• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT12| Kicked the Ballboy Like Stan Hit Ulrika

Timurid

images

For now.

images

I can't wait to laugh at that flop.

Meier

FOXSoccer FOX Soccer
DONE DEAL: Manchester City sign top prospect Godsway Donyoh. The Ghana striker will be loaned to Djurgardens IF of Stockholm.

FOXSoccer FOX Soccer
UPDATE: Sky Italia says no deal for Stekelenburg for Fulham; Roma were unable to secure a replacement in time.
5 mins ago

FOXSoccer FOX Soccer
UPDATES: Sky now reports that Leandro Damiao will NOT join Spurs. Contradictory reports about the Brazilian flying about.
13 mins ago

FOXSoccer FOX Soccer
DONE DEAL: QPR miss out on Rolando; he's signed a short-term deal with Napoli.

http://i.imgur.com/N6BF3SO.png[IMG]

[I]Ha.[/I][/QUOTE]

Hah, yeah I mentioned his wiki was a mess up above. Before it said his club was Barcelona on the right while the blurb at the top said his club was Reading FC.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Who is this wanker next to Wilkins on SSN? Utter tosspot.

Anyway fuck Damiao, he's unproven and not worth the price. I'd much rather get Lopez from Lyon.

Meier

We've managed a signing, dc! Some 18 year old Ghanaian kid straight from an academy. Going on loan to Sweden immediately. :lol

Donyoh has immediately joined Djurgårdens IF on loan for the rest of 2013, continuing the relationship between City and the Stockholm club.

Godsway has been training with the Swedish side’s first-team and it’s now been confirmed that the decision has been taken for the 18-year old forward to continue his footballing education in the Allsvenskan league.

Timurid

Toro are going to signed our 3rd Belgian, Nathan Kabasele. TOO OP!!

He is a striker from Anderlecht and he is 19 years old. Supposedly this kid has a bright future, some people are making comparisons to Cr7.

Also, it looks like Bianchi is not getting his contract renewed and will be released in the summer.

On the PSG front! Besides beckham nothing.
We loaned out Bodmer to St-Etienne and Rabiot to Toulouse.

So we are pretty much fucked in the midfield. We only have Matuidi who can provide a defensive cover in our midfield. :(

confuziz

Banned

He is a striker from Anderlecht and he is 19 years old. Supposedly this kid has a bright future, some people are making comparisons to Cr7.

Also, it looks like Bianchi is not getting his contract renewed and will be released in the summer.

So we are pretty much fucked in the midfield. We only have Matuidi who can provide a defensive cover in our midfield. :(

Sissoko?

Meier

Fox says Mohamed Sissoko is off to Fiorentina on loan as well.

Edit: Oops, you just posted that. :D

Wilbur

Banned

Belgian

Nathan

CR7

He will be a superstar

If Beckham wants to play for free and give his salary to charity, then why is he revealing that to the media? When people celebrate that 'gesture' it annoys me. Seems like a manufactured attempt to get good PR

Koko

Banned

Last minute offer for Capoue, Believe!

Slizz

If Beckham wants to play for free and give his salary to charity, then why is he revealing that to the media? When people celebrate that 'gesture' it annoys me. Seems like a manufactured attempt to get good PR

Does he need good PR? Annoyed that the guy is giving money to charity just because he said it out loud?

Meier

It's definitely done for good press. But it's still a nice gesture by a guy who has no need for any more money and it should be praised.

REPORTS: Multiple sources say Leeds United will ink Aston Villa's Stephen Warnock. Villa will release Warnock.

Also, Brek Shea is apparently a done deal to Stoke.. needs to get the work permit finalized though. Shouldn't be an issue since he is a US international.

I kind of understand what Meus is saying. Usually the point of announcing that you're giving money to charity is to get that charity some exposure. But he just said a children's charity in Paris.

Hixx

I've heard that this charity is actually just a front for a PSG money-laundering scheme and Beckham has signed a contract to launder ALL the money

Nyx

I've heard that this charity is actually just a front for a PSG money-laundering scheme and Beckham has signed a contract to launder ALL the money

I heard it as well, and also that he will buy nuclear missiles and fire them at Geri Halliwell cause Posh said so.

Even if there were any credence to the notion that it wasn't due to altruism, I'd still celebrate the decision.

That's a lot of money being donated.

Does he need good PR? Annoyed that the guy is giving money to charity just because he said it out loud?

No. I don't have a problem that he is giving the money to charity or that he's revealed it, but rather the manner (during a press conference) he's done it in seems manufactured, and hence disingenuous.

What is odd about it is he, and many other high profile figures, have done charity work - both publicly and privately - before and I'm sure he and his wife support some good causes financially. I'm not suggesting its a cynical ploy by him, but it is kinda random to mention this aspect of your life during a press conference reveal. It's almost as if he's trying to warm himself up to Parisians; something he didn't need to do anyway. He could have easily not mentioned it, as it isn't particularly important in the greater context of his transfer move. But he chose to do so. I don't think I've ever heard of something like this happening at a press conference before.

Arnie

I also get what Meus is saying. People need to stop seeing things in black and white; just because it's a clear PR move doesn't prevent it from being a great gesture that'll benefit many people.

Top Bottom