• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT12| Kicked the Ballboy Like Stan Hit Ulrika

Hixx

Lol, you guys had four strikers on the field in Amsterdam and couldn't even get a draw. Well, just buy another striker eh?

jR79ANrFGGb9W.png

bruv

Personally I'd like to see the money go back to the fans by reducing or standardising ticket prices... but I guarantee when my when my season ticket renewal comes this month the price will either be the same or another 10-15% increase.

Just cancel it. Your club gives away so many free games it's a head scratcher.

Meier

If clubs had any sense they'd invest the majority of that in improving their infrastructure (such as training grounds and academy). However, you just know they'll waste it on overpriced players.
Fortunately for us, that's well underway. :) City will continue to increase commercial revenue as well. I think we'd pay Falcao's release clause but not Cavani's. Money won't be an issue even with FFP being taken into account. Whether or not Txiki is willing to spend that much remains to be seen.

Linius

Just give Modric a red.

You outplayed us. In both legs. :)

Oh, I didn't want you to say that :p

But I still don't get the culture of buying the most expensive players around and hoping they do well. It's such a waste of money. When players don't do well clubs buy another expensive player. Just like that.

Wes

venison crêpe
Under normal circumstances I'd be very happy with a point away at Everton but yet again we draw from a winning position AND concede in extra time.

We are so damn unlucky.

nny

damn I didn't see it. Is James hurt? I thought I heard that a while back but I didn't know if it was serious or not.

hard to get football news in the u.s. from the portuguese league unless you really search hard online

Yes, he is, but he's supposed to be returning. He has been out for about a month.

dc89

Just give Modric a red.

Oh, I didn't want you to say that :p

But I still don't get the culture of buying the most expensive players around and hoping they do well. It's such a waste of money. When players don't do well clubs buy another expensive player. Just like that.

Hmm ok. I'll tell them not go buy the most expensive players. But how much do your strikers cost?

---

How apt. The Sunday Express - City to go all out in the summer for a big name striker. Cavani, Falcao or Suarez.

We won't get Suarez, but I would welcome him.

feel

Dammit this Madrid shitfest is so painful to support.

damn I didn't see it. Is James hurt? I thought I heard that a while back but I didn't know if it was serious or not.

hard to get football news in the u.s. from the portuguese league unless you really search hard online

Maybe it's bein just pumping up the drama for the team that is hated by the qatar foundation. Lol they show every PSG game live too
He's been out since early January from a hamstring injury. He should be back soon since they said back then it would be a month of downtime.

Linius

Hmm ok. I'll tell them not go buy the most expensive players. But how much do your strikers cost?

Sigthorsson was four million euros. Hoessen was +- 500.000 euros. Babel was free.

But yeah, you can't compare our clubs. But it just seems silly to me that clubs are paying higher and higher amounts of transfer money to get new players. And it happens more than a few times that these expensive players are a complete disaster.

dc89

Sigthorsson was four million euros. Hoessen was +- 500.000 euros. Babel was free.

But yeah, you can't compare our clubs. But it just seems silly to me that clubs are paying higher and higher amounts of transfer money to get new players. And it happens more than a few times that these expensive players are a complete disaster.

I was alluding to the fact maybe we could buy them :p

dc89

Eva doesn't look as hot these days. She looks sullen and as if the weight lf the world is on her shoulders. Rafa - what have you done to her?!

Linius

Commentator got boring I guess, started talking about the Alhambra. Which really is a beautiful place to visit. Granada is a great city.

Top Bottom