• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT12| Kicked the Ballboy Like Stan Hit Ulrika

FuturusX

Do people still think Mumei is a lady :lol

It's the internet. Doesn't matter to me. Say you're girl you're a girl. You say your human right? Even with the flimsy evidence I take you for your word. Because well, it doesn't really matter. Everybody just words on a screen...right. Well except Morsel he's something else.

K1LLER7

Graham Hunter ‏@BumperGraham
#marca going with huge story front page in morning. Claim senior players inc #Casillas & #Ramos told President: Mou goes in summer or we do

I'd take Ramos. Class player but can be a bit of a cunt at times.

Wilbur

Banned
Well we literally have the complete opposite opinion in this situation.

And I wholly disagree with the idea that Hazard's a cunt; as I say, the act of playing football, especially at this level, is enough to distort the decisions that one makes. Naive, perhaps, but cunt? Nope. Again, I don't level the same treatment at the young man because of the tweet suggesting he fully intended to do what he did, and also that he hadn't been running around for 75 minutes prior.

So a Bradford City player takes the ball into the corner flag in the 90th minute having said to himself before the game "if we're up by then, I'm wasting time", and does so. Is he a cunt?

I accept the situation is different because he's playing the game, but fuck me if the motivation isn't just to hold on to their lead and let the referee see fit to add time or not; which he wouldn't in this hypothetical situation, but would have in the Hazard one.

Arnie

Anyway, going to bed, another substantial day of revision tomorrow.

Fully expect to find a tweet from Kermit on my phone from some ungodly hour calling me something overwhelmingly derogative for the opinion I hold.

Fully expect to find a tweet from Kermit on my phone from some ungodly hour calling me something overwhelmingly derogative for the opinion I hold.
Hahaha.

How I know that feeling. Wake up, look at phone, curse.

Clegg

City have jumped to 7th in the world in revenue. £50m more than Liverpool this year gone.

That's amazing. Says alot about City's commercial push and also about Liverpool's undervaluing (although the Etihad deal is hardly fair it's still there).

I still can't believe United are going to receive $559m from Chevrolet.

That's daylight robbery.

Wilbur

Banned

Usually takes a few to calm him down, but yep that's normally his opening gambit

3Sixty

You know you've been watching too much burn notice when you suddenly start thinking "When your a spy..." at random moments in life.

FuturusX

Question: Was it clear that he was trying to kick the boy or was he trying to free the ball and kick the boy by mistake. If he's smart, and the video evidence is subjective he'll go with that version.

But how does it look? Intentional. From the GIFs it looks like a case could be made either way.

GorillaJu

LOL Eden Hazard kicked a ball boy! Then was sent off for HAZARDous behavior.

The ball boy is on Twitter, too. Some bullshit about being the "king of all ball boys" what a twat.

Fraugson's comment: "He could have been #killed."

Wilbur

Banned
LOL Eden Hazard kicked a ball boy! Then was sent off for HAZARDous behavior.

The ball boy is on Twitter, too. Some bullshit about being the "king of all ball boys" what a twat.

Fraugson's comment: "He could have been #killed."

DC already posted all this originally, bro

Spartak have offered us 15 million for Denisov and are offering him after-tax wages of 4 million a year and a 5 million signing bonus.

Oh Spartak, no matter who you buy, you'll always remain shit.

Question: Was it clear that he was trying to kick the boy or was he trying to free the ball and kick the boy by mistake. If he's smart, and the video evidence is subjective he'll go with that version.

But how does it look? Intentional. From the GIFs it looks like a case could be made either way.
I think he was definitely trying to kick the ball, don't think for even a second he tried to kick the LAD.

Ezi0

So a Bradford City player takes the ball into the corner flag in the 90th minute having said to himself before the game "if we're up by then, I'm wasting time", and does so. Is he a cunt?

I accept the situation is different because he's playing the game, but fuck me if the motivation isn't just to hold on to their lead and let the referee see fit to add time or not; which he wouldn't in this hypothetical situation, but would have in the Hazard one.

There's time wasting and then there is lying on top of the ball. If a player did the latter they would concede a foul.

Wilbur

Banned
There's time wasting and then there is lying on top of the ball. If a player did the latter they would concede a foul.

They would indeed, and they might get a yellow card and there would be some added on time. But it is just that; time wasting. What else would the boy get? He might be suspended from a game or two for doing it, but what else can the referee do but add time on? Hazard's actions were completely unnecessary.

Wilbury nailed it. If time wasting makes you a cunt then every professional footballer from the last 20 years is a cunt. There isn't a player who hasn't either exaggerated an injury to waste time, dallied over taking a set piece to eat up a few seconds, or strolled off the pitch when being substituted instead of jogging or running. Not to mention taking it to the corner. Time wasting is a part of the game. You might not like it but it happens. And clubs brief ballboys off the record to hold onto the ball for longer in scenarios where it betters them. Everything in football is about trying to find tiny little advantages to push the odds in your favour And so what, the boy brags on Twitter? Teenage boys talk shit all the time. I'm glad I didn't have FB or Twitter when I was growing up as I'd almost certainly have put stupid things on there that I'd later regret.

GorillaJu

Hazard kicks ball boy, Cantona kicks crowd member, Cabaye has spat with ball boy. Fucking French speaking foreigners ruining the valiant and righteous English game.

Ezi0

They would indeed, and they might get a yellow card and there would be some added on time. But it is just that; time wasting. What else would the boy get? He might be suspended from a game or two for doing it, but what else can the referee do but add time on? Hazard's actions were completely unnecessary.

A kick to the ribs ;).

It's just like any other foul; time being added on. The kid was an outside entity effecting the flow of the game. He should have stuck to his job and not been a prat. He got what was coming to him.

FuturusX

Hazard kicks ball boy, Cantona kicks crowd member, Cabaye has spat with ball boy. Fucking French speaking foreigners improving the valiant and righteous English game.

Fixed.

Seen it all today.

Hazard kicks a ball boy in annoyance...

Nintendo throws us a bone by announcing a bloom'd HD promise of a Wind Waker remake so we'll forget about the real Zelda sequel on WiiU ( Why did I buy this thing?)

RE4 is not a good game apparently

Arsenal score 4 goals after I mock them on skype

FootballFan

For his birthday the controversy was on someone else for once

For Suarez' birthday the footballing god(Messi) granted his one wish to be out-cunted for once in his life.

Hazard was the one picked. Unfortunately Suarez still is the main topic of discussion, as always.

feel

Today is Suarez's birthday :O
i7czByJT8DHpg.jpg

GorillaJu

we'd invite Arnie and Kyoufu 'n show them countless united formations

(3 hours of discussion over whether Rooney should be the 1 in a 4-4-1-1 or a 2 in a 4-4-2)

"BUT WHO CARES FERGUS IS JUST GONNA PLAY GIGGS AND SCHOLES ANYWAY AMIRITE GUYS?"

Everyone laughs and sips their tea.

Arnie and Kyoufu's screams are muffled by their duct tape gags.

Everyone laughs again.

Clegg

(3 hours of discussion over whether Rooney should be the 1 in a 4-4-1-1 or a 2 in a 4-4-2)

"BUT WHO CARES FERGUS IS JUST GONNA PLAY GIGGS AND SCHOLES ANYWAY AMIRITE GUYS?"

Everyone laughs again.
Nylon rope, motherfucker.

FootballFan

Everyone laughs again.

"Who is a bigger star, Rooney, Aguero, Cazorla or Tevez?!" would be the longest discussion

Top Bottom