• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT12| Kicked the Ballboy Like Stan Hit Ulrika

aren't u a bit harsh?

Not really imo. Every fanbase has it traits.

Man Utd - Complain when they win without dominating, or making it uncomfortable for themselves. Love a good formation :p

Man City - Keep quiet unless they've won the week before. Go on about Aguero's QPR goal when things aren't looking so great

Arsenal - Whinge about Wenger and club transfer policy. Blame Santos and Koscielny for everything even when Vermaelen is at fault

Liverpool -Overrate our players/manager/prospects after wins, underrate them after losses. Kind of bipolar, no middle ground to our mood. Facetiously arrogant.

Chelsea - Don't really go in depth when it comes to the team's problems. Never go deeper than 'Luiz isn't a defender' or 'Rafa is a fat cunt'

Tottenham - Probably the most realistic and agreeable fans on here tbf

Villa - More pessimistic versions of the Spurs fans :p

Everton - He's a cunt

Barca - Oblivious arrogance, want the world to throw an endless stream of roses at them, can't handle it when things go even slightly wrong. Disappear like a fart in the wind in the days after a loss.

Madrid - Think they deserve success, and don't understand why people disagree with the notion of sacking a manager for only winning 2 competitions out of 3. Unable to take any rough with their smooth, won't hear a word said against the players if (when) its a battle between them and the manager

Bayern - Whinge regardless of anything. Wallow in self-pity that they expect others to share, even though they're in a position as a club that all but 5 or so teams in the world would kill to be in.

Dortmund - Get very, very excited about their players and manager. Spend more time talking about contracts than they do matches and competitions. Enjoying the good times, as they understand that things can go wrong very quickly when you're not quite at the top

PSG/Torino - Wanker

Columbia - Drunkard

Juve - 30% Juve posts. 10% 'lol<otherSerieAteam>. 60% whinging about various chairmen

That's just the way it is

things will never be the saaaame

FootballFan

Barca - Oblivious arrogance, want the world to throw an endless stream of roses at them, can't handle it when things go even slightly wrong. Disappear like a fart in the wind in the days after a loss.

WWHAT>!? Dude that is the mo... Just kidding, bet there will be replies like this though lol.

You guys love Dortmund too much. FUCK Dortmund.

Blablurn

Not really imo. Every fanbase has it traits.

Man Utd - Complain when they win without dominating, or making it uncomfortable for themselves. Love a good formation :p

Man City - Keep quiet unless they've won the week before. Go on about Aguero's QPR goal when things aren't looking so great

Arsenal - Whinge about Wenger and club transfer policy. Blame Santos and Koscielny for everything even when Vermaelen is at fault

Liverpool -Overrate our players/manager/prospects after wins, underrate them after losses. Kind of bipolar, no middle ground to our mood. Facetiously arrogant.

Chelsea - Don't really go in depth when it comes to the team's problems. Never go deeper than 'Luiz isn't a defender' or 'Rafa is a fat cunt'

Tottenham - Probably the most realistic and agreeable fans on here tbf

Villa - More pessimistic versions of the Spurs fans :p

Everton - He's a cunt

Madrid - Think they deserve success, and don't understand why people disagree with the notion of sacking a manager for only winning 2 competitions out of 3. Unable to take any rough with their smooth, won't hear a word said against the players if (when) its a battle between them and the manager

Bayern - Whinge regardless of anything. Wallow in self-pity that they expect others to share, even though they're in a position as a club that all but 5 or so teams in the world would kill to be in.

Dortmund - Get very, very excited about their players and manager. Spend more time talking about contracts than they do matches and competitions. Enjoying the good times, as they understand that things can go wrong very quickly when you're not quite at the top

PSG/Torino - Wanker

Columbia - Drunkard

Juve - 30% Juve posts. 10% 'lol<otherSerieAteam>. 60% whinging about various chairmen

That's just the way it is

things will never be the saaaame

nice post :lol

FootballFan

You forgot one hitcher.

Cork City Football Club - The realest supporters in the world. Fans that go home & away every game. #Respect.

Juan Pablo :p

deroli

:lol The German media went crazy because of this. Apparently it was unrespectful :lol

Pffff that wasn't even original. Gladbach did the same thing a couple of month before you did it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d19ihQZeOTg ...copycats ;)

I'm not looking anymore at the top spot. I enjoyed Schalke's loss yesterday way more than I would have seeing München lose (although that would have been nice, too).
Today's match against Leverkusen is pretty big. They are very good at home and barely lost any points during the last couple of months. I can definitely see us competing with Leverkusen until the end of the season.

You forgot one hitcher.

Cork City Football Club - The realest supporters in the world. Fans that go home & away every game. #Respect.

Juan Pablo :p

I didn't know he supported Cork, but I knew the refernce from the description of the superest fan of all superfans. I love how he's essentially a synonym for that now :D

Salazar

Man Utd - Complain

Liverpool - Not RAWK. That's about as far as I'll go.

Tottenham - Think Sandro is much better than he is. Gradually realising that Parker is filth. Are at genuine risk of licking Levy's balls away to nothing.

Arsenal - Daydream about being a Bundesliga club.

Blablurn

Pffff that wasn't even original. Gladbach did the same thing a couple of month before you did it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d19ihQZeOTg ...copycats ;)

I'm not looking anymore at the top spot. I enjoyed Schalke's loss yesterday way more than I would have seeing München lose (although that would have been nice, too).
Today's match against Leverkusen is pretty big. They are very good at home and barely lost any points during the last couple of months. I can definitely see us competing with Leverkusen until the end of the season.

Götzinho with 2 goals. I'm sure u will trash overrated Leverkusen.

Götzinho with 2 goals. I'm sure u will trash overrated Leverkusen.

m237.jpg

Looking forward to the confused churn of elation and petulant regret if you win.

WE WON

WE HELPED UNITED

FUCK

That'd be over by tomorrow, when we'd all have accepted the fact that you've already won the title, so us beating City wouldn't make a blind bit of difference. This isn't Chelsea 09/10

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Chievo - Juve

Negatives:

-Bentegodi

verona.jpg

-11.30am kick off.
-Claudio Marchisio, Giorgio Chiellini, Leonardo Bonucci, Mirko Vucinic and Kwadwo Asamoah are all unavailable.
-Ashton Kutcher in the XI.
-Anelka is ready to make his debut and he's in Zabo's avatar.
-Third best defence at home.

Positives:

-Sergio -AntiJuve- Pellissier is injured.
-January is over.
-Conte is mad.

dc89

I didn't see the highlights of the Arsenal V Stoke game but I hear Wilshere pushed Owen?!

Pffftt. How dare he. Come back when you've won a Ballon d'Or Jack.

Arnie

11-a-side in 20 minutes. Then I head to the library for one final time this week to finalise and submit my work. Then the pub, then the Jordan Henderson show, then the Super Bowl. YES.

Salazar

Dion Fanning stringing up David Brent with his own quotes.

Rodgers has mastered the looking confident bit but it remains to be seen if he can produce a successful side. He has tried to make it seem an irrelevance. When Swansea played in Sunderland last year, Rodgers talked about the game in language that is now familiar.

"It is great for the public here at Sunderland to see us," he said after the game. "They must have been wondering what this team everyone is talking about are all about and now they have seen. We were wonderful. Our intention is always to pass teams to a standstill, but give credit to Sunderland, they defended ever so well when other teams might have wilted." Sunderland had just beaten Swansea 2-0.

Jesus fucking christ.

I'm surprised you didn't chin him, Hixx.

dc89

I don't know if this was posted but Ronaldo is the first player ever to score against all 20 La Liga teams following his own goal.

Linius

Listening to the new My Bloody Valentine record. Not bad, not bad at all.

VVV Venlo away today for Ajax, hope we can pull a PSV. Appeartenly that's synonym for scoring many goals this season :/

dc89

A piece by Duncan Castles.

Manchester City plan to make a marquee summer acquisition to initiate their first full season under the joint stewardship of Ferran Soriano and Txiki Begiristain. The club's recently appointed chief executive officer and director of football regard City's 2013-14 campaign as fundamental to ambitions to establish City as genuine contenders on the Champions League stage.

Alongside a potential change of manager Roberto Mancini – now regarded in football circles as “a dead man walking” - Soriano and Begiristain are working on adding an elite player to City's first team and strengthening it in two further positions. Scouting staff have been instructed to focus on strikers, wingers and central defenders.

Discussions have already taken place about signing Radamel Falcao from Atletico Madrid. The Colombia international has been a prodigious scorer throughout his four seasons in European football, already claiming 22 goals from 21 appearances in the current campaign, which is expected to be his last for the Europa League holders.

City have also been offered the opportunity to bid for Cristiano Ronaldo, who remains discontented with his lot at Real Madrid and may be used to raise transfer revenue this summer instead of being offered an extension to his €10.5million net contract. Charged with doubling City's income to an annual £400m, Soriano is aware of the commercial opportunities offered by Ronaldo. The club's Abu Dhabi owners have made previous attempts to attract the record breaking forward.

The new centre back will be of a lower profile, but come from a group of highly rated defenders in their mid-twenties. City are seeking a technically capable individual capable of playing the ball out from defence and complementing Vincent Kompany's athletic physicality.

Begiristain and Soriano intentionally used the difficult January window to bring in just one new player – 18-year-old Ghanaian Godsway Donyoh. Mario Balotelli was sold to AC Milan without replacement because the summer window offers more opportunity to purchase a striker of the required quality.

Though City will invest heavily in the right headline signing, the basic strategy is to extract better value from the club's £200m-plus wage bill. They intend to sell, loan or terminate the contracts of a large number of players on overly generous terms to concentrate transfer and salary spend on outstanding talent.

https://twitter.com/DuncanCastles/status/298016100074020864

Top Bottom