• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT12| Kicked the Ballboy Like Stan Hit Ulrika

choodi

Banned
Just read Benitez's assessment of Ba/Coloccini incident. What the fuck is that man on?

Red card and penalty? What a fuck stain! Colo is more than entitled to go for that ball.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21307789

Rafael Benitez angry at Fabricio Coloccini for kicking Demba Ba

Chelsea boss Rafael Benitez said his team should have had a penalty and Fabricio Coloccini should have been sent off when he kicked Demba Ba in the face during the defeat by Newcastle.

Ex-Magpies striker Ba was struck when heading a first-half chance wide and left the pitch with a broken nose.

Newcastle took the lead soon after and went on to record a 3-2 victory.

"I think there were too many mistakes. I could see a red card that was not shown for Coloccini," said Benitez.

"So we had a chance, he [Demba Ba] had the ball, he received a kick and got a broken nose, it was bleeding. It was so simple, if it was in the middle of park you would go back and give a free-kick.

"It is very simple and very clear - penalty and red card because it was a chance. It's a strange rule and the penalty could have changed everything."

Ba had to be withdrawn before half-time and Jonas Gutierrez then put Newcastle ahead, but Chelsea responded well in the second half, taking a 2-1 lead through fantastic strikes by Frank Lampard and Juan Mata.

But Newcastle's Moussa Sissoko scored twice to earn the Magpies back-to-back victories and extend Chelsea's winless streak to four games.
Play media

Benitez has gained 24 points from 13 Premier League games in charge this season, which is two less than former boss Roberto Di Matteo accrued in 12 games before he was sacked in November.

Interim boss Benitez said his team had to "manage the pressure" but his side were naive in allowing Newcastle to counter-attack.

"The reaction of our team in the second half was fantastic," Benitez told BBC Sport.

"We were reacting really well, we scored two goals, the team was doing really well.

"But we gave them the opportunity to play counter-attack so we have to have more experience, but there were still too many [refereeing] incidents that were too difficult to explain."

He's just bitter that he is doing worse than the guy who got fired.

Chelsea's woes under Benitez

Rafael Benitez has taken 22 points from his 13 Premier League games at Chelsea this season, two fewer than Roberto Di Matteo did from his 12 matches in charge (24).

Lightning

Banned
Penalty I agree with Benitez but the red card no. The player was aiming for the ball, Ba had already sent his header wide as contact came afterwards and there was zero intent. Clearly going for the ball, albeit very dangerously.

K1LLER7

-----------Hart
Walker-Smalling-Cahill-Baines
------Carrick---Clev
----------Wilshere
Walcott---Rooney--Sturridge/Welberg/Ox

Need a right back option, cos Walker is a div.
Depending on how Zaha does next season at United, he could be included in the team. At RB, could play Jones/Smalling. I like Taylor(?) who plays RB/LB for Swansea.

Clegg

No. Have you got a link to it or know where I can read it please?

From the Daily Mail so I can't link it.

But here's another account from a Rangers fan who attended the charity event where Gascoigne was the after dinner speaker.

http://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/17pwna/paul_gascoigne_an_update/

Unfortunately this is a very sad but very true account of a dinner I attended last night with Paul. It was a fundraising event for Northampton Town and a breast cancer charity and friends of mine had a table. I decided to drive down from Aberdeen yesterday and tie it in with the weekend in Newcastle I have planned for the game on Saturday. After what I saw last night, I really wish I hadn't.
There was about 500 in attendance at the dinner and worryingly, minutes after everyone took our seats the compare for the evening introduced himself and announced the plan for the evening, dinner, raffle, auction, Gazza speaking followed by a Q&A and then the comedian.
We began eating and between the starter and main the compare took to the stage again and told us that unfortunately Gazza was very ill. He had taken a funny turn which isn't uncommon due to the medication he takes and he should really be in hospital, not speaking at a dinner but he has insisted on appearing as its a charity event and be will go to hospital immediately afterwards. He asked us all to be understanding towards Gazza and be patient when he appears.
Following the main course it was announced that Gazza was extremely ill so he would be coming out now and speaking so be could get to hospital as soon as her finished and we would get desert once he'd finished.
Gazza's agent then took to the stage and told us Gazza had had 2 pints earlier and taken a funny turn so he would answer a few questions then go straight to hospital. He reiterated Gazza had only had 2 pints and what we were about was not what it looked like so please be patient and remember Gazza for the good times he gave us, not for how he looks today. (It was like a funeral speech to be honest before he'd even come out)
Gazza was then aided onto stage by 2 bouncers. When I say aided, there was no way at all he could walk unaided. He was sat on a sofa on the stage and given a microphone. His agent asked him who the best player he's ever played with was and Gazza said 'Brian Robson. But he's a cunt. They're all cunts. You're all cunts.'
His agent apologized to everyone and then Gazza apologized as well. He said as be started crying 'I'm sorry, 3 days on the whiskey, I'm sorry.'
He was shaking uncontrollably for the 5 minutes he was on the stage. It was like a very serious case of Parkinson's. He broke down 3 times in the 5 minutes or so he was on stage apologizing and saying this time he'll get better. Between apologies he struggled to answer questions and just told us that other people were cunts.
It was horrible seeing my hero who I drove for 7 hours yesterday to see in that condition. There was a lump in everyone's throat when he left the stage. The room really did have the atmosphere of a funeral and the consensus was certainly that he does not have long left.

Clegg

He looks absolutely terrible.

SUNDAY+MIRROR+ONLY+Paul+Gascoigne.jpg

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/paul-gascoigne-says-no-one-1572075

Salazar

There's a kind of physical irony in the way that punch makes Reem straighten up and make a kind of eye-contact - while at the same time burning his soul out of him.

FootballFan

Only one?

Messi #10
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-xWVl7q9aSMU/TYEJQelFFjI/AAAAAAAAAHQ/s-otkaS2SmE/s1600/barca%2Bhome.jpg[img]

Or

Messi #10
[img]http://www.soccerzonevegas.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/2/1/21082.re23.jpg[img]

I don't own my dream kit :([/QUOTE]

I only have like 4 kits lol. Probably save my Ronnie one for 05.

Saviola 2003 kit, Messi 2006 kit, Dinho 2005, Dinho 2006. I really want a Puyol one. :( Always wanted an Eto'o one too.

[quote="Salazar, post: 47231367"]Beating Madrid would be great.

Barca are the thing that eats the scum. The scum is Madrid.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/T7tRYFh.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

I'm liking you more and more everyday Salazar. Keep up the Madrid hate.

Top Bottom