• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT12| Kicked the Ballboy Like Stan Hit Ulrika

Arnie

I've not seen an Inter match this season where they haven't counter attacked. Game against Torini should be a good spectacle, in that regard. Want to see how they handle a game that they're expected to dominate.

Zabojnik

Are you that cash-strapped?

We're certainly not rolling in cash right now, but seeing how we blew 200M€+ in the last three years, I'd say cash isn't the (only) problem. Marotta just doesn't seem to have a 'plan B' when it comes to strikers. He spends months and months going after the ones that are next to impossible to get and then switches to the 'safe choice' in the last days of the transfer window.

Please stop filling my head with worthless info about a Mancini branded watch dc. I'm trying to save space for antibiotic mechanisms so that I may one day save the world.

Arnie

Please stop filling my head with worthless info about a Mancini branded watch dc. I'm trying to save space for antibiotic mechanisms so that I may one day save the world.

I'm brainstorming political correctness.

This is brilliant...

BBeRMIrCEAEictD.jpg

arkon

Just so people understand how Marotta operates:

First season (tried to sign -> -> -> actually signed):

Summer transfer window:

Dzeko -------> Benzema -------> Di Natale ----------> Quagliarella

Winter transfer window:

Dzeko -------> Luca Toni -------> Floro Flores -------> Matri

Second season

Summer transfer window:

Aguero -------> Dzeko -------> Vucinic

Winter transfer window:

Dzeko -------> Floccari -------> Borriello

Third and current season

Summer transfer window:

Van Persie -------> Cavani -------> Suarez -------> Jovetic -------> Berbatov -------> Bendtner

Winter transfer window:

Drogba -------> Lisandro Lopez -------> Anelka

TRAGIC, JUST TRAGIC.

Oh dear. This explains so much.

Salvadora

We're certainly not rolling in cash right now, but seeing how we blew 200M€+ in the last three years, I'd say cash isn't the (only) problem. Marotta just doesn't seem to have a 'plan B' when it comes to strikers. He spends months and months going after the ones that are next to impossible to get and then switches to the 'safe choice' in the last days of the transfer window.

It's just so strange that a club like Juventus finds it so difficult to find an appropriate striker. You wrote that Van Persie was the top target in the summer yet Wenger said you failed to put in an acceptable bid (£11m wasn't it?), it just doesn't make sense considering your need to fill that position.

It's just so strange that a club like Juventus finds it so difficult to find an appropriate striker. You wrote that Van Persie was the top target in the summer yet Wenger said you failed to put in an acceptable bid (£11m wasn't it?), it just doesn't make sense considering your need to fill that position.

Yeah. They'll win the league regardless, but I think it'll cost them a reasonable shot at the CL

Timurid

You have to remember that to refs in the ucl cost a lot.

feel

I enjoy DC's posts. Wish more people would post random stuff related to what is going on with their clubs personalities like that. What is Torres up to during the week, watching youtube comps of his time at liverpool while sobbing into a pillow? Did Cristiano post something on instagram? Who is Terry banging this afternoon...

bjaelke

So it seems that Real Madrid are actually looking for a replacement keeper in this window.

LOS POSIBLES CANDIDATOS

Handanovic. Equipo: Inter. Edad: 28. País: Eslovenia. Clásico estilo de los porteros del Este. Mucha envergadura, muy sobrio. Una muy buena temporada en el Udinese que le valió para irse al Inter. Algo irregular en la temporada, pero es un portero con experiencia.

Julio César, QPR, 33, Brasil. Ha recuperado un gran momento de forma después de un gran bajón de forma en el Inter. Decisivo con Mourinho en el año del triplete en el Inter. Ha vuelto a ser convocado por la selección brasileña. Durante un par de años rivalizó con Iker como mejor portero del momento.

Rui Patricio, Sporting, 24, Portugal. Es el mejor portero portugués de los últimos tiempos. Mucha experiencia en el Sporting. Muy ágil y podría ser uno de los elegidos. Entra en la quiniela al ser representado por Mendes.

Brkic, Udinese, 26, Serbia. Similar a Handanovic. Excelente en los balones por alto. Es el titular con la selección serbia. Es el portero de la Serie A más en forma del momento. Ha vuelto al Udinese tras su cesión en el Siena.

Ter Stegen, Monchengladbach, 20, Alemania. Capaz de hacer paradas inverosímiles. Incluso, más regular que Neuer, a veces le ha quitado el puesto. Es el portero alemán con más futuro. Es una opción para el Barça como sustituto de Valdés.

Adler, Hamburgo, 28, Alemania. Muy buena temporada en el Hamburgo. El mejor de un equipo con muchos problemas. No ha terminado de consolidarse en la selección alemana. Bastante regular. Llegó este año del Leverkusen.

Stekelenburg, Roma, 30, Holanda. Ha tenido problemas en el Roma. Relegado a la suplencia por el uruguayo Goicochea, sigue siendo un portero excepcional. Indiscutible en la selección holandesa. Disputó la fi nal del Mundial ante España.

Akinfeev, CSKA, 26, Rusia. Una larga lesión le impidió jugar ante el Madrid en Champions. Desde hace años es el gran portero ruso por refl ejos y personalidad. 56 veces internacional. Mucha experiencia. Nivel asegurada.

http://futbol.as.com/futbol/2013/01/25/primera/1359078475_438944.html

Mastadon

Banned
I enjoy DC's posts. Wish more people would post random stuff related to what is going on with their clubs personalities like that. What is Torres up to during the week, watching youtube comps of his time at liverpool while sobbing into a pillow? Did Cristiano post something on instagram? Who is Terry banging this afternoon...

This. DC is a credit to the thread. Fuck you haters.

Was Ronaldinho better than Zidane? Was Ronaldinho in his prime the most talented footballer ever?

I would put Zidane ahead of him in hindsight, but Ronaldinho at his prime was arguably the most skilful and entertaining pro. He could have been the best if he maintained it. At his prime, he was better than Messi in my opinion

As good as Henderson and Cleverly are, Wilshere is the only English midfielder who will definitely be in the national team in 5 years' time. Do we have any DMs coming through?

I think Wilshere already is the first name on the team sheet when it comes to midfielders. I think he's already made the starting XI

FootballFan

Guys it looks like Roura doesn't have massive balls, like we said, for subbing off Messi.

Messi had a little knock and asked to come off.

Salvadora

I agree. I'd take dc's posts over United formations any day.

Clegg

Zabojnik

I'm sure it was quite a bit more than £11M, but still. The funny thing is that we spent £30m on Asamoah and Isla. And thank the gods for that, at least for Awesomoah (the jury is still out on Isla), but it's still an odd transfer stategy, when you've declared that your top target is a world-class striker.

I'm happy for Llorente, but why Anelka? It makes no sense at all.

You have to remember that to refs in the ucl cost a lot.

<3

Bumhead

Banned
We've added to our signing of Leroy Lita by signing Danny Pugh on loan from Leeds.

Helan has gone to Watford though *sadface*, although Jones has said others might follow from City so lets hope its that Lopes lad.

In other news Robbie Fowler is training with us. Err, lol?

I've been very impressed with Cleverley's performances over the last few months. He's improved as he's gotten a more consistent run of games.
He's had a good 2 months.

Needs to turn that into a good season.

I'm just glad Fergie has been picking him and playing him regularly, including the big games.

Top Bottom