!! My opponent picks Brazil, just insta-passes to Neymar and starts doing all the tricks.

I'm currently dismantling him 4-1. Dzeko hattrick and a Yaya tap in. Lopes is coming on now...

That thing will cost €500 if that's true (with all the specs). It will soon be in the 'bomba bin' due to this small gaming crash we are in.

From the thread, sounds like the components are cheap enough to be sold at $400, which would hopefully be £350 or so given the fact that they nearly ignore the exchange rate. No chance they'll go straight for profits at launch. They won't be selling at big losses, but they'll know that its imperative that they get their foot in the door as early as possible

Was kind of hoping motion gaming would go away with the next set of consoles. Guess not.

Its almost imperative for me. I already have a Move as well, so there'd better be a SKU without one, and with a massive hard drive

Fuck motion controls, absolute pile of shite.

faridmon

Why the Neville hate? He's an Everton legend and gives 100% every single game! Are you telling me you dont enjoy those lofted through balls he does straight to the opposition keeper?

Lol, He should just retire at this point. It feels like we are playing against 12 men whenever he is on the pitch.
I will never understand Moyes' obsession with this guy, but again, I never understood his obsession with Saha as well *shudders*

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Lol, He should just retire at this point. It feels like we are playing against 12 men whenever he is on the pitch.
I will never understand Moyes' obsession with this guy, but again, I never understood his obsession with Saha as well *shudders*

Don't jinx us into resigning him.

CrunchyB

Wow at the Fer transfer. Nobody saw that one coming.

Easily one of the best Dutch midfielders, strong, fast, knows how to score. Professional and a likable guy. Not very creative, but you can't have everything.

Sad to see him go as a Twente supporter. We're going to miss him in European games and other big matches. But in 80% of the Eredivisie matches, we'd be better off with someone like Đuričić.

kharma45

From the thread, sounds like the components are cheap enough to be sold at $400, which would hopefully be £350 or so given the fact that they nearly ignore the exchange rate. No chance they'll go straight for profits at launch. They won't be selling at big losses, but they'll know that its imperative that they get their foot in the door as early as possible

£279/£329 is what I think it'll cost for the low end and high end SKU, there is nothing fancy going into it.

yeahhhhhhhhh...yeahhh..yeahhhh...auf geht's hamburggg....yeahhhhhhhhh...yeahhh..yeahhhh... always hamburg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VN08nugJCbY

what's better than beating your biggest enemy 3:2? beating your biggest enemy 3:2 with 2 irregular goals (2:1 was hands and 3:1 was offside) :D

dm4RmQR.jpg

Son is so good mang. Hate that Rudnevs guy in FM though, bloody useless. :p

confuziz

Banned

Easily one of the best Dutch midfielders, strong, fast, knows how to score. Professional and a likable guy. Not very creative, but you can't have everything.

Sad to see him go as a Twente supporter. We're going to miss him in European games and other big matches. But in 80% of the Eredivisie matches, we'd be better off with someone like Đuričić.

A twente fan? nice to have you here!

pulga

Banned
I love it when this happens on FIFA!!! My opponent picks Brazil, just insta-passes to Neymar and starts doing all the tricks.

I'm currently dismantling him 4-1. Dzeko hattrick and a Yaya tap in. Lopes is coming on now...

Club vs NT? Ew, that's a no-no.

Meier

L'Equipe say Pep Guardiola is set to be given a 280m transfer budget next season at Bayern Munich.

Yikes.

This is one of those stories that won't go away. One of the German fans in here explained where the initial figure came from. It isn't their transfer budget although I am sure it will be substantial.

Linius

Haha

Welkom Twente fan.

CrunchyB

A twente fan? nice to have you here!

Didn't start out as a Twente fan, not originally a tukker, but living in Enschede for 14 years rubs off on you.
FC Twente games were hard to ignore back when I lived within earshot of the stadium :)

Too bad they've been playing shit football ever since Theo Janssen left. I love that guy.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry

although we do need a striker badly. I think Jelavic needs to know that he is not untouchable and need to find his form sooner than later.

I think Jelavic shouldn't be starting automatically. Anichebe has earned playing time through his play and hard work. Jelavic has looked shaky all season. If Mirallas got rid of his dodgy hamstrings then I wouldn't mind playing him as a forward. He knows how to score.

faridmon

I think we shouldn't be starting him automatically. Anichebe has earned playing time through his play and hard work. Jelavic has looked shaky all season. If Mirallas got rid of his dodgy hamstrings then I wouldn't mind playing him as a forward. He knows how to score.

Moyes seem to acknowledge it, at least

Yeah, pity about Miralles, we really need him, especially on the right. I wouldn't mind play Naismith as striker just to see how it pans out, his original position is not on the right so he is quite useless. Or at least behind Anichebe.

I'm not sure how Everton even paid for Fer.

Installments maybe or an advance on that TV contract.
I reckon we can spend some money if we want to, its just that, the Club is trying to have expensive contractual wages. Fer is paid in installments, I think around 7M first and the rest will be paid later.

Meier

Everton desperately need striker help.. I've been saying it for some time. They really lack a clear scoring threat outside of Fellaini and it seems like clubs have figured out how to neutralize him more often than not as he hasn't scored in ages. I think if he were fit, they'd be smart to try and loan Guidetti for the rest of the season. With Mario seemingly on his way out though, I don't know if City can afford to let John go out on loan. I hope we play him some..

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Mousa on cup defeat:

“The most difficult thing is to think every week as you would if you were playing United,” Moussa said.

“It is very easy to motivate yourself against them but when you have a team like this it’s a bit more difficult, because they have everything to gain.

“You have to give extra energy to motivate yourself and maybe that was a bit of a problem for us but we still feel we can win a trophy this season, because there is a lot of quality in our group."

Could you please relay those feelings to Jan Vertonghen who turned in a pathetic display. Caulker is very young, he has an excuse, Jan is an established European player and his disinterested performance was disgraceful. He just didn't give a shit about the match, same as when he came on for 10 minutes at Norwich in the COC and cost us two goals with his laziness. If it isn't the PL he has a real attitude problem, I know some Belgium and Ajax fans have seen this before.

Yeah but I really hope this is true. It is also said that David Villa wants to join us he will be such a welcome asset.

Yeah, but he's one of those 'dream' players that I'd love but would never imagine getting! :lol

So now that we could potentially have the chance....FUCK :lol

Another one of the funny Djok gifs:

iboEy6ZVGUuKol.gif

Meier

Yeah, but he's one of those 'dream' players that I'd love but would never imagine getting! :lol

So now that we could potentially have the chance....FUCK :lol

Yeah, Villa could go a long way at making sure Arsenal fight for the last UCL spot. It's going to be a battle, that's for sure. It's a question of whether spending £20-25m now is worth making at least that much less next year. I'd say it is. Obviously if you pony up for him and then still fail to make the UCL, it hurts but it's not like Arsenal aren't sitting on a pile of cash.

feel

I can upgrade my mobile phone today.

Hmmmm.... Galaxy SIII is calling to me. I currently have an iPhone 4. Will I miss my iPhone?
I have both but still keep using the iphone 4 as my main. Can't get past the SIII's huuuuge size and cheap feeling exterior hardware, plus mine is yucky white (it was a gift, unlocked). The UI on SIII also seems like a flashy mess but that's probably just me being too used to iOS.

Top Bottom