• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT12| Kicked the Ballboy Like Stan Hit Ulrika

Salazar

Kpop bros! <3

31MroKi.gif

New Sakanaction will be killer. I need more new Leessang, too.

Meier

City u14s are the champions of England! ;)

Regional Qualifiying Tournament &#8211; October 2012
City 2-0 Middlesbrough
City 1-1 Sunderland
City 0-0 Newcastle United
City 2-0 Blackburn Rovers

National Premier League Tournament &#8211; January 2013
City 2-1 Chelsea
City 1-0 Bolton
City 2-1 Southampton
City 3-1 Wolves
City 3-1 West Ham
http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Academy-news/2013/January/City-u14s-clinch-National-Premier-League-title?

Get to play Barcelona next.. that should be ugly.

Arnie

Came in here to get some respite from my crippling pre-exam nerves, and you lot are talking about K-Pop. Ill take my chances elsewhere.

Koko

Banned
Didn't knew that Milan bought Saponara, it will be a really interesting attack with Niang,Shaarawy,Saponara and maybe Balotelli

pulga

Banned
I think my favorite moment ever in Fifa was the disappointment I brought when I scored a great goal we really needed, just for it to be ruled offside after you fuckers had all celebrated and praised it lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuaFtqCmRFU

Can listen to your frustrated voices all day, wish I had the whole thing when I just scored it and not just the part where you realize I was off lol
Wooden, how can I get a FIFA replay from my 360 to youtube? I scored an olympic goal over my bitter IRL FIFA rival and I need a handy YT video, post haste!

rodvik

It is tempting to stick money on 0-0, with both teams not even attempting an effort at goal, several fans are rushed to hopsital with boredom, media channels fail to record the game ever takin place but NeoGaffer Villains and Toonies are both satisfied with being a point closer to safety.

Keep your money man. We will concede, each corner we have is like a penalty (known as a cornalty amongst Villa fans). It is vaguely possible we might score enough to get a draw but the most likely result is a multi goal game with us losing.

Lightning

Banned
Keep your money man. We will concede, each corner we have is like a penalty (known as a cornalty amongst Villa fans). It is vaguely possible we might score enough to get a draw but the most likely result is a multi goal game with us losing.
Dont be so down man. you've got a decent team, a bit raw, but a good platform to build on in the future and with more TV money coming in for being in the PL your side has a decent platform.

You have a team capable of beating Newcastle. Dont let their bargin bin signings fool you. Cabaye and Cisse were the main dangers before the signings and nothing has changed they still are. That Newcastle side is nothing to worry about.

Salazar

Radical proposals to overhaul the way English football is run could be backed by new legislation, following a withering parliamentary report criticising the failure to introduce new financial controls and increase the influence of fans.

The culture, media and sport select committee accuses the Football Association, the Premier League and the Football League of a "very disappointing" response to its report published in July 2011, which followed a wide-ranging inquiry into the governance of the game.

Unless there was "clear progress" in 12 months on those measures, the government should legislate "as soon as practicable", the committee says.

It wanted the FA to restructure its main board to assert its independence, overhaul the FA Council to make it more representative, introduce tough new rules on financial regulation, and increase the influence of supporters on how their clubs were run.

Get that domestic FFP cooking and fuck with the plastic fuckers' money.

rodvik

Dont be so down man. you've got a decent team, a bit raw, but a good platform to build on in the future and with more TV money coming in for being in the PL your side has a decent platform.

You have a team capable of beating Newcastle. Dont let their bargin bin signings fool you. Cabaye and Cisse were the main dangers before the signings and nothing has changed they still are. That Newcastle side is nothing to worry about.

Thanks! I hope you are right. I cant watch the game tomorrow so I will just glance at the result after. You will hear my scream of horror/joy from across a continent.

Lightning

Banned
http://nz.sports.yahoo.com/football...emains-in-doldrums-despite-weekend-of-shocks/

That is such a poor poor article. These lower teams lift themselves when playing bigger clubs and the big clubs need to adjust to that. Bradford for example played really well against us, we were poor, but they lifted themselves but you don't see them doing that every week.

A team like Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool, Everton or anyone in the top 8 should be able to make 5 or 6 changes and beat anyone in the lower divisions. If they can't then they don't have enough quality in their squad because if those youngsters are not good enough against a lower division side how can you play them against say Sunderland/Fulham or Stoke? It's like having a squad with only 16 players.

It's also good for the youngsters to show what they can do, some will shine and the manager is a genius, some don't and the manager doesn't know what they're doing but I don't see how this takes anything away from the FA cup. Really important trophy. You think if it was Liverpool vs Spurs Rodgers would have rested players? No he wouldn't. You field a squad that should win the match which both Liverpool and Spurs did just sometimes it doesn't quite come off.

Thanks! I hope you are right. I cant watch the game tomorrow so I will just glance at the result after. You will hear my scream of horror/joy from across a continent.
I wish you guys really well. I feel you are heading in the right direction but you need to avoid relegation as Villa can do with the extra TV money.

Salazar

We signed Wanyama yet? Strootlord?

Bit odd to sign Wanyama now when we can't play him in the CL*

*lols, we going out of that bitch quicksharp

But only a bit odd, and other contenders for him would by and large have the same reason to hesitate.

Signing him now for summer would seem peculiar from Celtic's perspective: we would presumably have to pay over the odds to compensate them for the summer auction scenario they'd miss out on. What with the number of relatively cash-rich clubs who either unequivocally need or desperately believe that they need a midfield cruncher.

Kenyan FA bloke is probably talking bollocks, or at least 60% bollocks.

I think Strootz is a more likely target. Aye, tho it will surely break confuziz's gentle heart.

Krul said:
"Some of them don't really speak much English yet so from or point of view we have to help them all we can. If my centre halves speak French I have to make sure I can communicate with them. That will take a few weeks but football language isn't that difficult.

"It doesn't take that long to integrate and football language is easy to pick up. I'll teach them the most important words.

"There are a few key words which they've got to know. 'away', 'man on','keeper's ball' that kind of thing. If I'm coming out for the ball they will know about it! Definitely today I'll give them a list.

"For me Dutch and English were the two languages I learned as a kid. I also did German and French as well but I kept mixing things up so I gave French up after a year.

"I've just passed Mapou in the corridor and I had to get out of his way, he's a big lad! You need that physical side and it will be good to get Tiote back. With those two players in the side it will give the other sides a little fright. I'm really glad we've signed the new players."

Kenka

Outside of Bayern and Dortmund, what are the hated clubs in Germany ?
The only clubs who don't get any hate in Germany are St-Pauli because they are too awesome to be detested, and Tennis Borussia Berlin because they let everyone win against them. To some extent, Freiburg has gone gathering sympathies from the whole country for their ability to stay afloat with little money. Otherwise, there are a lot rivalties in every corner of the country, and no club is safe from criticism.
schalke is going to play against sneijder And drogba lol. they will get destroyed.
Gala really believe in their chances to reach the quart finals. But Schalke is still better. It's gonna be super duper exciting in any case.

Clegg

I wish I could get excited for all these next gen console spec reveals. But I haven't a clue about any of this technical jargon.

And no one thought Strootman was moving to United in this transfer window.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Wenger: "Barcelona do not want to sell David Villa. They've made that very clear"

It's like the Sonic Cycle, except replace the Sonic fans with Gunners.

I wish I could get excited for all these next gen console spec reveals. But I haven't a clue about any of this technical jargon.

I'll make it easier for you! Next gen consoles are five years behind current gen PCs.

Clegg

Wenger: "Barcelona do not want to sell David Villa. They've made that very clear"

It's like the Sonic Cycle, except replace the Sonic fans with Gunners.

I'll make it easier for you! Next gen consoles is five years behind current gen PCs.
Why you gotta hurt the console bros?

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Sounds like we are definitely in for a striker due to Defoe's hip injury. Negredo seems a plausible Levy signing, Seville want to sell and he's a decent player with European experience. Somebody like Damiao, who's never played in Europe, would be a big gamble and far more expensive too.

Add Negredo to Holtby and I think we will be OK, though another CM would be helpful.

Top Bottom