• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT12| Kicked the Ballboy Like Stan Hit Ulrika

Clegg

Arsenals cash balance according to Swiss Ramble.

Why don't they spend any of it?

BB7UpouCIAAmHZC.jpg:large

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Damiao, right now, isn't better than their current strikers.

I think Defoe will outscore him.

Defoe shouldn't be playing, he's injured. I'll take anybody right now, we shouldn't have to field unfit players.

Slizz

They are the COD of Football clubs.

They don't spend because they know people will keep flocking back to their next shittier than previous years release.

Then the patches during the year never really fix the bugs that were previously there, just glosses over them.

Fry

You've obviously seen more of him than I but he looked really good with the U23s. Defore is a bit shit up on his own as well, Damiao would suit it far better.

He isn't going through a good phase right now, but he might fire up in the premier league. That happens.

I'm couting on the same thing happening with Coutinho. :lol

Splatt

^^^ Yeah I really liked ME2.

Mass Effect = <333333333333333
Mass Effect 2 = <333333333
Mass Effect 3 = < I stopped playing after the first hour.

Why? It's got the best gameplay out of the three and some of the best story beats (excluding the shit ending, of course).

To give a more serious response, it's because Arsenal use their cash balance to offset their debt. I think their debt is something like £300m, maybe £250m.

They could still spend money if they really wanted to, for sure, but £150m cash in the bank is a bit misleading.

Alou Diarra has apparently been loaned to Rennes for the rest of the season with a view to buy in the summer, after only arriving at The Boleyn six months ago. Claims he was promised first team football and that we haven't met that promise, when perhaps he only has himself to blame if he was unable to break into our shit first team.

Other than Pogatez, it doesn't look like we'll be getting anyone else in this window - we desperately need a left back and another out-and-out midfielder wouldn't go amiss, plus a striker who can actually find the back of the net, but there's zero chance of that happening. I can't believe we're seriously in danger of being pulled into the relegation battle - it's becoming increasingly apparent that Big Sam doesn't have a back-up plan, and while our defence was the one high-point to the first few months of the season, now we're looking increasingly frail at the back. Also, Chamakh has looked entirely anonymous for the few games he's played so far - when a striker makes you wish Carlton Cole was on the pitch, you know he's shite.

Arnie

You're almost as big a joke as the Russian League, amirite?
I'm 5'7" so I'm substantially bigger than the Russian league.

Negredo deal branded 'impossible' by his agent, according to the Echo. Apparently Scott Parker is on their list, but it'll take a mountain of cash to make Spurs budge with Sandro out injured.

Clegg

To give a more serious response, it's because Arsenal use their cash balance to offset their debt. I think their debt is something like £300m, maybe £250m.

They could still spend money if they really wanted to, for sure, but £150m cash in the bank is a bit misleading.

It's a very shortsighted policy imo. Their debt has to be paid off but they're sliding further and further away from the top places in the PL.

It's a very shortsighted policy imo. Their debt has to be paid off but they're sliding further and further away from the top places in the PL.
Yeah it's bizarre. Way too safe. They just negotiated that new deal with Emirates and the boosted TV revenue comes in soon also.

Definitely not a policy determined by football.

spidye

mass effect 2 was awful. took everything that made mass effect unique out and made it more like a shooter with a horrible mining sequence and terminator baby.

never cared for me3

edit:god dammit. I'm always late for the discussions.

mass effect 2 was awful. took everything that made mass effect unique out and made it more like a shooter with a horrible mining sequence and terminator baby.

never cared for me3

edit:god dammit. I'm always late for the discussions.

Its certainly done an awful job of telling me why I should bother with the planet scanning so far. And the direct Normandy control looks a little silly tbh, and gains nothing for the fuel consumption/probe-buying nonsense (yes, I'm aware how silly the entre thing is)

Spurs won't get Damiao.

Levy always leaves his deals super late cos he wants to pay as little as he can.

If he doesn't get it then he just doesn't get the player.

Drives the hardest bargain possible but it's risky.

Wilbur

Banned
Just had one of those fucking games on seasons where nothing goes your way, every single bounce goes to them. Slide tackle comes off my trailing leg, bounces through another one of my defender's legs and goes straight to them and they score. Fuck this cunt game

I'm 5'7" so I'm substantially bigger than the Russian league.

Wow you really are tiny. I thought the jokes were just because you were a mental midget.
I keed, i keed. On a serious note though, Liverpool gaf is gonna get tons of pity sex from their GF's on Valentine's day after we destroy their pitiful team in St. Pete's.

Top Bottom