• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT13| This title has been fixed

Salazar

Saw the Hobbit.

Man, Jackson needs to stop having characters leap from one toppling column-like object to another.

It's not something a respectable film-maker should repeat.

Good, tho. Cate Blanchett is ridiculously gorgeous.

Lightning

Banned
Salazar what did you make of Jack Wilshere's performance agsinst Brazil? It was fantastic I thought but I'm biased towards Jack.

Salazar

Salazar what did you make of Jack Wilshere's performance agsinst Brazil? It was fantastic I thought but I'm biased towards Jack.

I missed the match (snoozing) and have only seen highlights. Pretty impressive.

I thought beforehand that he should be as certain a starter for England as he is for Arsenal.

Wilshire was England's best player. He drove through midfield like Essien/Yaya Toure, he linked up with Rooney and picked the right balls for Walcott to run onto. First half Brazil controlled the midfield, Cleverly looked a bit overwhelmed. When he came off second half England controlled the midfield

FootballFan

Are you guys gonna call back Tebow cortouis?

Cech is only 30, I really don't know if Chelsea will get Thibaut Courtois back, or if they even need him for the next 6+ years.

He would be up there for my preferred Valdes replacements, though I'd rather do that Valdes <---> Neuer swap deal rumoured :lol

Sloosha

Cech is only 30, I really don't know if Chelsea will get Thibaut Courtois back, or if they even need him for the next 6+ years.

He would be up there for my preferred Valdes replacements, though I'd rather do that Valdes <---> Neuer swap deal rumoured :lol

That would be great.

heckfu

Banned
Does this thread always move this fast? Anyway, shitty day of football but I'm glad you folks were nice enough to have me and interact. Looking forward to being here more!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Slow day at work, the match sucked, so ...

goats2.png
Ahahaha :(

Does this thread always move this fast? Anyway, shitty day of football but I'm glad you folks were nice enough to have me and interact. Looking forward to being here more!

Its normally a lot slower between 2AM and 8AM UK time. Last night saw the return of Wilbury, and Mexico seemingly embarassing themselves, so it was a lot more active than usual.

Salsa

today's friendly was awful

but at least we got in U-20 and Brazil and Argentina didnt

suck it

also we got a guy in our team called Jim Morrison Varela guys

jim-morrison-varela-320x186.jpg

for real

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Celtic-Juventus will be the highest revenue generating game EVER to be played in Scotland.

-

Verratti: "For now I'm happy in France but returning to Italy & playing in the Serie A
Juve
remains a great desire."

Sorry Timurid.

confuziz

Banned
Strootman was beasting yesterday. Too bad Italy scored in the extra time, but the play was quite good against an experienced side.

Maher was exceptional too. PSV need to pick him up in the summer.

20 million for a young van Bommel (with maybe even more attacking qualities) doesn't seem like a bad investment!

I'm not saying that he's not worth that much, I mean, he definitely is one of the most promising CM out there. But I'm not sure if Galliani/Berlusconi are willing to pay that much for a CM: we (will) pay 20m for Balotelli and that's a huge investment for us, in the past few years we only spent that much for strikers (Ibra 24m, Robinho 18m, El Shaa 15m) while we went after players with expiring contracts/really cheap in other roles (Montolivo, Constant, Yepes, Acerbi, Van Bommel, Emanuelson and so on).

Sadly, that's how things goes here. Plus, Montolivo is really good now, after a bad first month he started playing how he knows and showed some great skills, I don't see him becoming a bench player and Strootz in our starting line-up, that would be a waste of money from Berlusconi point of view. Even if that would be awesome, under my (and many, many other rossoneri) point of view.

We definitely won't buy Strootman, trust me. We'll follow him for a while, make an offer then back off, just like we did with Witsel when Pirlo left.

confuziz

Banned
I'm not saying that he's not worth that much, I mean, he definitely is one of the most promising CM out there. But I'm not sure if Galliani/Berlusconi are willing to pay that much for a CM: we (will) pay 20m for Balotelli and that's a huge investment for us, in the past few years we only spent that much for strikers (Ibra 24m, Robinho 18m, El Shaa 15m) while we went after players with expiring contracts/really cheap in other roles (Montolivo, Constant, Yepes, Acerbi, Van Bommel, Emanuelson and so on).

Sadly, that's how things goes here. Plus, Montolivo is really good now, after a bad first month he started playing how he knows and showed some great skills, I don't see him becoming a bench player and Strootz in our starting line-up, that would be a waste of money from Berlusconi point of view. Even if that would be awesome, under my (and many, many other rossoneri) point of view.

We definitely won't buy Strootman, trust me. We'll follow him for a while, make an offer then back off, just like we did with Witsel when Pirlo left.

Nooo, don't let united have him! Can't the fans start a funding campaign for him? =P

Top Bottom