• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT12| Kicked the Ballboy Like Stan Hit Ulrika

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Amauri - Iaquinta

Jorge Andres Martinez(?) - Fry8 - Aquiloani - Krasic

Fabio Grosso/Armand Traoré (Yes, really) - Good player - Bonucci (he was shit) - Marco Motta

Storari.

Serie C2 team.

Will they be able to handle the intimidating Old Trafford atmosphere though?
Funny you should mention that cos Shinji's been saying how "amazed" he is by the atmosphere.

He probably can't believe how quiet 80k people can be seeing as he's used to:

Suedtribuene_lb.jpg

arkon

Ronaldo and Heinze were the only decent ones and they were pretty unproven at the time.

Edit: And I suppose Howard wasn't so bad.

I remember Howard looking good for United for a while and then he seemed to fall apart after the Porto game at Old Trafford in the CL.

Does it really matter when you have more draws than wins though?

Yeah. Look at Tottenham, Lost twice as many games and are 3 points clear.

everyone unemployed

See, that's exactly the problem. Why is that bad? Look how much better the atmosphere gets when the prices rise. You're right, it doesn't.

It's Football and not a fucking opera where you go and watch for 90 minutes in silence while drinking your 500$ champagne.

GQman2121

Banned
Samba's deal apparently has a release clause which is triggered if they are relegated. He's also likely taking a small paycut by returning to England in wages and tax.

I've always liked him, but it does seem odd that he would be willing to join a club in last place. His family is still in England, so I suppose it makes sense.

I remember Howard looking good for United for a while and then he seemed to fall apart after the Porto game at Old Trafford in the CL.

Yeah. Look at Tottenham, Lost twice as many games and are 3 points clear.

We have lost far too many this season, I'm amazed we are still holding 4th place. Really can't see us winning tonight, Houghton seems to have the better of us :(

Labadal

Before the window closes, I expect Shaw, Coutinho and Fat Ronaldo deals to be done.

Me and my brother are on edge. He's an Arsenal fan and I'm a Liverpool fan. We do agree on one thing. We'll both be crying a lot or laughing a lot, considering the defences we've got.

Hixx

Sunderland apparently bid 6 mil for Andreas Cornelius. Fuck off.

Doubt it's true... website it originated from is called "The Football Magazine". Never heard of it.

Plus he's in America, be cutting it fine to get here, have a medical and sort contract out even if it was true.

Salvadora

Before the window closes, I expect Shaw, Coutinho and Fat Ronaldo deals to be done.

Me and my brother are on edge. He's an Arsenal fan and I'm a Liverpool fan. We do agree on one thing. We'll both be crying a lot or laughing a lot, considering the defences we've got.
Liverpool already have Sturridge and Coutinho! Arsenal will end up with less than we started the window with! I'm already in mourning :(

'Wenger: I'm not spending to please the fans'

'If I bring a normal player in, I give the club a problem.

'It is for four years and I am stopping the young players to give him a chance. The second thing is even more damaging because we have two or three young players with a good chance to play for us.'

Wish he had employed that policy before buying players like Gervinho and Giroud. But it's the last part that gets me, he isn't even giving young players a chance when he constantly bigs up and always plays old players like Arteta and Sagna who have been beyond average this season.

I should be used to Arsene's bs by now, but this season in particular he has really annoyed me with his delusional statements and constant flip flopping.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
So Fulham have bid £5m for Huddlestone. If we can get somebody in I say take it, I'd honestly rather see Tom Carroll play more regularly than see Huddlefro farting around. I still like him and don't mind keeping him but he needs to play every week to get back in the groove after almost 2 seasons disrupted by injury. Maybe a loan would be a good idea.

Daily QPR lols:

The Brazilian goalkeeper was so happy with his performance that he milked the crowd at the final whistle and then made his way off the pitch, where he found the rest of his team had formed a guard of honour.

Cesar, completely unaware that it was actually for the leaving Ryan Nelsen, thought it was for him and began to walk down it before a member of QPR's backroom staff pushed him to the side.

Wind your fucking neck in, son.

Arnie

The Great Shark Hunt ? Fucking stunning book.

Fear and loathing on the Campaign Trail in '72. Is that the one? Was either that or Las Vegas, and I've seen the film/prefer the subject matter in the other.

Just scored a last minute winner in the rain to win 6-5 after being 4-1 down. Genuinely. Best feeling ever. Even better was it was from a corner that they were literally stood on, we didn't even have a yard, our player, the taker, just lashes it, deflection, spills out, I hit it, double deflection (was always on target, claiming) and it spins in. Then they claim they'd stopped playing because of the clock but nobody had and the guy blew the whistle about 30 seconds after the goal went in.

The official just shut them down, told them to play to the whistle, and nob off.

Doubt it's true... website it originated from is called "The Football Magazine". Never heard of it.

Plus he's in America, be cutting it fine to get here, have a medical and sort contract out even if it was true.

Also hope it isn't true, but him being in the US isn't really a problem, could easily get a medical there like Luiz did with Chelsea.

Top Bottom