• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT12| Kicked the Ballboy Like Stan Hit Ulrika

Klopp on next season:
"I'll become Guardiola's Mourinho"
"But I believe I'll get along very well with Josep. Just like I do with Mourinho."

I wish someone would have recorded that scene when Mourinho arrived at the Westfalenstadion last year. German TV only showed a short clip and I think hardly anyone saw it. Klopp and Mou were greeting and hugging like they've known each other for years :D

Salazar

Smalling would be good. Need someone to head it away often and with some distance, I imagine.

I can't pretend I've paid much attention to Southampton. They're around Newcastle in the table, though, so we should be looking to clout them quite hard.

Tuttosport: Marotta Time is coming. According to them, on 31st January we'll see a new signing, and this is because Marotta always signed somebody on the last day of the transfer window: Rinaudo (31st Aug. 2010), Matri (31st Jan. 2011), Elia (31st Aug. 2011), Padoin (31st Jan. 2011) and Bentner (31st Aug. 2011).

I actually laughed. I had to. Marotta Time is something so beautiful that should be engraved somewhere.
Emanuelson said:
It's true. I'm going to Fulham on loan for the rest of the season. I lost my place in the starting line-up at Milan, and the last few months have been very difficult for me. It's important for a player at my age to play regularly. Martin Jol and I worked very well together at Ajax. I'm happy that he wants to give me another opportunity, he has always had a lot of faith in me.

I'm gonna miss him but he's right, he was on the bench almost every time, so it's a logical choice.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Tuttosport: Marotta Time is coming.

Rinaudo (31st Aug. 2010)

Matri (31st Jan. 2011)

Elia (31st Aug. 2011)

Padoin (31st Jan. 2011)

Bentner (31st Aug. 2011).

That can't be good.
iboCBCquZHUWH0.gif

Salazar

Rob Adam Evans ‏@RobAdamEvans
@tancredipalmeri I want to be a football agent for South Americans. Wanna do Spanish and Portuguese at uni! Any advice?

Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri
@RobAdamEvans advise for what? Watch as much minor football as you can, in England they don't have many scouts on that

lols

a) I wanna be a football agent for South Americans
b) asking Tancredickhead for advice
c) Tancredickhead's response lololol

Salazar

Man, Vijay Singh is pretty dumb

The Fijian will still play in this week's Waste Management Open lol, what the fuck in Phoenix, but Tour vice-president Ty Votaw has said they will investigate the claims made in an article which appeared in Sports Illustrated.

"As we have just been made aware of the report we have not had a chance to review it in depth, but we will be looking into it," Votaw told USA Today Sports.

The article quotes former world No 1 Singh as saying he used the spray "every couple of hours...every day" and was "looking forward to some change in my body".

The deer antler spray contains IGF-1, which SI describes as a "natural, anabolic hormone that stimulates muscle growth."

The guy who manufactures the shit, lol

"We have deer that we harvest out of New Zealand," Key said. "Their antlers are the fastest-growing substance on planet Earth . . . because of the high concentration of IGF-1. We've been able to freeze dry that out, extract it, put it in a sublingual spray that you shake for 20 seconds and then spray three [times] under your tongue. . . . This stuff has been around for almost 1,000 years, this is stuff from the Chinese."

Not surprised Jack Butland rejected us. I do think we'll go back for him though, and I also think that we should offer him first team football. Cech has had a few injuries this season, and he has a bad elbow, playing every 3 days is not good for him when he has that issue (its a growth or something) so signing Jack and actually giving him some games will make a lot of sense, takes some of the burden off Cech and could see us have (another) good young keeper coming through.

They want to do the surgery for Cech in the summer and he'll be out for a couple of months or so but if hes going to be injured on and off for now then perhaps they'd be better off getting it out of the way now.

Turnbull has consistently proven he's not good enough, everytime someone passes the ball back to him hes nervous and usually hits it somewhere undesirable (even if its not directly to an opponent) and Hilario is a bit old imo.

But unfortunately I don't think the club are smart enough to do something like that and we won't get him.

3Sixty

Not surprised Jack Butland rejected us. I do think we'll go back for him though, and I also think that we should offer him first team football. Cech has had a few injuries this season, and he has a bad elbow, playing every 3 days is not good for him when he has that issue (its a growth or something) so signing Jack and actually giving him some games will make a lot of sense, takes some of the burden off Cech and could see us have (another) good young keeper coming through.

They want to do the surgery for Cech in the summer and he'll be out for a couple of months or so but if hes going to be injured on and off for now then perhaps they'd be better off getting it out of the way now.

Turnbull has consistently proven he's not good enough, everytime someone passes the ball back to him hes nervous and usually hits it somewhere undesirable (even if its not directly to an opponent) and Hilario is a bit old imo.

But unfortunately I don't think the club are smart enough to do something like that and we won't get him.

Butland is no where near good enough to start for a Prem team, especially a top 4 team.

GorillaJu

Please play Kagawa and Cleverly so Saints can just steal the ball off them over and over like they did in the first fixture. Just no last minute RVP bullshit this time.

Sky are reporting that Balotelli still hasn't left England due to some bureaucratic issues, he'll be in Milan around 4-5pm.

Why is it taking so long? D:

Troll Viva = best Viva

I think it'll be Valencia. How long do you think he'll be given to, you know, not be shit anymore?
A long time. Fergie must look his discipline and worth ethic, and he knows that when he does hit form he destroys full backs alone.

Would be interesting to see if he lines up against Madrid though, he'll work hard but when he plays shit against the better sides he invites pressure cos he just gives the ball away so easily.

4 man midfield with Welberg and Kagawa in the wide positions?

We can only dream.
The alternative is Nani and Valencia.

It's not like Will.i.am has made any good music
He has.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Sky are reporting that Balotelli still hasn't left England due to some bureaucratic issues, he'll be in Milan around 4-5pm.

Why is it taking so long? D:

He wanted to get in one last round of darts with the youth players.

K1LLER7

Young is injured isn't he.

Valencia most likely, didn't start at the weekend.

Obv it'll be a 4 man midfield. Saints aren't no threat for us to go to 5.
Forgot about Youngs injury :(

Not a fan of playing Welbeck on the wing. With both him and Kagawa on the wings, they both seem to cut into the middle too often and we don't really have that width which Nani or Valencia would offer. The main wide play then comes from Evra or Rafael. Bit similar to City when they play Nasri and Silva wide.

Top Bottom