• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT12| Kicked the Ballboy Like Stan Hit Ulrika

GolazoDan

Guys, I'm scared to go back to Black Ops 2. I'll like it after a few multiplayer games but I bet people have mastered the maps now. And they'll hide. And take advantage of me.

Also dabbling in ice hockey for the first time, :-O. Hurricanes vs. Flyers.

Messi

Playing Borderlands 2 alone is depressing. I open loot chests and there are 4 guns. So I take them all :(

Foreveralone.jpg

Salvadora

I would, but we don't get Netflix here and I'm to lazy/cheap to VNP/pay for it. Guess I'll be getting it on blu-ray. Any idea when they plan on releasing it? If at all.
Not a clue at all, sorry. I just couldn't wait listening to the praise so I had to watch it.
We're only a month in to 2013!

It's difficult to imagine any show that could top this. It feels like the future of television.

jtb

Banned
Did you watch our game? What's your view on Monreal if you did.

Yeah I did, well it was in the background while I was working. Game was boring, Monreal was... decent, but he hasn't been tested yet. Stoke are pretty terrible away from home. Granted, he's better than Santos so there's that. It's just good to know we'll actually have two proficient players in one position for once; Wenger usually doesn't believe in squad depth but I guess even he couldn't deny how fucking awful Santos is.

More worrying is Gibbs... he's got a "thigh problem" that sounds suspiciously like whatever Diaby had. the 3 week estimate's already been pushed to 6 or 7. At this rate, we'll have to choose between Squillaci and Santos against Bayern.

Splatt

No one will call you a band wagoner if you join the Bayern train.

We have Pep. Join us.

tumblr_m1bdgiVv4A1qe8s6wo1_500.gif

Yen

You should all check out the original House of Cards series. Hyped for the Netflix series but won't get to watch for a while. Grrr

Koko

Banned
My opinion was always that Benzema was somewhat more consistent in finishing of given chances compared to Higuain but what I'm seeing lately is really starting to tell me otherwise. Maybe I've just been disillusioned the whole time, maybe I thought Higuain was so damn shit that my mind unconciously refused to accept that any other striker in the team could reach that level of shitness.

What more does Benzema do according to you?

Benzema plays a key role in our teamwork (if somehow we have one), he knows how to support to the other attackers, his passing is normally really good which is why among with Özil are the ones with more assists in the team (13), he normally takes the right decisions between pass or shot. In general there is no comparison between him and Higuain.

Playing Borderlands 2 alone is depressing. I open loot chests and there are 4 guns. So I take them all :(

Foreveralone.jpg

Only if you were on PS3 :(

FootballFan

Pellegrini upset about Monreal having to be sold.

"Monreal's exit is a very sad moment for the team. It deprives us of a very important player who performed to the highest standards.

Unfortunately, the reality of the club is what it is, and there is no way of hiding it. It was an option that came up at the last minute, and the club thought it was appropriate.

I understand they have to try and balance the books, because the pressure is on us from all sides, and we have received punishments. It is a major loss to us in sporting terms."

Lightning

Banned
Yeah I did, well it was in the background while I was working. Game was boring, Monreal was... decent, but he hasn't been tested yet. Stoke are pretty terrible away from home. Granted, he's better than Santos so there's that. It's just good to know we'll actually have two proficient players in one position for once; Wenger usually doesn't believe in squad depth but I guess even he couldn't deny how fucking awful Santos is.

More worrying is Gibbs... he's got a "thigh problem" that sounds suspiciously like whatever Diaby had. the 3 week estimate's already been pushed to 6 or 7. At this rate, we'll have to choose between Squillaci and Santos against Bayern.
I'm pretty sure Vermaelen will play LB against Bayern. Santos doesn't have a future at Arsenal, he must know it, there is no incentive for him to even try and he doesn't try and it shows so if Wenger picks Santos in any match from now until the end of the season I will cry.

And Gibbs will be out for a while. This happened earlier in the season as well to him where is 2-3 weeks lasted longer than that. It's just the player that Gibbs is and that's another reason
I welcome Monreal to Arsenal with open arms. I'm sure he will become out first choice left back from this point.

Pellegrini upset about Monreal having to be sold.
No one wants to lose a class player mid-season. No one wants to lose class players period but mid season when you're fighting for 4th and still in the CL this would be a big blow to Malaga. They are also challenging the UEFA decision to kick them out of Europe competitions next season and if they win that then they've just suffered another blow in their bid to get 4th spot.

Lightning

Banned
Yeah what's up with Malaga? If they're in financial troubles, we'll gladly take Isco off their hands.
35mil buyout clause. Forget it, it will take a bit more than just Santi in his ear to pull that one off.

They have other class players aside from Isco though that we can poach! At 35mil Isco is not really a bargain so I would rather us skip that one.

jtb

Banned
I'm pretty sure Vermaelen will play LB against Bayern. Santos doesn't have a future at Arsenal, he must know it, there is no incentive for him to even try and he doesn't try and it shows so if Wenger picks Santos in any match from now until the end of the season I will cry.

And Gibbs will be out for a while. This happened earlier in the season as well to him where is 2-3 weeks lasted longer than that. It's just the player that Gibbs is and that's another reason
I welcome Monreal to Arsenal with open arms. I'm sure he will become out first choice left back from this point.

Yeah, I can see Monreal becoming our first choice left back if only because Gibbs is way too injury prone to be able to keep his place in the team. Agreed that Santos should hopefully have played his last game for Arsenal, barring a massive injury crisis. He's always been pretty bad at defending, but his attitude has just turned to shit the past six months. It's not his fault (even if he should at least be giving more of an effort to justify his large paycheck) because he should never have been bought in the first place...

So couple big games today! Predictions?

Head:
West Brom 1 - 0 Tottenham
Man City 2 - 0 Liverpool

Heart:
West Brom 1 - 3 Tottenham

Win for us puts us right up in contention for 3rd and would end West Broms shot at top five imo, they've been in bad form lately but a win for them and they are right back up there and could go back above Liverpool.

K1LLER7

Messi, imagine a fire started at your place and there's only one jersey you can save from the blazing inferno. Which one would that be?

The one he could sell for a high price

prediction

West Brom 1 - 3 Tottenham (Brunt - Bale, Defoe x2)

Man City 1 - 1 Liverpool (Aguero - Sturridge)

Want Sterling to start tomorrow. Think he can do well against Clichy

Suen

Benzema plays a key role in our teamwork (if somehow we have one), he knows how to support to the other attackers, his passing is normally really good which is why among with Özil are the ones with more assists in the team (13), he normally takes the right decisions between pass or shot. In general there is no comparison between him and Higuain.
The part of him doing a better teamwork and better decisions I agree with. This is why I previously said he was more consistent in finishing in comparison to Higuain because he makes better decisions which results in him wasting less of his chances or in other words; if he does attempt to score then he often will (or would judging from this season so far). So far it's basically a mix of Benzema and a mix of Higulol-level and that miss he did against Granada certainly doesn't help me thinking he's just being unlucky. Granted the whole team has been pretty bad this season but still...

Still Benzema > Higuain

Lightning

Banned
So couple big games today! Predictions?

Head:
West Brom 1 - 0 Tottenham
Man City 2 - 0 Liverpool

Heart:
West Brom 1 - 3 Tottenham

Win for us puts us right up in contention for 3rd and would end West Broms shot at top five imo, they've been in bad form lately but a win for them and they are right back up there and could go back above Liverpool.
Head:

West Brom 1 - 1 Tottenham
Man City 2 - 1 Liverpool

Heart:

West Brom 4 - 0 Tottenham
Man City 5 - 0 Liverpool

I really think Man City will fire against Liverpool. They've got a big task ahead of them to get anything out of that game and City's defense is the best in the league by some way. Tottenham vs. West Brom is tough and can go either way.

Kyoufu

City can only hope for a draw at best against Liverpool IMO.

They need Yaya Toure back.

Would you still say that if he played for United? What do you make of Evra?

Yeah I would. I don't care who they play for. :p

Evra was crap last season but pretty good this season. Maybe even of your best players this campaign.

I don't care as long as we beat you next week.

Mmm will be an interesting game, has Pardew learnt how to play against us yet? Pretty much battered you last season at home and the away trip in August (one of VdVs last contributions was that damn penalty :( )

We do seem to struggle at home against teams who park the bus so if Pardew has learnt to do that you could get something.

Top Bottom