• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT12| Kicked the Ballboy Like Stan Hit Ulrika

Clegg

Neymar in gif form

721729926.gif

Bayern don't even need 50m, let alone 278m. What position can you strengthen, considering how good the team already is and considering that the only players that could make the team better, are: scarce; almost unattainable.
CF.

Neymar was doing some maddd skillz tonight. Such a boss.

The lad's 17. He's drinking and gambling. He's going into the match intending to overtly time waste, this isn't a spare of the moment, deer in the headlights moment. He's not been overcome by the emotion of travelling to Wembley, he's a tit who acted above his station, and then played the victim when a player on the other end of his antics didn't want to wait for the curtains to close, nor did he offer a standing ovation.

But I fucking did, when Hazard kicked his over-priveleged midriff.

Show me a 17 year old boy who hasn't drank alcohol or had a flutter at some point and I'll show you a liar. I'm not saying the boy is an angel, he's clearly a cheeky bastard but cunt is a word I reserve for the worst of the worst. He took the piss a bit and then Hazard had a brain fart. Hazard knew that he was probably going to connect with more than just ball and before he could wave the red mist away he channelled Pepe/JT. He'll regret it, but he should have complained to the ref and let him deal with it. Instead he's turned a bad night into a disaster.

Show me a 17 year old boy who hasn't drank alcohol or had a flutter at some point and I'll show you a liar. I'm not saying the boy is an angel, he's clearly a cheeky bastard but cunt is a word I reserve for the worst of the worst. He took the piss a bit and then Hazard had a brain fart. Hazard knew that he was probably going to connect with more than just ball and before he could wave the red mist away he channelled Pepe/JT. He'll regret it, but he should have complained to the ref and let him deal with it. Instead he's turned a bad night into a disaster.
hi

Wilbur

Banned
Got to be honest.

I'm completely with Arnie here.

I think the kid's a little cunt, going off his Twitter profile. But in the context of the game, he's just acting as a Swansea fan mixed in a little bit with that cuntiness. It's not as if we have to vilify Hazard and say the kid is innocent, or that Hazard was justified in doing what he did because the kid's a fucking ingrown dick hair. He did something dumb. Hazard did something far dumber, and not justified to be honest.

Arnie

But Hazard is overcome by the emotion of the moment being on the opposite end of it? I quote you:

change that to "when you're out pitchside in such a high profile fixture, up by such a scoreline, with that long left on the clock, I think it's natural to want to slow the game down as much as possible".

Makes sense to me.

But we know the boy pre-meditated this incident, whereas Hazard did not, so this argument falls flat.

Hazard had also been running around and trying to win a football match, his heart was racing and no doubt his brain wasn't in the position to make crystal clear judgement calls, at least not as much as a young adult sat lethargically on his arse, watching a game of football.

If you've ever played a game of football, you'll know that in the heat of the moment, when you're mentally fragile from fatigue, and emotionally charged due to the competitive nature, you make decisions that you otherwise wouldn't in any other situation.

I've squared up to people on football pitches before, foolishly, or kicked someone, unnecessarily. Was I 'wrong'? Yes. Was I the only one in the wrong? No.

Feel for Hazard here, that young man stitched him up, and began his duties as a ball boy knowing full well that he was going to deviate from them.

but cunt is a word I reserve for the worst of the worst.
We differ here, amongst other things.

Hixx

I'm going to go and kick footballers when they waste time. I've paid to get in who do these cunts think they are wasting my time.

Wilbur

Banned

Yep yep yep yep yep. All he had to do was get the ref's attention and point at him, he took it too far.

The story today should be about how bad Benitez is, but Hazard saved him from that.

And the ball boy was wrong, but Hazard shouldn't have kicked him either. Both should be punished.

Wilbur

Banned
But we know the boy pre-meditated this incident, whereas Hazard did not, so this argument falls flat.

Hazard had also been running around and trying to win a football match, his heart was racing and no doubt his brain wasn't in the position to make crystal clear judgement calls, at least not as much as a young adult sat lethargically on his arse, watching a game of football.

If you've ever played a game of football, you'll know that in the heat of the moment, when you're mentally fragile from fatigue, and emotionally charged due to the competitive nature, you make decisions that you otherwise wouldn't in any other situation.

I've squared up to people on football pitches before, foolishly, or kicked someone, unnecessarily. Was I 'wrong'? Yes. Was I the only one in the wrong? No.

Feel for Hazard here, that young man stitched him up, and began his duties as a ball boy knowing full well that he was going to deviate from them.

But is it premeditating it, or is it a tongue in cheek comment on Twitter? Whose to say that he wasn't swept up in the emotion of the game, lethargic on his feet but alive in his mind and feeling every single moment of the match along with Hazard?

I know that in the heat of the moment a player will do something stupid, I have as well. But I know football fans who will say the most horrific things, or square up to someone when not even playing but just over a discussion. There's football fans getting stabbed over the sport. Taking the context of the game's emotion into account for Hazard and not the ball boy's a little bit unfair.

At first I was with Arnie.

Now I've thought about it I've moved away from that.

Still think the ballboy is a dick but what Hazard did is inexcusable.

Arnie

or is it a tongue in cheek comment on Twitter?

Well considering he dived on the fucking football like a grenade I'd strongly wager that it wasn't.

Tongue in cheek implies that you don't intend to do something that you say. Today I told my friend that I was going to nut Julian Petley, that was tongue in cheek, for I had no intention of doing so.

You cannit fucking kick someone, be they 11, 17 or 33, because they won't give you a ball, it's indefensible.
I don't think he wanted to kick him, though, I think he wanted to kick the ball out from under him, and caught him in the act.

The two are very much separate thought processes.

Its both, obviously

Ballboy's a cunt
Hazard's an idiot/cunt
Ballboy didn't deserve to be kicked
I have no sympathy for him being kicked

Wilbur

Banned
Well considering he dived on the fucking football like a grenade I'd strongly wager that it wasn't.

Tongue in cheek implies that you don't intend to do something that you say. Today I told my friend that I was going to nut Julian Petley, that was tongue in cheek, for I had no intention of doing so.

I don't think it was pre-meditated. I think he was having a laugh on Twitter, then Hazard came bundling into him and he played up to the situation. Might seem bollocks for me to say that, but fuck it. I genuinely don't think he sat there the whole game thinking that if the ball came near him, he was going to jump on it.

Sloosha

I think there is a middle ground between the 2. The ball boy is not at fault in any way here but Hazard, as ill-advised and dumb-headed a move as it was, was trying to kick the ball out from underneath the kid. Both parties have apologized and Hazard will serve his ban accordingly.

Clegg

Graham Hunter ‏@BumperGraham
#marca going with huge story front page in morning. Claim senior players inc #Casillas & #Ramos told President: Mou goes in summer or we do

Wilbur

Banned
Graham Hunter ‏@BumperGraham
#marca going with huge story front page in morning. Claim senior players inc #Casillas & #Ramos told President: Mou goes in summer or we do

Like anyone doubts Mou is staying there after this summer anyway

You cannit fucking kick someone, be they 11, 17 or 33, because they won't give you a ball, it's indefensible.

This is all that needs to be said.

Pretty sure if this was just a player trying to waste time and someone kicked out, we'd all be slating the player who kicks out. Heck pretty sure it has happened before in a few games, where players try to waste time and you see other players starting to react but not actually kick or lash out on someone.

I remember in Carling Cup Final vs Chelsea one of our players...erm Tainio? Wasted like 10 seconds with a throw in and Drogba was going nuts at him, ref came over to calm the situation.

As I have yet to see highlights, how quick did the referee respond? Was he near the incident?

Arnie

I don't think it was pre-meditated. I think he was having a laugh on Twitter, then Hazard came bundling into him and he played up to the situation. Might seem bollocks for me to say that, but fuck it. I genuinely don't think he sat there the whole game thinking that if the ball came near him, he was going to jump on it.

Well we literally have the complete opposite opinion in this situation.

And I wholly disagree with the idea that Hazard's a cunt; as I say, the act of playing football, especially at this level, is enough to distort the decisions that one makes. Naive, perhaps, but cunt? Nope. Again, I don't level the same treatment at the young man because of the tweet suggesting he fully intended to do what he did, and also that he hadn't been running around for 75 minutes prior.

City have jumped to 7th in the world in revenue. £50m more than Liverpool this year gone.

That's amazing. Says alot about City's commercial push and also about Liverpool's undervaluing (although the Etihad deal is hardly fair it's still there).

FootballFan

Exactly.. I'm with Wilbs/Viva/OriginalThinking on this.

If Alves kicked CR7 for time wasting it would be a deserved red and fucking stupid from Alves.

Don't see how it's different just because it's a ball boy doing the time wasting.

I'd like to say again that the kid/teenager is a cunt, but he doesn't deserve to get kicked for wasting 3 seconds lol.

Top Bottom