• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT13| This title has been fixed

Nooo, don't let united have him! Can't the fans start a funding campaign for him? =P

Seeing how things are in Italy right now, I guess that's more plausible to see Berlusconi leaving right now, heading towards Eindhoven with briefcase with €20m in it and buying him than a Strootman kickstarter. :p

Or Berlusconi could be re-elected, raise taxes and buy him next summer with money from every football fan in Italy except the rossoneri. Even the Juve and Inter ones. Yes. That should do it.
There are people that actually think like this in Italy, no kidding.

Edit: goddamnit Zabo ._.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
De Foe ruled out for up to three weeks with ankle injury.

Eh, that's fine. It gives Ade a good run in the team and that's what we need, when Defoe isn't scoring it's like playing with 10 men. He's only scored one goal in the last couple of months. I'm much more excited to see Holtby and Adebayor together.

Ushojax

Younes Kaboul is back in training, his first session since August.

FUCK YEAH

Zabojnik

Well QPR did beat Chelsea. It's football.

But still, they shouldn't have any problem with Celtic if they play their normal game.

Fact is, for us to play a 'normal' game, two things have to happen. First, we need all our starting XI players, which we already know isn't going to be the case here. At the very least, we'll be without Chiellini and Asamoah, both very, very, very important players defense-wise. Second, we need to be at least at 80% form-wise, as our playing style is based almost entirely on balance, pace and endurance. We don't have the star power other teams do. We don't run -> we play like shit -> we lose. It's as simple as that. We have no Van Persie, Messi, C. Ronaldo, Ibra or who have you to hang on to in case things take the wrong turn. And we've been pretty shit for the past month, so that's not very comforting. At all.

So, yeah, that's the reality of it. It's not (fake) pessimism or anything. I'm actually very optimistic about our chances, but it's far from a 'done deal'.

GorillaJu

Sadly I could really see United going after Wilshere. He'd be excellent, exactly the type of player they need. Thankfully I don't think that'll happen. He'll be at Arsenal at least until Fargus retires and at that point the appeal to join will be severely diminished.

United really ought to sign Wilshere this summer. Time for him to flourish at the top level.

It depends on Arsenal. If they slip out of the top four and CL football consistently, I could see him leaving eventually. By then, there might not be space in United's midfield though, and he could just as easily go to City, Chelsea or Spain.

Strootman and Wanyama this summer plz, Frogson.

Ushojax

Tottenham Hotspur goalkeeper Hugo Lloris has been voted the best French player of 2012 by the country's Federation of National Associations of Blues Supporters.

the-rock-clapping.gif

Wilshere will leave Arsenal in the end.

They will drop out of the CL soon. I think it's this year and if Spurs and Liverpool are smart they'll lock Arsenal out and make sure they don't get back to the CL for a good few years.

Jack can probably tolerate not winning anything but hell want to be playing at the top level.

I don't think he'll leave anytime soon. But eventually.

bud23

United really ought to sign Wilshere this summer. Time for him to flourish at the top level.

Wilshere signed a deal until 2017 in december last year (£80,000 a week), and after the RVP thing, this would be fucking frustrating for Arsenal fans. Anyway, at the end of the day what matters most is the loyalty of Wilshere, so.......

pappe

Wilshere signed a deal until 2017 in december last year (£80,000 a week), and after the RVP thing, this would be fucking frustrating for Arsenal fans. Anyway, at the end of the day what matters most is the loyalty of Wilshere, so.......
Arsenal fans really should not count on the loyalty of their players especially after Cesc and RVP saga's. There is no such thing as loyalty in football these days. The agents have corrupted the players minds.

Arsenal fans really should not count on the loyalty of their players especially after Cesc and RVP saga's. There is no such thing as loyalty in football these days. The agents have corrupted the players minds.
Its not about loyalty anyways.

Arsenals players were loyal. They left because Arsenal were no longer a top team.

Not a single one of them left for money. They all left to play for better teams and to try and win things.

Same thing will happen with Wilshere in the end.

Yeah but Walcott. 100's of clubs were lining up for Walcott, a world class player with the world at his feet. But no, Walcott looked to his sense of loyalty and rejected all of those clubs baying for his signature. True loyalty exists yet.

Ushojax

Yeah but Walcott. 100's of clubs were lining up for Walcott. But no, Walcott looked to his sense of loyalty and rejected all of those clubs baying for his signature. True loyalty exists yet.

Boy he sure sent a message signing that 3 year contract. He'll leave in 18 months just like all the other players who want to win things, it happened with RVP, with Modric, with Mascherano, it happens to everybody who isn't winning the title.

Kyoufu

How much is Walcott on again? 100k per week?

What the hell.

I like him but that's an insane wage. Arsenal what are you doing?

Salazar

Matt Spiro ‏@mattspiro
Sagna cagey & cryptic when I asked him about #AFC future last night: "Lots of things have changed," he said. Didn't sound like a happy bunny

loooooool

I doubt he was genuinely "cryptic", tho. Your average footballer doesn't do riddles, badinage, etc.

heckfu

Banned
http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n119/yoshi2542/the-rock-clapping.gif[IMG]
Lloris, etc[/QUOTE]
Can't say I disagree.

[quote="Mumei, post: 47418003"]Yes. I would post more, myself, but I don't really feel like I have much to say and I prefer reading.[/QUOTE]

It's nice interacting with you in an actual thread than you receiving my dirty work lol

Ushojax

loooooool

I doubt he was genuinely "cryptic", tho. Your average footballer doesn't do riddles, badinage, etc.

I think most Arsenal fans have accepted that Sagna will leave. He's not playing very well and he's at the age where Wenger starts getting stingy with contracts.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Fact is, for us to play a 'normal' game, two things have to happen. First, we need all our starting XI players, which we already know isn't going to be the case here. At the very least, we'll be without Chiellini and Asamoah, both very, very, very important players defense-wise. Second, we need to be at least at 80% form-wise, as our playing style is based almost entirely on balance, pace and endurance. We don't have the star power other teams do. We don't run -> we play like shit -> we lose. It's as simple as that. We have no Van Persie, Messi, C. Ronaldo, Ibra or who have you to hang on to in case things take the wrong turn. And we've been pretty shit for the past month, so that's not very comforting. At all.

So, yeah, that's the reality of it. It's not (fake) pessimism or anything. I'm actually very optimistic about our chances, but it's far from a 'done deal'.

And here's something terrifying: Juve conceded 9 goals in the last 8 games, and most of them from the opposition's first shot on target.

If I had to bet, they all came from the left side.

Italy+v+Republic+Ireland+FIFA2010+World+Cup+-787I0Ertjrl.jpg

Top Bottom