• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT12| Kicked the Ballboy Like Stan Hit Ulrika

Fry

I also get what Meus is saying. People need to stop seeing things in black and white; just because it's a clear PR move doesn't prevent it from being a great gesture that'll benefit many people.

That's just looking too much into things.

He's signing a contract to play for PSG and he'll do it for free. It's big news, it must be announced to everyone.

End.

Koko

Banned
So apparently Fulham is now trying to get Gomis, I knew some team was going to bid on him

I have to go to class, hopefully at my returned Cavani, Villa and Vidal are already announced and I can finally jump on the bandwagon of Arsenal :lol

D_prOdigy

Becks is probably just fucking weary of having to hear "He's doing it for the money" - which he probably would have faced no matter where he went - so him saying where is salary is going is a bit of a 'fuck you' to those people.

Zabojnik

I guess I'm the only one in here who doesn't have a hard-on for Beckham? He's got swag and he's a nice person, I'm sure, but I never rated him highly as a football player, apart from his years at Manchester United.

dc's favourite journo:

Martin Samuel ‏@grthdvd
Big story coming up in ten minutes, just waiting for sources to confirm. #transferdeadlineday #premierleague #LFC

No Falcao for Atletico tonight...

RGPkEIL.jpg

Timurid

Who? I've never heard of him.

No stupid buys Wenger. Buy a proper player or don't buy anyone at all.

Reading up on this Monreal and it looks like he may be a good signing. Kinda surprised Malaga would sanction this though.
:lol :lol :lol
I guess I'm the only one in here who doesn't have a hard-on for Beckham? He's got swag and he's a nice person, I'm sure, but I never rated him highly as a football player, apart from his years at Manchester United.

PFft. PSG just brought him to boost shirt sales and improve the club's image and the Ligue 1. Plus, The salary to a charity was a nice touch.

You're just jelly because you have to settle with Anelka.

Valbuena to Fenerbahce?!

Would be a big blow for Marseille.
132072647768.jpg

Martin Samuel ‏@grthdvd
#Liverpool have had a loan approach for Roma's Maarten #Stekelenburg, with an option to buy for £7m accepted. #LFC #transferdeadlineday.

Zabojnik

PFft. PSG just brought him to boost shirt sales and improve the club's image and the Ligue 1. Plus, The salary to a charity was a nice touch

You're just jelly because you have to settle with Anelka.

Yeah, that's not it. :p I mean, I'm not even one of those saying he is/was all media, he was a pretty solid footballer with exceptional feet. But I think that overall he got more in terms of football glory (the clubs he played for being an example) that we deserved and probably would have achieved, if it wasn't for the whole Spice/pretty boy/marketing phenomenon. He was nowhere near god-tier, imo.

FootballFan

Who? I've never heard of him.

No stupid buys Wenger. Buy a proper player or don't buy anyone at all.

... He is pretty much Spains second left-back after Jordi Alba and is a great player.

A goal and an assist just in his last game.

I would be happy if I were a gooner like Sviatoslav, at worst he is way better than Santos on his best day.

Gary Jacob ‏@garyjacob
Tottenham offer for Damiao discussed by Internacional board now. Issue is payment schedule and slightly higher fee. Typical THFC 10.59pm..?

Why does this refuse to end...

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
As I suspected, Alex 'next Messi' Pritchard has signed a new contract with Spurs.

Go away now Liverpool.

Gary Jacob ‏@garyjacob
Tottenham offer for Damiao discussed by Internacional board now. Issue is payment schedule and slightly higher fee. Typical THFC 10.59pm..?

Why does this refuse to end...

Levy gonna Levy

K1LLER7

Good move for Lolerpool If it goes through. Reina hasn't looked the same player the past 2 years.

Barca would still improve If they got Reina.

Lightning

Banned
Whenever we buy a player I like to research them even if I haven't heard of them before. Same thing with Cazorla in the summer, didnt know that much about him. I had heard of him but wasn't that familiar with him.

This guy though I don't know so I'm doing some research on him.

I'm worried I may have been Sporked. I'm not 100% that Martin Samuel profile is real. It's verified, but some of the tweets there seem a bit colourful for a journalist. Sorry if fake.

Lightning

Banned
... He is pretty much Spains second left-back after Jordi Alba and is a great player.

A goal and an assist just in his last game.

I would be happy if I were a gooner like Sviatoslav, at worst he is way better than Santos on his best day.
Thanks man. Getting excited about this now! This guy could be better than Gibbs enough to give Gibbs a kick up the ass to improve his game to the next level.

Good move for Lolerpool If it goes through. Reina hasn't looked the same player the past 2 years.

Barca would still improve If they got Reina.

Reina's been fine since November :(

I hate new goalkeepers. If they don't work out, they cripple your team. Either way, we;d have to buy another goalkeeper in the summer for second choice

Timurid

Yeah, that's not it. :p I mean, I'm not even one of those saying he is/was all media, he was a pretty solid footballer with exceptional feet. But I think that overall he got more in terms of football glory (the clubs he played for being an example) that we deserved and probably would have achieved, if it wasn't for the whole Spice/pretty boy/marketing phenomenon. He was nowhere near god-tier, imo.

Maybe. I can't comment about this because I rarely watched him play during his prime.

Top Bottom