• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT12| Kicked the Ballboy Like Stan Hit Ulrika

ShogunX

Ashleycopter!

aEgXrq4.png

Why do European clubs always put on stuff like this when they sign a big player. Never see it in England, well apart from when Newcastle signed Owen :lol

Marketing. Trying to get every cent possible from supporters and TVs around the globe in any way possible. Things like that help a lot, the club looks bigger and better because of those shows, which could be also used as an advertising tool when it comes to season tickets.

Wes

venison crêpe
is samba getting 100k a week true? fucking lol if so.

Honestly, I'd rather do little business for small wages than go all out like QPR. Whilst I'll always wish we had more money, what they're doing is just not worth the risk. Plus it's incredibly daft considering the size of their ground and their small turnover.

Joe

Can a savvy England'er tell me about any of these new Palermo signings:

- Mauro Boselli

- Alejandro Faurlin

- Mauro Formica

Anything I should be excited about?

madmackem

- Mauro Boselli

- Alejandro Faurlin

- Mauro Formica

Alejandro Faurlin Looked decent for qpr before getting injured i think last season.

Mauro boselli has been an epic flop for wigan they paid a massive fee for them and hes barely played.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much

- Mauro Boselli

- Alejandro Faurlin

- Mauro Formica

Not really. Faurlin is probably the best of the lot but he's had injury problems, generally all 3 are powder-puff flair players.

Wilbur

Banned
Guardian live blog of transfer deadline day is quite humorous and tongue-in-cheek. http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jan/31/transfer-window-deadline-day-live

I featured on it once, made an Andy Carroll joke.

Didn't get out until 2am last night, fuck life. I also have two cuts on my fingers and a large raised burn on my arm #yolo

Caught up with the thread though (lol Chelsea you cunts), I guess we weren't very good? Will have to watch MOTD when I get home

Mastadon

Banned
Haha:

Here's Andy West with some big news from Spain... Kaka is reported to be on the brink of joining Deportivo La Coruna on loan! Sadly, it's a different Kaka. This one is a 31-year-old defender currently with Videoton in Hungary. Depor are also borrowing Turkish international striker Batuhan Karadeniz from Besiktas.

Blablurn

Actually, I am rooting for Müller instead of Ribery. He should have made history last time round, after all.

When does the CL start again? I am so bored during the middle of the week.
thinking about the cl final depressed the shit out of me in the last hour since i wrote it. it was our title. what did we do to deserve this :(

on the other hand, if we would have won it hoeness would have kept all the money in the bank, not thinking about extending the roster or buying pep.

Ushojax

lol Andros Townsend turned up at QPR for his medical only to be told the deal was off. Good riddance, he will be useful for us covering the wide positions. We should only be giving QPR bad players.

Wilbur

Banned
Not quite a done deal, this... but it's getting very close. Leeds striker Luciano Becchio has passed a medical at Norwich and is expected to sign for the Premier League club later today.

From BBC. Good signing.

David Beckham.

How does he do it.

What a legend.

Just guaranteed money for him and the club, fucking class. Don't think he'll play much though; hope he retires in dignity.

Ushojax

Beckham has had an incredible career really, he's played for United, Madrid, Milan, Galaxy and PSG. Pretty much the top club in every league except Germany.

I love me some mocked up City jerseys. The white one in the second picture... I'd love that.

It reminds me of the France away jersey at the moment, and talking of France, hear's a pic of their new away jersey apparently which is also gorgeous!

http://www.football-shirts.co.uk/fans/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/2013FranceAway.jpg[/IMG

France do have some wonderful kit.[/QUOTE]

These are nice enough but one problem DC

The PL badges on the sleeves are the wrong colour for next season

Beckham has had an incredible career really, he's played for United, Madrid, Milan, Galaxy and PSG. Pretty much the top club in every league except Germany.
Its incredible. He's won with all of them too hasn't he? Or did he not win anything with Milan.

What a life, those clubs and cities. My hero.

Top Bottom