• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT12| Kicked the Ballboy Like Stan Hit Ulrika

The only time I've seen someone hate Beckham was during Michael Owen's (short) golden years. People were comparing always comparing both in most EPL discussions I've had.

But he aged gracefully. He was a godsend to Man Utd, Real Madrid and AC Milan at times. Man is a bonafide legend.

GorillaJu

The only time I've seen someone hate Beckham was during Michael Owen's (short) golden years. People were comparing always comparing both in most EPL discussions I've had.

But he aged gracefully. He was a godsend to Man Utd, Real Madrid and AC Milan at times. Man is a bonafide legend.

Given how different their positions and play styles are, on what grounds do people compare them? Who is the better looking of the two?

Wilbur

Banned
Given how different their positions and play styles are, on what grounds do people compare them? Who is the better looking of the two?

Beckham has legitimate claims to be the hottest man ever to exist

Owen has the look of a small choir boy who has just been punished but isn't allowed to tell anyone how and what for

Yesterday, Lewandowski's car stopped working at a traffic light in the dark, not even the warning lights were working. A brave BVB fan parked behind Lewandowski and thus saved his life in this life-threatening situation.

Today, Lewandowski will sign a new contract until 2020
No, he won't :(

GorillaJu

Beckham has legitimate claims to be the hottest man ever to exist

Owen has the look of a small choir boy who has just been punished but isn't allowed to tell anyone how and what for

As someone who has punished a few choir boys in his day, I find this description apt

Lol and no way is Beckham that hot. He's one of the best looking footballers, sure.

pappe

Beckham is back where he belongs. Playing in the Uefa Champions league. would be funny if we drew each other in the next round and after United are up 5-0. Giggs and Scholes are thrown on and Scholes takes out Beckham with his trademark tackle.

Salazar

Won our indoor comp tonight. 2-1.

They had two late equalising goals disallowed.

I felt, briefly and partially, something of what it is like to be Barcelona.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
:p

Is it a cash deal? Do we actually get money for him?

I don't think so, it sounds like a loan deal. Hopefully if we can get him, JJ and Bentley off the books today that will free up roughly 100k in wages. Enough to start making serious bids later today.

Serious bids for who? Damien Duff? Grant Holt? Phillip Neville?

Would be nice to bring someone in but I got a feeling it's just Levy trying to shift wages today....maybe ready for a summer raid >_>

madmackem

BB8AmBUCEAAE3Li.jpg

Welcome aboard danny, score a few and people will forget.

Wilbur

Banned
LOOOOOL. Fuck off Norwich. Keep buying our players.

Morison isn't a bad player to get in return though; knows the league and was successful there last time out. Definitely not an absolutely awful deal on your part.

Any talk of the fee?

It's actually likely, that at least after-tax-wise that Samba took a pay cut to come to QPR.

See Kyoufu? He's a hero. Christopher 'JC' Samba.

Samba on 100k per week...

Jesus.

Asked about his plans for the January transfer window, Redknapp said: "I don't want to spend their (the club's) money, to be honest with you.

"There are a lot of players at this club who earn far too much money for what they are; far, far, far too much money for their ability and what they give to the club.

"I don't really want to see the owners have their pants taken down like they have in the past. There's a lot of agents made money out of them.

"I fined a player last week and he was earning more than any player earned at Tottenham.

"You shouldn't be paying massive wages when you've got a stadium that holds 18,000 people.

Remember this 'Arry?

Randdalf

Interested in the reports this morning that QPR will pay Christopher Samba £100k a week. Samba will have to reassess his outgoings in London if that turns out to be the case because I've just been told that he was earning £147,000 a week after tax for Anzhi Makhachkala. Nice work, if you can get it.

Samba took a pay cut, jesus.

Kyoufu

Morison isn't a bad player to get in return though; knows the league and was successful there last time out. Definitely not an absolutely awful deal on your part.

Any talk of the fee?

See Kyoufu? He's a hero. Christopher 'JC' Samba.

Are you both high?

edit: What the fuck why was he on 147k? WHY WOULD HE GO TO QPR?!

Wilbur

Banned
You can't imitate Banned Paper, Wilbz. Nobody can.

http://i.imgur.com/sqV54yj.jpg[/IG][/QUOTE]

Saw that earlier, woke up in a haze at 5 and decided I'd check GAF, Guardian, Mail. Nothing better than the Femail section of the latter where they'll at once chastise Justin Bieber for grabbing someone's titty in an act of male braggadocio and then take fifty pictures of Tess Daly fingering herself in the privacy of her own bathroom, all the while putting the word spoiler in capitals just before announcing that Linda from Eastenders has offed herself with a giant crystallised dildo made out of the tears of Schindler's rescuees themselves.

I love Banned Paper.

Jim White is an overblown clown shoes of a cunt. People that like him and his carnival of idiocy are also irredeemable cunts.

I imagine most people love it for the comedy, rather than the hype. Transfer deadline day is hilariously bizarre, and Jim White is the ringmaster.

It was shit in the summer though when they built it up and became self-aware

Top Bottom