• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT12| Kicked the Ballboy Like Stan Hit Ulrika

xintin

I blame the loss on GQman's Baltimore allegiance :(
and on our fragile team. those were two goals that never should have happened, no matter the manager

ShogunX

Barca fans are always crying.

Fuck have they got to be crying about? The best team in the world with the best player in the world, clear at the top of their league and no doubt will be in the mix for the Champions League AGAIN.

We LFC fans need to adopt the forum approach and bandwagon the fuck out of them.

Sloosha

I blame the loss on GQman's Baltimore allegiance :(
and on our fragile team. those were two goals that never should have happened, no matter the manager

Yeah. Let's go 49ers. GQman's Raven's fandom is tearing up Chelsea-gaf from the inside.

Diablos54

Fuck sakes, get Rafa out now. We're getting worse and worse and it's not going to get better anytime soon. I mean, who the fuck takes Mata off for fucking Benayoun? Why bring Ba on in the 92nd minute when we have Terry on the bench and are 2-1 up with Reading having the momentum? So fucking stupid. Get Rafa out, put ANYONE else in. Fuck it, Terry player manager, it can't get much worse than it is.

arkon

Fuck have they got to be crying about? The best team in the world with the best player in the world, clear at the top of their league and no doubt will be in the mix for the Champions League AGAIN.

We LFC fans need to adopt the forum approach and bandwagon the fuck out of them.

And they'll probabl beat madrid in the second leg anyway.

Fry

Yeah, the only fans that shouldn't complain are the Barcelona ones.

I sometimes get pissed off by United fans excessive complaints, but it's justifiable. They are on top but they don't have a top tier squad. If the PL had the same level from 4 years ago, they wouldn't be able to cope.

Keio

For a Finer World
I'm happy with the 1-1. Madrid looked dangerous too and it could've been more goals for either team with better finishing.

Returning to Camp Nou with an away goal in the bag already is a good starting position.

pulga

Banned
Lol, some Barca fans in here are getting embarrassing.

FootballFan might be a cunt sometimes
always
, but at least he's not making excuses and being salty!

pulga

Banned
I'm happy with the 1-1. Madrid looked dangerous too and it could've been more goals for either team with better finishing.

Returning to Camp Nou with an away goal in the bag already is a good starting position.

Do away goals count in Copa del Rey? Can't recall.

But if they do, it's good for us they only managed one. If we can score more than one..

Clegg

Carrick had a poor game. Ando had a shocking one.

We need more midfielders. I'd prefer Strootman but if we insist on dropping deep then Wanyama might be our man.

But either way just get one in.

Fry

I don't even read posts by Barca and Madrid fans on el classico days. It's always the same thing. They treat each other with unnecessary hatred.

pulga

Banned
get yourself a mirror pulga

lol I'm not the one making salty posts. I've praised the match as a good game that could've gone to either one of our teams. Barca dived, Madrid dived, etc etc. Who gives a shit right now, it was a very good game with next to zero controversy.

We need more midfielders. I'd prefer Strootman but if we insist on dropping deep then Wanyama might be our man.

We need both. We need Wanyama as a physical presence and somebody who can play in that Carrick role. And we need Stroot to add dynamism from midfield going forward. That is Anderson but he's way too inconsistent with it.

If we signed both we'd have a midfield set of: Carrick, Wanyama, Cleverley, Anderson, Strootman.

And then you have options like Powell who is young and maybe Fletcher. Giggs maybe twice a season. Scholes is retiring.

That would be ideal. It's attainable for £25m. Don't understand why we don't just do it.

G-Unit

lol I'm not the one making salty posts. I've praised the match as a good game that could've gone to either one of our teams. Barca dived, Madrid dived, etc etc. Who gives a shit right now, it was a very good game with next to zero controversy.

so you have never ever posted salty posts? RIGHT.

Moobabe

He might need a few depending on which team he's supporting today.

image.php

Keio

For a Finer World
Do away goals count in Copa del Rey? Can't recall.

But if they do, it's good for us they only managed one. If we can score more than one..
Yeah, it's the same as I guess in all European domestic cups.

Real Madrid need to score at least one, which they are definitely capable of doing. Still, nice to start from a slight advantage for us.

A couple of tactical observations on the game:
- Barca trying more over the top through balls than previously, worked this time as well releasing Pedro well and would've had Messi through without the (totally wrong) offside call. Interesting to see if this will work against teams parking the bus completely, as we are now inviting opposition to pressure higher up.
- The lack of natural strikers is something that I struggle with. Sure, Del Bosque was able to win the Euros by playing 4-6-0 but I would love to see Villa play more. I think today Barca could've nicked a second goal if there was a player in addition to Messi who would attack the opposition goal more.

K1LLER7

Carrick needs a rest. Think Fergie needs to give some of the players a rest.

Next game:

Rafael -- Rio -- Evans -- Buttner/Evra

----- Scholes/Giggs --- Cleverly -------

Valencia/Nani -- Rooney -- Kagawa

------------------ RVP -------------------

Top Bottom