• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT13| This title has been fixed

All the "Chepo must be fired" posts are short-sighted. You can't call for his head after this is only the first official match he hasn't won.

Balance to the universe.

Yeah, but the team has played like shit since several matches ago.

Edit: Brazil was in a similar situation, they won most of their matches with Menezes but the team played like shit

Lol. I'm a whore. No big deal, my love

osTsDaS.jpg

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Yeah, but the team has played like shit since several matches ago.
I'd argue this started happening when he bowed to pressure and started playing with two strikers. The team already had a system and he's been trying to fix it for no reason whatsoever.

As for the Brazil comparison, I can see where you are coming from, but Mexico has never had a historical obligation to play a certain style of football, much less when we have accomplished nothing of importance at the senior level. I am okay with playing to win instead of to entertain as long as it gets us results. Last time we played spectacular football we ended up losing against Portugal's subs and then choking against Argentina in the following match.

Nesotenso

so what was wrong with Mexico ? finishing again ? Did Jamaica look remotely threatening with those England based players as reinforcements ?

I'd argue this started happening when he bowed to pressure and started playing with two strikers. The team already had a system and he's been trying to fix it for no reason whatsoever.

As for the Brazil comparison, I can see where you are coming from, but Mexico has never had a historical obligation to play a certain style of football, much less when we have accomplished nothing of importance at the senior level. I am okay with playing to win instead of to entertain as long as it gets us results. Last time we played spectacular football we ended up losing against Portugal's subs and then choking against Argentina in the following match.
Yeah, but this "playing to win" system won't get Mexico anywhere in the WC. This system only works with shitty CONCACAF teams and no-name european teams.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
so what was wrong with Mexico ? finishing again ? Did Jamaica look remotely threatening with those England based players as reinforcements ?
No urgency in play, players playing out of position (Guardado as a DM what the hell?), the two strikers constantly running into each other, lack of play through the middle, predictability through the wings, home crowd turning against the team, old farts like Salcido getting started despite all evidence pointing to their retirement, etcetera.
Yeah, but this "playing to win" system won't get Mexico anywhere in the WC. This system only works with shitty CONCACAF teams and no-name european teams.
You know who I want for the next cycle? Luis Fernando Tena. I'm serious here.

Lightning

Banned
I will be watching the Sakho situation with a certain interest. We may have a good chance at landing him with PSG's interest in Sagna well known. We may be able to work an agreeable deal here since I think Wenger does want rid of Sagna, I see no other reason why we would offer such a pathetic 1 year contract to a seasoned french international.

We need to gualify for the CL first and foremost though. I can't see him joining an Europa league club if he leaves PSG.

He's one of the few french players I rate really highly. I would love him at Arsenal.

No urgency in play, players playing out of position (Guardado as a DM what the hell?), the two strikers constantly running into each other, lack of play through the middle, predictability through the wings, home crowd turning against the team, old farts like Salcido getting started despite all evidence pointing to their retirement, etcetera.

You know who I want for the next cycle? Luis Fernando Tena. I'm serious here.

Tena sucks at the senior levels. Vucetich or Piojo would be better choices

pulga

Banned
This is the first time weve had 3 points against the US at home. Im fucking stoked. These assholes better not choke, like back in 2005.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Tena sucks at the senior levels. Vucetich or Piojo would be better choices
Tena is the last coach who has taken América to a final and the last coach to make Cruz Azul a champion. He's had shitty teams to manage otherwise.

Vucetich is just as conservative as Chepo. I'd like to see Piojo though.
I love it when you are frustrated.
I'm watching anime to keep my blood levels down.

Tena is the last coach who has taken América to a final and the last coach to make Cruz Azul a champion. He's had shitty teams to manage otherwise.

Vucetich is just as conservative as Chepo. I'd like to see Piojo though.

I'm watching anime to keep my blood levels down.
There's also always the option to bring Aguirre once he gets fired from Espanyol

pulga

Banned
Wooo! Garcia's overhead kick just made #1 at ESPNs LA Top 10 goals. Cross from our CB, chested by the other CB and finished by the LB. <3

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
So any new shows you'd recommend? I've just realized I've completely neglected this season.
This season is awful. Go look at your backlog and watch something from there. I recommend Gunbuster: short and hot-blooded, with lots of titties and arse too.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Mi amigo Hondureño was happy as fuck. That was a great win. Damn, Colombia is so much better than Mexico. I love you Regulus, pero cómo te hace eso sentir?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Mi amigo Hondureño was happy as fuck. That was a great win. Damn, Colombia is so much better than Mexico. I love you Regulus, pero cómo te hace eso sentir?
I'm watching girls in leotards get on giant robots and start doing pushups on them. Pretty happy, actually.

Well footy-GAF, it's time for me to call it a night. It was a tortuous, grueling, most disappointing night only saved by creepy gifs and rampant homoeroticism. I love you all.

Top Bottom