• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT12| Kicked the Ballboy Like Stan Hit Ulrika

Randdalf

My new look FPL team after the January wildcard

new_team.png

I've basically obliterated my bench though, none of the players on it are likely to play. I've sold Lambert for Le Fondre which is probably a mistake in the long run, but it meant that I could improve my defense with Bassong and Evra.

They paid €3.3m for a 15% stake.

Probably not as straightforwards but that works out to about €22m as his total value. If they are willing to sell at €25m, I don't think that's too much for him.

After we paid 60 million for Hulk I'm fairly certain that Porto knows that they would be able to squeeze out like 40 million out of us for Moutinho. Thankfully though, I doubt we're after him and I think we're done with these retarded purchases for a couple of years at the very least.

My new look FPL team after the January wildcard

new_team.png

I've basically obliterated my bench though, none of the players on it are likely to play. I've sold Lambert for Le Fondre which is probably a mistake in the long run, but it meant that I could improve my defense with Bassong and Evra.
Holtby? How much is he? Bit of a risk IMO.

Not sure about Le Fondre or Bassong either. Would swap Baines or Evra for another reasonably good defender (Zaba, Rafael, A.Cole) and spread the money you save.

K1LLER7

Half of those were deflections and the other half were penalties.
:lol

Still had to shoot for those deflections and take those pens :p

Have to say, i've only seen that Henderson goal once and it looked great. He's come on a bit since that 20m move.

Fry

Have you caught up yet with the current episodes? The last episode was hilarious.

I'm finally ready to watch the latest episode! Been an awesome ride. I kind of wanted it to last longer, but I love it so much to save it, so I decided to watch all of it already.

Lip is my favorite character. Followed by Kev and Debbie.

Randdalf

Holtby? How much is he? Bit of a risk IMO.

Not sure about Le Fondre or Bassong either. Would swap Baines or Evra for another reasonably good defender (Zaba, Rafael, A.Cole) and spread the money you save.

Holtby is a risk, but a calculated risk. He costs 7.5m at the moment, and I expect that value to increase over time. I actually calculated the number of points he would have gotten in FPL based on his Bundesliga stats, and he'd currently have approximately 116 points with 5 less games played than in England. If you extrapolate that figure, it puts him on 146 points, which is 5 less than Mata (by far the best midfielder in FPL) and that's without any bonuses accrued. I'm assuming of course that he reaches similar levels of performance in England as he did in Germany (Schalke are 6th in the Bundesliga, so they are in a similar region to Tottenham). I was aiming to get Walcott anyway, but I'd have to sacrifice Suarez if I wanted to get him. I think Holtby for 7.5m will turn out to be a snap.

pulga

Banned
Whats this about police having to disperse fans with tear gas after they caused a ruckus outside a restaurant Balotelli was at?

Wes

venison crêpe
Some randomish predictions for tomorrow:

Crouch > QPR
Samba > QPR
Bent > Stoke
A striker > Arsenal
A striker > Spurs
A striker > Norwich
A centre back > Villa
Babelcopter > Over London

Bale goal was nice, he loves running at Norwich.

We really need 3 points at the weekend now or 4th is going to slip away slowly! Really worried about Everton :0

"Raphael, how would you like to meet Sir Bobby?"

DDR, how would you like to meet mike summerbee?

Just got back from my mates. Fuck me that second half was woeful. Apart from the couple of RVP chances it was practically all soton. Nice to see shinji styling in the first half though.

Wes

venison crêpe
Some weird rumours about Malouda coming on loan. I don't see how that's possible as I doubt we can afford even 10% of his wages.

K1LLER7

Was pouring rain on it all day before the game. United on Facebook actually made a comment about how it'd prob be shitty lol.

ah :lol

glad that there'll be a new pitch laid on in the summer. Should impress Ha-mes, Wanayams and Strootz.

^ You'll need more than 30m :p

i'd say buy a CB: Zouma, RB/LB: Izzaguire, DM: Diame

Top Bottom