• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT12| Kicked the Ballboy Like Stan Hit Ulrika

Nyx

Sometimes I love social media.

Some poor kid was attacked by 8(!) losers who kept on kicking and hitting even when the kid was down on the ground, for no reason at all.

Luckily cameras filmed it all, and yesterday there was an official police-announcement about it, looking for witnesses or people who know the attackers.

Within 24 hours, 6 out of 8 have been named and shamed by people on the interwebz.

bjaelke

Poor Montpellier, first Giroud, then Mbiwa and now Belhanda. Montpellier have confirmed that they've accepted a 14m bid from Inter Milan for the player.

Tom Williams ‏@tomwfootball
L'Equipe reporting that Montpellier coach Rene Girard, annoyed by the sale of Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa, will leave the club in June.

qindarka

Banned
Surprised that he would be so hostile right from the off. Should at least secure his member status first and take some time to get to know the United fans.

Looks like Diame's off - he's apparently going to report us to the FA because we haven't allowed him to talk to other clubs, when the clause in his contract states he can talk to other clubs when they make an offer of 3.5m or more. There's interest, but no one's made an offer yet, so I don't know why he's getting his knickers in a twist. Personally, I'd rather we just sell the want away cunt and try and get someone in who might actually give a shit about playing for us.

Similarly, Diarra is complaining that we 'lied' to him when we brought him to the club over the summer, because presumably he'd been promised a greater role in the team than he's been able to achieve thus far. Now who's fault is that? Cunt. Sick of these overpaid, overpriced foreign mercenaries using us as a shop window.

Wilbur

Banned
Surprised that he would be so hostile right from the off. Should at least secure his member status first and take some time to get to know the United fans.

I get what you mean, but I don't really care if he's a junior or not; I hate the people that pick on other posters just because they're juniors, it's just dumb.

What is stupid is his whining about matchfixing and corrupt Fergie.

Carbonox

Tom Williams ‏@tomwfootball
L'Equipe reporting that Montpellier coach Rene Girard, annoyed by the sale of Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa, will leave the club in June.

Now that as well. Poor club. Was always gonna happen though. They were never gonna replicate last season due to the size and financial power (or lack of) of the club. Plus their success last season only backed up all of this by essentially turning them in to a shop window.

Happy new signing day!

Now lets sort out Sissoko and a striker

Pretty sure that striker will be van Wolfswinkel.

qindarka

Banned
I get what you mean, but I don't really care if he's a junior or not; I hate the people that pick on other posters just because they're juniors, it's just dumb.

What is stupid is his whining about matchfixing and corrupt Fergie.

I brought up his junior status because as mentioned by others earlier, he is liable to get permabanned if he carries on like this.

Edit: Probably shouldn't be saying this. Think you got me first time just fine.

Carbonox

Media having a field day with cartoons on Newcastle.

xSfdgxc.jpg

Allez le TOON!

Kyoufu

Now that as well. Poor club. Was always gonna happen though. They were never gonna replicate last season due to the size and financial power (or lack of) of the club. Plus their success last season only backed up all of this by essentially turning them in to a shop window.

RIP Montpellier.

Their players got boo'd hard at the Euros. lol

3Sixty

David Anderson ‏@MirrorAnderson
Southampton are trying to nick Coutinho from under Liverpool's noses. They will pay £10m. Liverpool £8m.

We are QPR to Liverpool's Newcastle

Southampton are trying to nick Coutinho from under Liverpool's noses. They will pay £10m. Liverpool £8m.

Liverpool getting gazumped by Southampton would make my January. No doubt they never wanted him anyway.

Wes

venison crêpe

Surely Liverpool were the ones doing any nicking as Southampton made the first bid about a week ago.

I can´t find a single Portuguese site saying that Sporting has accepted a bid for Wolfswinkel. I have no doubt we would sell him on the spot if someone came up with 12 million € but I hope that doesn´t happen. Selling our only striker is suicide but our president seems determined to do as much damage as possible before he leaves the club.

Nice. Should get him based on his name IMO. I'll be surprised if Ashley spends another 10 mil this window though. I don't think we'll even go in for him :(

Kyoufu

I can´t find a single Portuguese site saying that Sporting has accepted a bid for Wolfswinkel. I have no doubt we would sell him on the spot if someone came up with 12 million € but I hope that doesn´t happen. Selling our only striker is suicide but our president seems determined to do as much damage as possible before he leaves the club.

Only a week to go in the window. I can't see it happening.

Is he good?

Nice. Should get him based on his name IMO. I'll be surprised if Ashley spends another 10 mil this window though. I don't think we'll even go in for him :(

We still have the De Jong Bros. / Remy money to blow on a forward.

I remember reading that you guys turned down an 18 million bid for him from CSKA in the summer. This season really does seem like a complete nightmare for Sporting.

Carbonox

Nah he's not French or playing in ligue 1. You could go for aliadiere though

I was thinking along the lines of N'Gog.

Seriously, who came up with these rumours? No way on earth were N'Gog and Aliadiere ever even remotely hinted at by Newcastle, nor would they even be stupid enough to sign such horrendous footballers.

Obertan/Williamson not included

"We never wanted him anyway" worked with Ramirez and Forren.

I genuinely think all of our Ramirez interest was agent rubbish. Those rumours went on for about 3 transfer windows, and nothing solid ever came out of them. And lets be honest, why would you rather move to Southampton than Liverpool? With the likes of Spurs, fair enough, its annoying losing out on players because you know that we'd have had a better chance if we were still a superior team. But I'm not gonna get my panties in a twist because a player moves to a newly promoted team when we were supposedly in for him, as it reflects on the player/media rather than us. Unless its backed up by sound reasoning, like game time.

That's why I didn't take the piss when Remy moved to QPR. Just showed how much of a knobend he is, rather than Newcastle imo

Salazar

Boy gon smite. ZahALLAH will lead assists next season and Arnie will cry himself to a fitful rest.

You have a point, hitcher. Moving to QPR does reflect badly on anyone.

Top Bottom