• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT12| Kicked the Ballboy Like Stan Hit Ulrika

3Sixty

They show that Schneiderlin has made 162 tackles and interceptions this season, more than any other player across the five major leagues of Europe.

He also tops the average number of tackles made per game for any outfield player in the Premier League with 4.1 while an average of 3.3 interceptions per match puts him fifth in the top flight.

:bow

We did tbf. Think he'll end up being well worth it

In todays market, thats the price for English players.

I don't think you'd make much of a loss on him if any, I'm sure City would pay you £20m.

Unfortunate but that's the way smaller clubs are going to survive, by the bigger clubs vastly overspending to fill quotas and look good.

Newcastle don't give a fuck about anyone, they're just trying to fund Ligue 1 to make it more interest for their scouts to watch.

Arnie

Not long ago scousers where complaining that they overpaid at £18m.
I didn't, ever.

Always seen the potential in him, and I'd never make the Lucas mistake twice. Carroll is a different matter, because I've never seen the potential. Think Shogun has it spot on...
I'm completely serious when I say I believe Henderson could become a key player for us and end up looking good value seeing as he could be with us for another decade.
Agree.

Nothing but positive about Henderson's future. Over the next couple of years he'll evolve to become one of the league's best in his position. Book it. Come at me, etc, ad infinitum.

Probably a foolish comment but when I see him play he convinces me more and more of his talent.

Tc91

Doesn't excuse the fact he's standing like a lightpost instead of getting into a defensive stance, if he doesn't feel like pressing. Putting his hands on his hips is just retarded as a response to Neymar being a twat. It's embarrassing.

He knows he's the best in that shit league but he'll be the best winger in the world at Barca.

Clegg

I've been very impressed with Cleverley's performances over the last few months. He's improved as he's gotten a more consistent run of games.

madmackem

I didn't, ever.

Always seen the potential in him, and I'd never make the Lucas mistake twice. Carroll is a different matter, because I've never seen the potential. Think Shogun has it spot on...

Agree.

Nothing but positive about Henderson's future. Over the next couple of years he'll evolve to become one of the league's best in his position. Book it. Come at me, etc, ad infinitum.

Probably a foolish comment but when I see him play he convinces me more and more of his talent.

Best thing about henderson is he is 100% about the football, the pressure he had here was huge we werent playing well at times and he was the hope the young lad from the streets of sunderland. I always thought it didnt matter where he went in the future he would never have as much pressure as he had here so early which would hold him in good steed for the future.

As good as Henderson and Cleverly are, Wilshere is the only English midfielder who will definitely be in the national team in 5 years' time. Do we have any DMs coming through?

arkon

He knows he's the best in that shit league but he'll be the best winger in the world at Barca.

I'd have to see him playing more regulary in one of the top European leagues before I'd say anything more definite. He's clearly got the talent though.

Neymar won't have the space or time to do half the shit he does. He will be down to Di Maria levels when he plays in Europe.

Still a great player.

ShogunX

Agree.

Makes me ill to think we tried to give him to Fulham (not sure if this was Rodgers, Ayre or the Yanks) for Clint Dempsey. What an absolute travesty that would of been.

Zabojnik

Yeah, it looks like the Anelka (or Abdul-Salam Bilal, if you prefer) deal is going through. Kill me, kill me now.

WHAT ARE WE DOING.

Meier

Looks like Watford want to buy Jeremy Helan from us. He looked good in the preseason but he probably won't see the first team for some time (especially while Aleks is around and Zaba can cover LB) so I say let him go as long as there is a nice sell-on fee included.

Arnie

Best thing about henderson is he is 100% about the football, the pressure he had here was huge we werent playing well at times and he was the hope the young lad from the streets of sunderland. I always thought it didnt matter where he went in the future he would never have as much pressure as he had here so early which would hold him in good steed for the future.
Aye, he's one of those players who breathes footy, and thinks about his career from an early age. He doesn't really party, or drink, and his attitude's brilliant in that he appreciates the coaching side of his game.

Interesting point about the pressure, Henderson's one of the players who hasn't really been affected by big game pressure. Look how Allen bottled it against United the other week, and compare it to how Henderson's done in the bigger fixtures. When he came on at Anfield last season he was fantastic, and should've won us the game, had the finishing been better from Carroll.
As good as Henderson and Cleverly are, Wilshere is the only English midfielder who will definitely be in the national team in 5 years' time. Do we have any DMs coming through?
I agree that Wilshere is streets ahead of them, but I think, depending on the system, it'll be Henderson, Cleverley, and Shelvey fighting it out alongside for a regular spot. And at the moment I'd tip Cleverley for a spot; obviously things change rapidly in football when it concerns young players. In a year we could be talking about McEachran, or Shelvey could've bombed on.
Makes me ill to think we tried to give him to Fulham (not sure if this was Rodgers, Ayre or the Yanks) for Clint Dempsey. What an absolute travesty that would of been.
Same.

It's absolutely ridiculous, and I'm just thankful that Henderson had the bollocks to tell them no, and to fight for his place. Because he's good enough. He's made our midfield tick when he's played this season.

I agree that Wilshere is streets ahead of them, but I think, depending on the system, it'll be Henderson, Cleverley, and Shelvey fighting it out alongside for a regular spot. And at the moment I'd tip Cleverley for a spot; obviously things change rapidly in football when it concerns young players. In a year we could be talking about McEachran, or Shelvey could've bombed on.

Whether its 2 or 3 in the middle, Wilshere and Cleverly/Henderson/McRatedbasedonnothing/Shelvey will need someone behind them. Unless we turn Henderson into a Lucas-lite, which would be a shame in a way.

I honestly can't think of a single good English DM other than Parker (assuming he gets back to his level

pulga

Banned
Oh, Juventus.

Juventus really are skint.

Oh, Liverpool

£35 million
images

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
So we're still being linked with Hooper....really don't think we want him and its just media crap.

I'd be happy with Diame and then maybe a loan striker to act as cover. Other than that, hopefully everyone stays. Apart from Gomes, Jenas and Bentley.

Diame would be a useful player in Sandro's absence. When Huddlestone is playing without Dembele next to him, there is a serious lack of energy without Sandro, Diame would bring that. I still think he's a bit raw but I'd have him over Livermore every day of the week. Being able to pick from Dembele, Parker, Huddlestone, Diame, Carroll and Livermore, plus potentially Holtby as well, would be decent.

I don't think Levy and AVB will let any of the first team leave except Livermore and the no-hopers.

Arnie

Whether its 2 or 3 in the middle, Wilshere and Cleverly/Henderson/McRatedbasedonnothing/Shelvey will need someone behind them. Unless we turn Henderson into a Lucas-lite, which would be a shame in a way.

I honestly can't think of a single good English DM other than Parker (assuming he gets back to his level

I think Shelvey's physical enough to play the role, just needs to polish his tackling.

When he deputised for the injured Lucas against City this season he was brilliant.
Oh, Liverpool

£35 million
At least we try to spend money to improve our squad.

We've got Luis Suarez, you've got Anelka.

Good job.

Diame would be a useful player in Sandro's absence. When Huddlestone is playing without Dembele next to him, there is a serious lack of energy without Sandro, Diame would bring that. I still think he's a bit raw but I'd have him over Livermore every day of the week. Being able to pick from Dembele, Parker, Huddlestone, Diame, Carroll and Livermore, plus potentially Holtby as well, would be decent.

I don't think Levy and AVB will let any of the first team leave except Livermore and the no-hopers.

Yep for £3.5m would be an excellent addition, it'd mean for £3.5m we've added a good dm and cam/lm back up/potential starter! Would then free up more money for strikers in the summer.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Wait, we've bid for Coutinho? That makes no sense, we can't go hoarding players. We need to a third striker, a central midfielder plus Holtby.

Zabojnik

Just so people understand how Marotta operates:

First season (tried to sign -> -> -> actually signed):

Summer transfer window:

Dzeko -------> Benzema -------> Di Natale ----------> Quagliarella

Winter transfer window:

Dzeko -------> Luca Toni -------> Floro Flores -------> Matri

Second season

Summer transfer window:

Aguero -------> Dzeko -------> Vucinic

Winter transfer window:

Dzeko -------> Floccari -------> Borriello

Third and current season

Summer transfer window:

Van Persie -------> Cavani -------> Suarez -------> Jovetic -------> Berbatov -------> Bendtner

Winter transfer window:

Drogba -------> Lisandro Lopez -------> Anelka

TRAGIC, JUST TRAGIC.

pulga

Banned

Summer transfer window:

Winter transfer window:

Second season

Summer transfer window:

Winter transfer window:

Third and current season

Summer transfer window:

Van Persie -------> Cavani -------> Suarez -------> Jovetic -------> Berbatov -------> Bendtner

Winter transfer window:

TRAGIC, JUST TRAGIC.

Im going to go lie down now. The one I bolded is certainly the most tragic of them all.

ShogunX

Summer transfer window:

Winter transfer window:

Second season

Summer transfer window:

Winter transfer window:

Third and current season

Summer transfer window:

Winter transfer window:

TRAGIC, JUST TRAGIC.

image.php

Arnie

Ferguson just sounds ill. Like, properly ill. Like, out of breath, struggling for life, ill.

Still got enough energy in him to activate cunt mode, though.

dc89

You are looking at the Richard Mille RM11-01.

AUTOMATIC FLYBACK CHRONOGRAPH RM 11-01 ROBERTO MANCINI

The former footballer Roberto Mancini has an impressive list of titles to his credit. As a player, he won the Italian championships six times, was voted Player of the Year in the Italian league twice, was twice part of the winning European Cup Winners’ Cup team and also lifted the UEFA Super Cup. Given this exceptional career, it was only natural for Roberto Mancini to turn manager and, in 2009, he took the mighty Manchester City team under his wing, guiding them to victory in this year’s Premier League. Roberto Mancini’s personality won Richard Mille over immediately: an unrivalled tactician, he shines with his inventiveness and elegance on the pitch. A true gentleman of football, he is the very image of the brand: refined, technically brilliant and creative. The RM 11-01 was designed especially for this new Richard Mille partner.

During a football match, both halves, extra time and stoppage time are all nerve-wracking periods for a manager. Tactics are decided according to the remaining match time, and strategies can lead to either victory or defeat. Roberto Mancini was looking for an ultra-technical instrument to assist him not only during matches, but especially during extra time, when the remaining minutes are no longer displayed to the players or their manager. It is a moment of intense anxiety for the latter, who no longer has any match-specific temporal reference points.

Richard Mille chose to collaborate with Roberto Mancini on the creation of the RM 11-01. Equipped with the caliber RMAC1, this timepiece offers an annual calendar, a flyback chronograph with central minutes counter and a dial divided into periods of play. Although its operation appears extremely simple, in reality it is unique in watchmaking. The dial displays match time on the basis of two 45-minute halves and up to 15 minutes of stoppage time. Pressing the pusher at 4 o’clock once actuates the flyback function and repositions the hand at 12 o’clock, ready to start the second half. If extra time is awarded, the flyback function can be reactuated so that the watch shows the 15 minutes of extra match time and up to 5 minutes of stoppage time.

The case of the RM 11-01 reproduces the celebrated design of the RM 011. It is tonneau shaped and made in three parts from grade 5 titanium and has Nitril O-ring seals that make it water-resistant to 50 metres.

It is assembled using 20 spline screws, also in grade 5 titanium, and with wear-resistant 316L steel washers. Completing this extremely ergonomic case required 420 hours of design work and over 200 machining operations.

For the Manchester City manager, the RM 11-01 Roberto Mancini is the ideal instrument for following a match and choosing the best strategies for victory.

Richard Mille are a sponsor of City. UnitedGAF can keep all those tyre manufacturers, this is where the real stuff is. /PR

it's a cool watch, but it's hideously expensive. Apparently it retails for around $128,000

Salvadora

Summer transfer window:

Winter transfer window:

Second season

Summer transfer window:

Winter transfer window:

Third and current season

Summer transfer window:

Winter transfer window:

TRAGIC, JUST TRAGIC.

Are you that cash-strapped?

Top Bottom