• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT12| Kicked the Ballboy Like Stan Hit Ulrika

Liverpool already have Sturridge and Coutinho! Arsenal will end up with less than we started the window with! I'm already in mourning :(

You've just got to laugh, I've still got some small ounce of hope that he'll get a replacement for Song. Knowing him tho he'll probably just promote Chucks Aneke to the first team.

So Fulham have bid £5m for Huddlestone. If we can get somebody in I say take it, I'd honestly rather see Tom Carroll play more regularly than see Huddlefro farting around. I still like him and don't mind keeping him but he needs to play every week to get back in the groove after almost 2 seasons disrupted by injury. Maybe a loan would be a good idea.

Daily QPR lols:

Wind your fucking neck in, son.

Fucking brilliant haha, I expected that on Fifa last night but no one gave it to me.

I said on a Spurs forum, £5m for Huddlestone would be fantastic, buy Diame for £3.5m and the £1.5m then covers Holtby. Two midfielders for one without any outlay. SHOULD mean we have a little bit to spend on a striker...but I'm hearing Callejon loan is about all we can hope for now?

Hixx

Looks like Everton couldn't find that last tenner in the office armchair. Confirmed they've pulled out of Fer deal.

Salvadora

You've just got to laugh, I've still got some small ounce of hope that he'll get a replacement for Song. Knowing him tho he'll probably just promote Chucks Aneke to the first team.

No doubt he'll trot out the old "DMs don't exist in the modern game" line. It makes me want to weep. No-one is expecting miracles but it seems like everyone at the club is oblivious to our squad problems.

pulga

Banned
I hope Honduras beats the us next week

At least, we can agree on that

I should go home

I wish, doubt it, though. We've the shittiest squad of players I've seen so far in my life. I miss Pavon, Amado Guevara, Rambo de Leon, Suazo, Wilson Palacios etc ;_;

Tuttosport: Marotta Time is coming. According to them, on 31st January we'll see a new signing, and this is because Marotta always signed somebody on the last day of the transfer window: Rinaudo (31st Aug. 2010), Matri (31st Jan. 2011), Elia (31st Aug. 2011), Padoin (31st Jan. 2011) and Bentner (31st Aug. 2011).

I actually laughed. I had to. Marotta Time is something so beautiful that should be engraved somewhere.

oh fuck no

Wait..could it just be Anelka? We haven't officially signed him yet, have we?

Amauri - Iaquinta

Jorge Andres Martinez(?) - Fry8 - Aquiloani - Krasic

Fabio Grosso/Armand Traoré (Yes, really) - Good player - Bonucci (he was shit) - Marco Motta

Storari.

Serie C2 team.

Fuck, please don't remind me. I remember this Juve mate at the univeristy cumming buckets over Krasic. Got me caught up in the hype, and we all know how that ended :(

El Clásico

el-clasico1.jpg

I just hope they don't messi with us that bad (GET IT HUH).

Please don't be a bloodbath, please.

We are already dead.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Bryan Swanson ‏@skysports_bryan
Everton confirm that £8.5m deal to sign Leroy Fer from FC Twente is off.

Lolerton.

I don't buy that it was for financial reasons, not solely. I read that Fer has a Ba-style injury that requires managing and Everton tried to restructure the deal as a result of his medical. Twente don't like the new terms and the deal has hit the buffers. I'm glad because he would have seriously strengthened them.

Looks like Everton couldn't find that last tenner in the office armchair. Confirmed they've pulled out of Fer deal.

Cunts, this means Twente won't use all their Everton money on Claudemir who has become too busy going to tequila bars every fucking night (seriously, if you got to a specific tequila bar here you will with certainly find him most week days), fucking Brazilian footballers lol. Will never forget his goal against Barca but ever since that he has just not bothered... and he's only like 24, but obviously realized he peaked.

Meier

Apparently a problem with Fers knee in the medical that has caused concern?

That is the word from the Everton camp I believe. Twente are saying Everton wanted to do goofy things with the payment though and they wouldn't accept that (probably more realistic).

arkon

I still think not losing gives you a bit if a confidence specially later stage of the season.

I suppose that depends on the nature of the victories as well. If it's United-like turning draws into wins with late wiiners, I'd imagine it'd give you a lot of belief that no matter how shit the situation seems you can still pull off a good result.

faridmon

Still time for 'Arry to get him yet.

I will love him more than ever if he pulls something like that, again.

I suppose that depends on the nature of the victories as well. If it's United-like turning draws into wins with late wiiners, I'd imagine it'd give you a lot of belief that no matter how shit the situation seems you can still pull off a good result.
True, but again, the form this season have been an anomaly so I am more positive about those draws than any other teams fans as we tend to lose the games we drew so far this season.

faridmon

I was surprised Everton made an £8.5m bid in the first place to be honest.

I think the club fucked it up, because they wanted to haggle the price based on his fitness. Guess that didn't go well.

Also, Twente seems to reluctant in releasing him in the first place

That is the word from the Everton camp I believe. Twente are saying Everton wanted to do goofy things with the payment though and they wouldn't accept that (probably more realistic).

Aye, we seem to have overestimated our power of persuasion in this case. Arrogant Everton is the worst Everton

If Everton have the money to spend that much then I wouldn't be surprised if they went for someone else. They were linked with Capoue earlier in the window (although I think he was seen as more of a Fellaini replacement).

Yen

I think the club fucked it up, because they wanted to haggle the price based on his fitness. Guess that didn't go well.

Also, Twente seems to reluctant in releasing him in the first place

Aye, we seem to have overestimated our power of persuasion in this case. Arrogant Everton is the worst Everton
:lol

Hixx

So apparently we are shifting our Invest in Africa sponsorship to one of the companies who signed up for the initiative. Rumours are it's either Vodacom or MTN.

The club did say they were making some big announcements this week but the first turned out to be a twitter competition so...

edit: we are also going on a pre-season tour to South Africa which is where I believe Vodacom are based?

No doubt he'll trot out the old "DMs don't exist in the modern game" line. It makes me want to weep. No-one is expecting miracles but it seems like everyone at the club is oblivious to our squad problems.

Seeing how according to Vertonghen Arsenal tried to buy him to play as DM they know where the squad has problems. But it's just that the club is run by some of the most deluded(Wenger) incompetent morons in the game. The one plus side is that we have no serious injury so far this year, if they don't buy anyone this transfer window and we fail to make it into CL Wenger and co will have no one else to blame. Optimistically someone will have to take the fall.

pulga

Banned
Madrid lineup I want:

-------Diego Lopez
Arbeloa, Varane, Carvalho, Marcelo
-------Alonso, Khedira
-----Benzema, Ozil, CR7
-----------Higuain

What we'll get:

-------------Adan
Essien, Varane, Carvalho, Arbeloa
-------Alonso, Khedira
------Ozil, Modric, CR7
----------Benzema

I feel like a dirty United fan.

faridmon

If Everton have the money to spend that much then I wouldn't be surprised if they went for someone else. They were linked with Capoue earlier in the window (although I think he was seen as more of a Fellaini replacement).

Apparently we are going after Alan Myers as well as
Kevin Strootman

faridmon

I am so pissed of right now, If we were going to engineer a fake transfer, why couldn't it be a really big one.

"EFC confirms that the 75 million Messi transfer is off, on account of Messi's medical revealing that he is really short."

Hixx

Shiiiiit there's a Clasico and ArsevLiv on tv tonight?

Arse v Liv has the potential for many laughs but the Clasico bullshit in here is waaaaay too entertaining to miss out on.

Arnie

Everton's misery is going to be confounded by the Coutinho official announcement any minute now. It's majestic.

if Jordan Henderson scores tonight the world may as well end, for me. Been a gooood day.

Edit: ooooooui

ayrecoutinho263_51093021d37ff677820312.jpg

He's here :D

Balotelli: "I had wanted to play for Milan for such a long time. It was impossible for me not to come here. Now I had the possibility to join Milan and I took it immediately. If the fans have a song for me? It's enough that they care about me and like me. I'm happy to be here at Milan. I didn't have a good start to the season with City, and I hope to do well here at Milan. I've made some important choices and I hope that they will turn out to be good for both me and Milan."

What kind of wages do Everton pay for them to be so brizzle broke?
They are a club stuck in the mud.

Their problem is that the infrastructure at the club does not match the clubs ability/potential.

They have players who can play for better teams who pay more money, to keep those players they pay them reasonably well. Nothing insane but well enough to keep them.

The major problem is that their revenue is not big enough to support this. Their wage/turnover ratio is around 70% I think, pretty high. The revenue stream is not growing either.

The club needs investment so that revenue can increase and they can afford their wages without using up almost all of their budget. If they stop paying their players more than they perhaps should - they lose the players and slip down the table.

Galliani: "Balotelli? It's a dream come true. Everyone wanted him to come here - first and foremost Silvio Berlusconi. We have worked a lot on this deal and Mario has been in our hearts for a long time. We finally managed to sign him."

Oh my lol. Berlusconi said ten days ago that Balotelli is a rotten apple and that he wouldn't fit at all with our players.

Top Bottom