• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT12| Kicked the Ballboy Like Stan Hit Ulrika

Blablurn

It's Robbens 29
th birthday today!!

385262_598813133468715_1411294379_n.jpg

Lightning

Banned
I can't wait for Robben and Ribery's bullshit to totally wind up Pep. I wonder if Bayern's management will back Pep when he wants to get rid of certain players.

Fry

Because be probably trained Busquets' bullshit.

Yeah, well, I don't see what Ribery's got that could be called 'bullshit'. He loses his head once every 10 matches, but that's it. You don't sell your Best. Player. because of that.

bjaelke

'I saw a headline saying Arsenal are flying the flag for Britain in the Champions League, but I had to wonder where that British involvement was when I saw the team,' said Pardew.

'There was a big commotion when that first happened and it shouldn't be washed under the mat again.

'Every English club should carry at least three British players in the first team. The foreign players have added massively to our game, but the soul of the club is the homegrown players and they should be integrated into that team.

'It is important we don't lose sight that this is the English Premier League and English players should be involved.
Alan Pardew anno 2006

Lightning

Banned
Alan Pardew anno 2006
When you consider the chaff players that are being brought then it does make you wonder what they are trying to achieve. They'll never build a squad capable of Europe football that way. More and more last season looks like a one off anomaly.

Kenka

Ribéry is a team player while Robben isn't. I think Robben has better chances to be sold to Groningen than Ribéry back to Marseille.

rodvik

Colin Murray had lawyers contact journalists who slagged off his presenting on MOTD ?

Yikes. Do one, Colin.

I thought his attempts at being blokesey were dreadful. Also why on earth did he spend so much time talking about senseless shite like whatever jumper someone was wearing?

Carbonox

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs...t-changed-9cm-too-short-franca-112604175.html

Hannover were feeling a little short-changed with new signing Franca as the Brazilian does not quite measure up to the towering midfielder the Bundesliga club had expected.

The 21-year-old left Brazilian first-division club Coritiba after signing a deal to 2016 but after arriving in Germany, coach Mirko Slomka discovered Franca was far shorter than the 6'2" man he had been expecting.

In fact he is nine centimetres - or 3.5 inches - less than what the club's sports director Joerg Schmadtke had talked about, Slomka said.

:lol :lol

Oh and the player's real name is: Welington Wildy Muniz dos Santos

Salazar

The Independent's Ian Herbert is officially a thick fucker

"Manchester United's Ryan Giggs is set to become the first individual to complete the mandatory qualification for Premier League and Champions League managers while still playing, sending a clear signal that he aspires to manage the club one day"

Headline: Ryan Giggs takes steps to succeed Alex Ferguson

sohois

The Independent's Ian Herbert is officially a thick fucker

"Manchester United's Ryan Giggs is set to become the first individual to complete the mandatory qualification for Premier League and Champions League managers while still playing, sending a clear signal that he aspires to manage the club one day"

Headline: Ryan Giggs takes steps to succeed Alex Ferguson

I think headlines are often the result of editors or other staff, not the writers themselves which is why one so often sees sensationalist headlines with mismatched articles. One would hope that a paper like the Independent would avoid such manoeuvres but I guess not

Salazar

I think headlines are often the result of editors or other staff, not the writers themselves which is why one so often sees sensationalist headlines with mismatched articles. One would hope that a paper like the Independent would avoid such manoeuvres but I guess not

Giggs doing his qualifications is story enough. It's not a "clear signal" that he wants to manage United.

Let's face it: ex-United players don't set the world on fire as managers. Ole and Lolo Blanc as promising moderate exceptions. Lou Macari and Joe Jordan weren't that good. Ince is a prick, Hughes and Bruce and Keane are plodders.

Carbonox

dc starting to get a feel for Wilshere marketing before Man City's bid in the Summer.

Edit: Bild say that Dortmund want Dzeko as Lewandowski's replacement...

Salazar

United Rant ‏@unitedrant
"I think there's always a risk with Latin goalkeepers" - Paul Parker.
De Gea bashing is de jour, but now it's turned to racism has it?

Parker you total fucking berk

There's been a lot of idiotic shit said about DeGOD recently, but you just leapfrogged all of it. Mother of fucking christ.

Carbonox

Poor Curtis Good, his loan spell runs out on the 2nd of February but the COC final is on the 24th. :lol

Would be a bit harsh if Newcastle don't let Bradford keep him on loan for at least the final.

Carbonox

Newcastle United favourites to sign Ricky van Wolfswinkel.

wat

Cisse, Gouffran, van Wolfswinkel and SHOLA. Though I'm sure Gouffran will be played as a winger instead.

However, I very much doubt we will really try and bid for van Wolfswinkel. Seems overkill even despite our French splurge this transfer window. PLUS HE IS NOT FRENCH SO IS OUT OF PLACE.

Top Bottom