• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT12| Kicked the Ballboy Like Stan Hit Ulrika

GorillaJu

Don't think Liverpool was ever interested in Ramirez. Absolutely nothing came from any reliable source about that one: Tony Barrett, Rory Smith, Oliver Kay, etc. Nothing.

Coutinho is a different story. If we let Southampton outbid us, then oh well? But I don't think we will.

Feorax

Seeing reports Inter have had a bid accepted for Belhanda. Good signing for them, could be an excellent replacement or Sneijder/Coutinho.

Only a week to go in the window. I can't see it happening.

Is he good?

In my opinion, he is very good. He gets a lot of shit from the press here because Sporting isn´t scoring a lot but he scored 25 goals in his first season and he already has 11 in what is the worst season ever for Sporting. He just needs to boost his confidence a bit, he has quality, his off the ball movement is excellent and he is still young.

Slizz

by52k9q.png

In my opinion, he is very good. He gets a lot of shit from the press here because Sporting isn´t scoring a lot but he scored 25 goals in his first season and he already has 11 in what is the worst season ever for Sporting. He just needs to boost his confidence a bit, he has quality, his off the ball movement is excellent and he is still young.

Plus, his name is van Wolfswinkel. That's worth £10m alone :D

Arnie

We were never interested in Ramirez.

His agent was shopping him around vociferously and using the Uruguayan link to create a non-story in the Italian press.

Just like the Suarez to Bayern story is nonsense centred around Pep's brother and Suarez having the same agent.

It's lazy journalism and hence why it doesn't come from the very best, and only reliable sources.

Zaha will flop for three years and move on. United fans will scream from the rooftops when he skins a lad on his debut, but lambast him relentlessly from about six months in when they realise he's too rough for their OCD polish expectations.

Standard sold Pocognoli, their best defender, to Hannover for €1.5M, ridiculously low price for a 25 years old Belgian international. Probably makes sense for the new owner. Since he took over, he's made sure to sell the club best players and replaced them with random kids.

Kensuke Nagai is having a medical in Liège apparently, 23 years old striker from Nagoya Grampus. He looked decent enough during the olympic tournament but who cares anyway? He'll help selling shirts and that's what matters right.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Juve press conference in 10 minutes. I'm sure it's about Buffon's contract.
Alright, pics time! :D

Right outside the Juventus Stadium (and a random one inside):

Warm-up:

The waving flag thing I was talking about yesterday:

Took a pic just before Peluso scored, I actually didn't see the goal:

And, of course, this:

I also have around 60 more pics, but I guess these were the most "important". It wasn't sold out so we were pretty comfortable, but being in the Curva meant that we had to stand up the whole match and sit down only at HT.
Oh and there were some racial slurs, one against Cavanda (the "usual" monkey-like uh-uh-uh) and one against Naples. Idiots.

Anyway, the Stadium is amazing. It's really well built, didn't expected to be so good. If I ever have the chance, I'll invite Juve-GAF to see a match there, I'll pay for everything, you guys really, really have to see it. I'll be back there in spring to watch a Sunday afternoon game so that I can actually see the rest of the thing, like the Museum and everything else.

This is fantastic!
3AQmK.gif
3AQmK.gif
3AQmK.gif
3AQmK.gif
I'm glad you had fun man!
and I'm glad you lived to tell the tale

Yeah our ultras are the dumbest fucks around, but that aside, they're usually pretty cool.

ShogunX

Don't think Liverpool was ever interested in Ramirez. Absolutely nothing came from any reliable source about that one: Tony Barrett, Rory Smith, Oliver Kay, etc. Nothing.

Coutinho is a different story. If we let Southampton outbid us, then oh well? But I don't think we will.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Southampton move for Coutinho purely because the new manager has gotten the best out of the lad before whilst both at Espanyol.

All of this ''I hope LFC miss out on him lol'' stuff works both ways. Players instantly become twice as good and value for money because we missed out. Goes for our own fan base as well as the telly clappers.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Southampton move for Coutinho purely because the new manager has gotten the best out of the lad before whilst both at Espanyol.

All of this ''I hope LFC miss out on him lol'' stuff works both ways. Players instantly become twice as good and value for money because we missed out. Goes for our own fan base as well as the telly clappers.

Yep. Like when Luke Young turned us down because he wanted to play football. Reflected well on him, and didn't reflect badly on us, but that didn't stop a gang of morons from spewing their bollocks as per

ShogunX

Don't feel too bad guys you got Sturridge who reckons you're the countries most humongous club.

Nothing to feel bad about in regards to transfers. If we only sign Sturridge then it's been a decent window as far as I'm concerned. Be nice to add one or two to the squad but the priority was another striker and that seems sorted.

We were never interested in Ramirez.

His agent was shopping him around vociferously and using the Uruguayan link to create a non-story in the Italian press.

Not as interesting as him supposedly snubbing Spurs and Liverpool to sign for the Saints though is it?

Had the lad shone in the Olympics it might of been a different story.

Speaking of which, we're getting many offers for our fringe players but Conte is refusing to sell (or even loan) anyone in January.

I guess he wants everyone to feel important/trusted?

He's just afraid to let them leave and have them reveal Juventus' match fixing ways.

ShogunX

Nope. Morgan out on loan is the only move out so far I think, and I doubt he'd have played at all. We should be looking to offload Pacheco, unfortunately. Think we've let him down over the last 4 years

edit: Ha, forgot about Cole.

The problem with Pacheco is that he's failed to take a couple of opportunities when he really should of pushed on. The loan to Rayo should of seen him establish himself as a first team player but instead he sat on the bench.

Joe Cole was released though wasn't he, and paid a few million to go on his way.

I'm surprised Arsenal and Spurs are not spending money. Both had negative net spends in the summer and they're still hesitant. Surprising. I can see that January isn't the best time to buy players but Spurs could sure up their chances of 4th place and Arsenal really need to get some players in right now.

Liverpool have spent a fair bit this season already, must be about £35m so I suppose they will be happy with Sturridge and maybe push for one more at most. £35m is alot of money to spend in a season and not really see much improvements. Obv. the job Rodgers is doing is a long term one, complete restructuring of the squad and a whole new style of football but when I hear Liverpool fans say FSG have not got enough ambition, I think they've sanctioned a fair bit of spending already. The wage bill has been cut I suppose but they've just given Joe Cole £3m to leave early and Daglish must have had a reasonable pay off too. Plus all the new contracts handed out.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Official: Buffon has extended his contract with Juventus for two more years, and reduced his salary by 2m.

I LOVE YOU GIGI

Sviatoslav said:
He's just afraid to let them leave and have them reveal Juventus' match fixing ways.

Valid theory. But we need to step up our match fixing, we dropped too many points lately.
iboCBCquZHUWH0.gif

The problem with Pacheco is that he's failed to take a couple of opportunities when he really should of pushed on. The loan to Rayo should of seen him establish himself as a first team player but instead he sat on the bench.

Its the fault of the club and Dani imo

He reached the Sterling level, and was left in the reserves for a year or two too long, and then sent on loan. Players with qualitied like him, and at that age, need to have their game time managed. He was too young to be played every week, and too inexperienced to be trusted when the team was in trouble. We should have played him in every Carling Cup match, and had him on the bench. It wasn't enough to just play him twice a season and expect him to play well, even if he should have played better in those few appearances. He's still far too good for the reserves

Lightning

Banned
This Allardyce is a fuckwit. How about he shut up about Wenger, talk less about our issues, and focus on improving the fortunes of his own pathetic team.

sohois

He reached the Sterling level, and was left in the reserves for a year or two too long, and then sent on loan. Players with qualitied like him, and at that age, need to have their game time managed. He was too young to be played every week, and too inexperienced to be trusted when the team was in trouble. We should have played him in every Carling Cup match, and had him on the bench. It wasn't enough to just play him twice a season and expect him to play well, even if he should have played better in those few appearances. He's still far too good for the reserves

What should've been his breakout season was also the arrival of Hodgson, which doomed that chance from the off. When Dalglish arrived I recall he spoke of Pacheco in the same sentences as Kelly, but whilst Kelly was thrown straight into the team, Pacheco never really got a chance until a short loan to Norwich. He was quite impressive there and Lambert was supposedly a fan, but what happened next killed his chances completely. Rather than being sent back to Norwich as would have been sensible, he was given a bizarre loan within a loan to Ath. Madrid who then loaned him to Rayo. I still have no idea what the purpose of this move was.

Anyway, he has been completely dominant in the reserves this season as you remarked, but apparently Brendan has not wanted to give him any chances for some reason. Its a shame really. I think if Benitez had remained then Pacheco would be a first teamer by now.

ShogunX

What should've been his breakout season was also the arrival of Hodgson, which doomed that chance from the off. When Dalglish arrived I recall he spoke of Pacheco in the same sentences as Kelly, but whilst Kelly was thrown straight into the team, Pacheco never really got a chance until a short loan to Norwich. He was quite impressive there and Lambert was supposedly a fan, but what happened next killed his chances completely. Rather than being sent back to Norwich as would have been sensible, he was given a bizarre loan within a loan to Ath. Madrid who then loaned him to Rayo. I still have no idea what the purpose of this move was.

Anyway, he has been completely dominant in the reserves this season as you remarked, but apparently Brendan has not wanted to give him any chances for some reason. Its a shame really. I think if Benitez had remained then Pacheco would be a first teamer by now.

Well this is the big problem. We dont get to see what happens day to day in training sessions at the club so I find it pretty telling that multiple managers have now overlooked Pacheco. It's a shame because he should of pushed on and became a quality player but it just hasn't quite happened.

They can't afford to sack him. Wasted money.

Can't afford to keep him either if he can't set the team up properly to avoid relegation. Do teams like Villa get a parachute payment, when they should have the finances and infrastructure to cope with relegation?

edit:Might play Dark Souls offline. About to do a level runthrough with a black phantom, a strong enemy and a boss. Could do without being invaded until that's done

Wes

venison crêpe
Can't afford to keep him either if he can't set the team up properly to avoid relegation.

No other manager is going to save us with our quality of squad.

Do teams like Villa get a parachute payment, when they should have the finances and infrastructure to cope with relegation?

Of course they do. I would think Newcastle get more annual revenue than us, you think they didn't get it either?

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Wind Waker HD is going to be so good.

Please jebus let the main Wii U title use that art style.

Top Bottom