• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT12| Kicked the Ballboy Like Stan Hit Ulrika

Jim White is a terrifying example of when a bit of a joke just goes on too long, then starts revelling in it. Like someone who dresses like a prick on a night out getting more and more "zany" as time goes on, or a sentinel AI becoming self aware.
Lol so much this.

Was funny at first. Just cringe now.

Just came back from Lincoln, was a good film but I can't help but feel it would have been better as a mini tv series..

Day-Lewis was the best thing in it though, astounding actor. Made me believe he WAS Lincoln.

FootballFan

There's a striker at Barca B who looks a decent player. Scored 2 against Madrid in the lower league. Can't remember his name...

He seems pretty good too. There is a lot of hype around Dongou too. You never really know who will make it and who won't.

Bojan started off great, but he never really improved. Messi was one of the few youngsters where you just knew he would be a first team player in no time.

Diame can fuck right off as far as I'm concerned, although seeing him playing for Harry or the Spuds would be pretty galling. Sick of players using us a shop window while their scummy agents stirring the pot.

And we're pretty fucked without Diame, but I don't feel comfortable putting our hopes solely on the shoulders of some want-away mercenary who'll be off in the summer whether we're relegated or not.

Meier

Apparently City have signed a 17 year old called Seko Fofana.

#SuarezFofanaLopesFuture

Looks like he's a DM from France who played for Lorient's youth team.

1775275_w2.jpg

From their website, it seems like we've loaned Mohammed Abu to them until the end of the year. He was at Rayo Vallecano but it doesn't seem like he's playing at all.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
QPR are amazing. First they lock JJ out now Odemwingie is just driving around the parking lot at Loftus Road.

Damiao deal off.

Clubs "£3m-£4m" apart in valuation.

The deal is not off until the deadline. And if we use the fax machine excuse, a few hours after.

Bumhead

Banned
Steve De Ridder going on loan to Bolton. Good move for him.

Wonder if we'll replace him or promote Callum Chambers.

Pigs have signed Forte from you lot as well. I didn't even realise he was at Southampton?

He was in the year above me at school. He's a right wanker. Safe to say re-signing one of their discarded youth products on loan after selling their best player for £1.2m yesterday has gone down a right treat at the sty.

FootballFan

There's a striker at Barca B who looks a decent player. Scored 2 against Madrid in the lower league. Can't remember his name...

I think Grimaldo is the real talent from our B team though, Jordi Alba better watch out.

Here is his debut for Barca at 15. Fifteen lol. In a friendly, doesn't do much but still..fifteen. He is 17 now.

He has been really good this season and was great against Real Madrid Castilla in the 3-1 win too.

Like I said it's hard to tell who will make it or who won't. But I think Grimaldo, Deulofeu, Sergi Roberto and Thiago have what it takes.

What did Redknapp say when he first went to QPR about not blowing somebody else's money at clubs?

He's a lying melted faced twat.

Well, the idea is probably its cheaper to spend all this money and stay up then not spend and go down (new TV deal etc). Im not saying hes right but thats probably the thinking. Plus with them shipping out a lot of players they don't want a thin squad. Samba and Remy are two great signings for them even if they were expensive.

Lightning

Banned
Diame can fuck right off as far as I'm concerned, although seeing him playing for Harry or the Spuds would be pretty galling. Sick of players using us a shop window while their scummy agents stirring the pot.

And we're pretty fucked without Diame, but I don't feel comfortable putting our hopes solely on the shoulders of some want-away mercenary who'll be off in the summer whether we're relegated or not.
West Ham will not be relegated. It's just not possible at this point. But yeah Diame can fuck off I honestly would hate him at arsenal.

K1LLER7

I think Grimaldo is the real talent from our B team though, Jordi Alba better watch out.

Here is his debut for Barca at 15. Fifteen lol. In a friendly, doesn't do much but still..fifteen. He is 17 now.

He has been really good this season and was great against Real Madrid Castilla in the 3-1 win too.

Like I said it's hard to tell who will make it or who won't. But I think Grimaldo, Deulofeu, Sergi Roberto and Thiago have what it takes.
Yeah, Grimaldo looked good in the last game. Maybe they should try him at RB if Alves leaves.

Did Sergi Roberto not get called up to the first team?

FootballFan

Yeah, Grimaldo looked good in the last game. Maybe they should try him at RB if Alves leaves.

Did Sergi Roberto not get called up to the first team?

Yep, as did Thiago. I just mean out of the young players from La Masia, those are the ones I believe will make it.

Wiki says he is still part of Barcelona B(Roberto) but he has played for the first team quite a few times(Impressed me most the time)

Bumhead

Banned
Well, the idea is probably its cheaper to spend all this money and stay up then not spend and go down (new TV deal etc).

Sure. But I seem to recall Redknapp specifically saying he wouldn't do that at QPR, what with his history of doing so at other clubs where such activity was totally unsustainable. Seems to be a bit of bollocks from him, a bit like his paddy about being accused of being a wheeler dealer.

Top Bottom