• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT12| Kicked the Ballboy Like Stan Hit Ulrika

K1LLER7

(3 hours of discussion over whether Rooney should be the 1 in a 4-4-1-1 or a 2 in a 4-4-2)

"BUT WHO CARES FERGUS IS JUST GONNA PLAY GIGGS AND SCHOLES ANYWAY AMIRITE GUYS?"

Everyone laughs and sips their tea.

Arnie and Kyoufu's screams are muffled by their duct tape gags.

Everyone laughs again.

I would sip like this man

T7yG6.gif

They'd love our talks on Kagawa.

K1LLER7

Team for the weekend:

De GOAT
Jones Smalling Evans Evra
Zaha Anderson Scholes Nani
Rooney Hernandez

Fixed

^ He's been falling behind on his tweets. He'll have enough time now I guess. Can't wait for the "Will I wear blue or black jeans?.....find out in 4 days"

Wilbur

Banned
Team for the weekend:

De GOAT
Jones Smalling Evans Evra
Valencia Anderson Scholes Nani
Rooney Hernandez

Is it Fulham in the cup or league?

Cup:

DDG
Jones - Smalling - Evans - Evra
Valencia - Anderson - Scholes - Nani
Kagawa
Hernandez

League

DDG
Rafael - Rio - Ferdinand - Evra
Cleverley - Carrick - Anderson
Kagawa
Rooney - van Persie

Wilbur

Banned
I really hope Arsenal got it out of their system and they're ready to get pooped on a bit next week at the Emirates.

They do this five times a season; score five, six, seven, everyone suddenly gets their hopes up and then they get fucked in the skull for the next few games.

GorillaJu

So United are putting 10m down payment, 5m in add-ons AND putting in a sell-on deal for Palace, AND loaning him back to them for the rest of the season?

Goodness me that's good negotiation!

kharma45

Is it Fulham in the cup or league?

Cup:

DDG
Jones - Smalling - Evans - Evra
Valencia - Anderson - Scholes - Nani
Kagawa
Hernandez

League

DDG
Rafael - Rio - Ferdinand - Evra
Cleverley - Carrick - Anderson
Kagawa
Rooney - van Persie

Cup.

I better get out of work on time.

Wilbur

Banned
So United are putting 10m down payment, 5m in add-ons AND putting in a sell-on deal for Palace, AND loaning him back to them for the rest of the season?

Goodness me that's good negotiation!

10m would be a swell price for him; I wouldn't even mind loaning him back because he'll get far more game time there. If we don't sell one of our wingers next year I wouldn't even mind seeing if he could handle the Premier League next year if Palace get promoted.

But 15m is a fucking lot for one young, raw motherfucker. Suppose we spent 30m on Rooney, 18m on Jones, etc. Eh. He'll come up trumps, I'm sure.

This is the 5th time we've scored 5 or more at the Emirates this season. That's incredible.

Exactly, its a great stat, but some dumb people will ignore the rest of the problems and then moan again when they 'miraculously' reappear in the next game.

Mind you, it is fucking Liverpool.

Yep yep yep yep yep. All he had to do was get the ref's attention and point at him, he took it too far.

In theory yes, in practice that isn't going to happen he wants to get the ball as quick as possible as every second seems important when really it's not going to make a difference

Anyway this subject is kind of dull already, lets hope someone else does something ridiculous this weekend

Hixx

In theory yes, in practice that isn't going to happen he wants to get the ball as quick as possible as every second seems important when really it's not going to make a difference

Anyway this subject is kind of dull already, lets hope someone else does something ridiculous this weekend

This should last as long as Evra and Suarez imo

Wilbur

Banned

MICHAEL APPLETON STABS FAN WITH CLUB SHOP FORK

10m would be a swell price for him; I wouldn't even mind loaning him back because he'll get far more game time there. If we don't sell one of our wingers next year I wouldn't even mind seeing if he could handle the Premier League next year if Palace get promoted.

But 15m is a fucking lot for one young, raw motherfucker. Suppose we spent 30m on Rooney, 18m on Jones, etc. Eh. He'll come up trumps, I'm sure.

Exactly, its a great stat, but some dumb people will ignore the rest of the problems and then moan again when they 'miraculously' reappear in the next game.

Mind you, it is fucking Liverpool.
We're paying £10m for him.

Handling the PL is the very least I would expect.

Smeghead

I think there is a big difference between football players time wasting and a cunt on the sidelines trying to bury the ball with his stomach.

Time wasting (holding the ball in a corner) is fair game and a genuine tactic. It might not be pleasant but it's absolutely valid.

A ball boy's job is simple, and he shouldn't interfere with the game at all. He is a cunt.

I'm not surprised at the fee though.

Arsenal paid similar amounts for Oxlade and Walcott. Although those fees will probably never be maxed out since Arsenal don't and won't win anything.

Wilbur

Banned
I'm not surprised at the fee though.

Arsenal paid similar amounts for Oxlade and Walcott. Although those fees will probably never be maxed out since Arsenal don't and won't win anything.

:lol

Well we have shown precedent for paying for youth before; like I say, £30m on Rooney, £18m on De Gea and Jones, £10m for Smalling, £12m for Ronaldo. If he's half as good as the former or the latter, I'll be delighted

AOC was £5m with £5m add-ons, and iirc Walcott was £9.1m.
Quick google has all major sources reporting Ox at £10-£15m.

Walcott was £9.1m you're right. Although wasnt that done even before he turned professional?

Don't think this deal is much more inflated considering generally transfer fees are on the way up.

Still far too much mind, I expect him to be at least as good as Walcott is now and tbh I'd be surprised if that happens.

Salvadora

Quick google has all major sources reporting Ox at £10-£15m.

Walcott was £9.1m you're right. Although wasnt that done even before he turned professional?

Don't think this deal is much more inflated considering generally transfer fees are on the way up.

Still far too much mind, I expect him to be at least as good as Walcott is now and tbh I'd be surprised if that happens.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/aug/08/alex-oxlade-chamberlain-arsenal
Guardian is saying £5m with £5m add-ons. Walcott's deal was initially £5m I believe, with more depending on appearances for club & country which could add up to £12m but they compromised at £9.1m in 2008.

Top Bottom