• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT12| Kicked the Ballboy Like Stan Hit Ulrika

DEkMH1z.png

Just finished this game on FM.

looool

Are you saying you wouldn't want a delicious sandwich when you wake up every morning?

I'm saying that nobody cares if your plushie freaks you oput :p

City can only hope for a draw at best against Liverpool IMO.

They need Yaya Toure back.

We're away, we're vulnerable, and they're the PL champions. Anyone expecting anything other than a relatively narrow City win is quite frankly an idiot

Kyoufu

Mmm will be an interesting game, has Pardew learnt how to play against us yet? Pretty much battered you last season at home and the away trip in August (one of VdVs last contributions was that damn penalty :( )

We do seem to struggle at home against teams who park the bus so if Pardew has learnt to do that you could get something.

We're a different side now tbh.

Last season's team vs Spurs:

Krul, Simpson, Williamson, Coloccini, Santon, Obertan, Guthrie, Perch, Gutierrez, Ba, Cisse

There's no way that team is winning any game, let alone at WHL.

In August we played 4-4-2 which did not suit us and Cabaye was not only low in fitness but also played with an injury. We switched to 4-3-3 in the second half and won the game.

Now we have a fully fit Cabaye alongside the beast that is Sissoko, Steven Taylor back partnering Coloccini and Gouffran who is a major upgrade to Obertan.

We still have weaknesses in the team but I think we'll give it a real go at least. Though we seem to have the same problem as you. Lack of strikers. :(

Slizz

Fish tacos are so bomb. Made some beer-battered fish tacos for the National Championship game earlier in Jan.

No idea what grub is going down on the Super Bowl yet but more attention will be paid to it than the game itself I feel. My friends and I take the cooking seriously.

Turok_TTZ

My opinion was always that Benzema was somewhat more consistent in finishing of given chances compared to Higuain but what I'm seeing lately is really starting to tell me otherwise. Maybe I've just been disillusioned the whole time, maybe I thought Higuain was so damn shit that my mind unconciously refused to accept that any other striker in the team could reach that level of shitness.

What more does Benzema do according to you?

Someone else already got the gist of it so I'll be quick here and add a little bit.
Benz is a 9.5 or rather a "false" 9 cf/ss. He creates chances as well as scores goals so when he isn't scoring, he is not dead weight like say Higuain is. Can't really compare Benz to Higgy since Higuain is the definition of a Classic ''9''. a playmaker and striker in one, that is benz.

Benzema is off form but it is not his fault so I'll forgive his miss, same goes for Higuain. Mourinho really needs to stick with one striker. Too much rotation causes loss of form and rust. and it doesn't help that Mou takes out either of higgy or benz in 2nd half early. they need the 90mins damnit. oh well.

and if you ask me, Benz was always the more clinical one despite not being a classic 9 like Higgy. But both are off form and Mou is responsible for this. only way to fix this is a consistent run of games and by games I mean 90mins without getting subbed.

K1LLER7

Yeah I would. I don't care who they play for. :p

Evra was crap last season but pretty good this season. Maybe even of your best players this campaign.

Your getting soft :p

Once Newcastle get relegated this season, choose United as your team in the PL.

Kyoufu

League table is looking pathetic right about now. Says a lot for English football.

Man Utd's lead is just pathetic but that's what happens when you buy Scott Sinclair and Jack Rodwell.

Chelsea.... don't even get me started. Shouldn't have sacked RDM to begin with.

How are GAME looking financially? I still have a card with £38 on it that can't be redeemed online, so need them to survive til May really when I buy The Last Of Us. Can the cards be used instore to preorder games for home delivery?

faridmon

Just read somewhere that Messi is on course on beating Dixie Deans record this season.
There goes the only record Everton have. Bloody Midget!

Top Bottom