• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT12| Kicked the Ballboy Like Stan Hit Ulrika

Suen

Well, if the rumours of Villa being on his way out are true, then who better than Neymar to come in to replace him.

He is humble, likes Barca and Messi a lot, young and very talented.

Would be fantastic to see him and Messi imo. My only problem is, the role that wingers get at Barca are very limited in what they can do.

They don't get to run at players much or even keep the ball a lot. Which sucks cause that is what Neymar needs.

He definitely does seem to be the next big thing. I remember reading though that he does or did dive lots or fake injuries. This is probably what I like most about Messi, he doesn't fake on the pitch. If someone brings him down he usually get up and continue without complaining so much, at least from my experience watching him. Neymar playing as a winger does seem to be restricting in his case. As I understand he primarily plays as a forward but with Messi occupying that position for a good time to come I doubt he'll get many chances to play as that. The question is if Neymar will be satisfied with the restriction in the long run. What about attacking midfielder? Would he be able to adjust himself to that? In fact would there be any advantage for Barca to use him in that position?

Sane_Man

iOUznZpHr9lHz.png

Clegg

michael owen ‏@themichaelowen

@piersmorgan I did say what exactly? You wrote 'Owen backs kicking a ball boy'. Exactly when did I say that? Typical scum bag journalist.
Feel the rage, Michael.

Fintan

The ball boy is 17? Weird to think that there's only an age difference of 5 years. Not that it makes much of a difference, but I thought he'd kicked a 12 year old at first.

FootballFan

He definitely does seem to be the next big thing. I remember reading though that he does or did dive lots or fake injuries. This is probably what I like most about Messi, he doesn't fake on the pitch. If someone brings him down he usually get up and continue without complaining so much, at least from my experience watching him. Neymar playing as a winger does seem to be restricting in his case. As I understand he primarily plays as a forward but with Messi occupying that position for a good time to come I doubt he'll get many chances to play as that. The question is if Neymar will be satisfied with the restriction in the long run. What about attacking midfielder? Would he be able to adjust himself to that? In fact would there be any advantage for Barca to use him in that position?

No way could he get an attacking mid role with Cesc, Iniesta and Thiago there, wouldn't be good enough either I don't think.

He could do what Cesc does, and play next to Messi pretty much.

4-2-4 formation when Cesc plays usually. Xavi and Biscuit in midfield.

Example vid of Messi and Cesc in 4-2-4

Wes

venison crêpe
According to reports the Bayern President said Guardiola will have €278M to spend over the summer.

Hixx

Kun needs to stick to football, that looks like a dog vomited over it.

Boiled taties > mash > new potatoes > roast

bjaelke

According to reports the Bayern President said Guardiola will have €278M to spend over the summer.

This story is complete bullshit. First of all, Bayern's latest stockholders meeting took place November 15th 2012. Guardiola had not even officially negotiated let alone signed with Bayern at this point.
What Hoeneß did however say at this stockholder meeting was that Bayern had equity of 278.2 Million Euro (which is probably where this article took its number from, as this equates roughly R$ 759 Millionen) at the time, including an immediatly available cash reserve of 127.6 Millionen Euro. He expressed great pride in this uniquely comfortable position that they were in even after the transfer of Martinez for a club record sum, and with no word whatsoever did he lead anybody to believe that they were going to blow the entire savings of the club in one fell swoop, let alone that they would let the guy they had not even signed yet do it.
SOURCE
TL;DR: The article is entirely fabricated. Even though Bayern has the money, Guardiola will NOT get a transfer budget of alomst €300M.

Wes

venison crêpe
Well I wanted to believe anyway.

And forgive me if you posted it before, the thread blew up almost 500 extra posts between the ballboy incident and the end of the coverage of the game.

L1NETT

I am more shocked by the fact that people don't like mash than by the yahoo answers.

Mash! What are you? Necessary Evil??

Meier

Mashed potatoes are heavenly. You really can't go wrong with potatoes in general. Do you guys have them au gratin ever? Sogood.gif

Also this German journalist is, well, something I guess:

"Guardiola stands for the consequent feminization of Football."
"With Guardiola's Football, possession quotes of 80% go along with refusal of penetration. It is a permanent foreplay without a distinguishable desire to finish."

Top Bottom