• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT14| Only Wilbury's belly is smoother than BAAAYEEERNs season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
I want us to wrap up the PL title as early as possible.

Hopefully City drop more points next week and United get past QPR. Then we can afford to rest the team before the Madrid match.

I think we'll both draw tbh. QPR have something about them at home right now where they just don't look like losing (or winning lol) and City-Chelsea will be a tight one. We rotate enough anyway so that a fair few will be rested. Happy birthday by the way! (I think it's today/yesterday). I would post my gif but I'm on my phone.

Just did a shit that actually smells like corn. Haven't eaten any tho

This game gets right in our Top 3 worst perfomances.....ever, i don't even want to give credit to Fiorentina since we were THAT BAD, we looked like a 3rd division side full of 43 years old playing with 8 men against Barcelona.
I don't get it, an all time record for 10 consecutive away wins from sep till nov and after that fucking game with Juve we lost 8 and tied 1 away, how is that even possible?
Prediction time: Fiore will start having problems in winning games again, probably even next week.
On the same day that Coutinho styled on his Liverpool debut.
Really happy for him and i hope he keeps doing well, his shooting is still crap though lol
And we pushed Ljajic out of the national team because he can't sing...
Ljajic suck, he's that kind of sega that can look like Messi, but only when he's playing against us, just like Emeghara, Rigoni, Rondon, Brandao and others did. Only 1 goal scored this season(before tonight).
So does Inter suck due to Milito's injury or do they just suck?
His injury certainly isn't helping since we only have two forwards and neither of them can play in the center, however, our biggest problems are:
1. Strama is confused as fuck and doesn't know what to do, changes our formation before every game and after almost a year of being our coach he never even decided how we should play other than "Pass it to Cassano/Guarin/Milito/Palacio for a counter attack".
2. We look really tired, seeing us walking so fucking slow while fiore's players were running all over the place was awful.
3. Some players aren't really good enough
anymore
to
start and
play
EVERY FUCKING GAME
for us, like Cambiasso(33), J. Zanetti(40), A. Pereira, Schelotto.....
4. Our best cb is injured ;_;
I do kind of feel sorry for adriano999, he doesn't deserve this.
<3

Wilbur

Banned
Liverpool players that would get into all teams besides Manchester sides:

Suarez
Johnson
Gerrard
Lucas (he's been reminiscent of his pre-injuries self lately)
Sturridge (let's be honest, he's fucking awesome. Just a little wasteful.)

And while players like Downing and Henderson aren't highly regarded, they are working very well as a team.

Suarez yes, Johnson yes. Gerrard most likely, Lucas most likely, Sturridge couldn't get into the Chelsea side and found himself behind Oscar/Mata/Torres/Hazard/Moses/Right Wing Ramires, but probably everywhere else.

But for best in the league status, it's only Suarez and Johnson. Gerrard is having a good season but I'd be hesitant to say best in the league. Haven't seen the game from today but Lucas hasn't particularly stood out when I have watched them. That's the point I suppose, but as solid as he is he isn't as good as he was last year from what I recall.

fuenf

Yeah the top teams are really close. What separates Barca and Bayern from the rest of the clubs is that both teams force you to play a certain style of football, tbh parking the bus & lucking out is certainly the best option for an opposing team.

I have to laugh, everytime I hear Arsenal fans talking about how Arsenal has to field certain players in order to dominate midfield. It's just not possible to dominate midfield against a team like Bayern or Barca, you just have to sit tight, close the spaces and hope to get them on the counter-attack (that's what Dortmund is doing masterfully against us).

Fry

Sturridge couldn't get into the Chelsea side and found himself behind Oscar/Mata/Torres/Hazard/Moses/Right Wing Ramires, but probably everywhere else.

Yeah, that's funny. Chelsea's in the losing end of this transfer in my opinion. Wasting time with Torres.

Messi

:lol :lol I was just going to name these two.

Btw, I thought it was Andres that supports Deportivo?

tumblr_m3db5qDgOa1rv6lnjo1_500.gif

He is going to lose his shit when he sees this.

==

My phone contract is up in April and I am sick of this fucking iphone 4. the lock button and home button are dodgy and it takes a few seconds to do anything. I am looking at getting a Galaxy s3. Should I? Is there an S4 I should wait for?

jtb

Banned
Liverpool players that would get into all teams besides Manchester sides:

Suarez
Johnson
Gerrard
Lucas (he's been reminiscent of his pre-injuries self lately)
Sturridge (let's be honest, he's fucking awesome. Just a little wasteful.)

And while players like Downing and Henderson aren't highly regarded, they are working very well as a team.

Suarez and Johnson, definitley.

Gerrard is getting old. Good player, but not quite the great he once was.
Lucas is quite good, but I think Spurs and Arsenal both have really strong midfields. Would I take him over any of Dembele/Sandro or Arteta/Wilshere? Probably not.
Sturridge: I'll believe it when I see it. Definitely talented but a bit of a greedy cunt. Also, Walcott > Sturridge.

Henderson can become a good player in time, not quite there yet. Downing... sorry, nope. :p

jtb

Banned
Yeah the top teams are really close. What separates Barca and Bayern from the rest of the clubs is that both teams force you to play a certain style of football, tbh parking the bus & lucking out is certainly the best option for an opposing team.

I have to laugh, everytime I hear Arsenal fans talking about how Arsenal has to field certain players in order to dominate midfield. It's just not possible to dominate midfield against a team like Bayern or Barca, you just have to sit tight, close the spaces and hope to get them on the counter-attack (that's what Dortmund is doing masterfully against us).

We beat Barcelona on their own terms at the Emirates. Wilshere played a pivotal role!

along Cesc, Song, Nasri, and RVP... :'(

(and now that I think about it, Arshavin too! What the fuck happened...)

Yeah, that's funny. Chelsea's in the losing end of this transfer in my opinion. Wasting time with Torres.

Ba > Sturridge. You know it's true.

Suen

Reading through a thread in the Off-Topic section about Iran banning Buddha statues lead me to finding this image

footb.png

The right-most guy on the lower row is Iran's current president in his younger days but my focus ended up entirely on the second guy from the right on the upper row. This guy must have seriously brought fear to his opponents on the pitch. I think someone should copy his style, Pirlo perhaps.

fuenf

We beat Barcelona on their own terms at the Emirates. Wilshere played a pivotal role!

Didnt the ref wrongfully disallow a Messi goal? I think Messi hat a horrible night finishing too.

Wilbur

Banned

Ba > Sturridge. You know it's true.

That was the first time I watched Wilshere. Heard all the praise but had never got round to watching him live and not on MOTD.

Fucking blew my mind, was the best player on the pitch.

Wilbur

Banned
Reading through a thread in the Off-Topic section about Iran banning Buddha statues lead me to finding this image

footb.pg

The right-most guy on the lower row is Iran's current president in his younger days but my focus ended up entirely on the second guy from the right on the upper row. This guy must have seriously brought fear to his opponents on the pitch. I think someone should copy his style, Pirlo perhaps.

Looks like Fellaini's hair on his whole face

K1LLER7

I think we'll both draw tbh. QPR have something about them at home right now where they just don't look like losing (or winning lol) and City-Chelsea will be a tight one. We rotate enough anyway so that a fair few will be rested. Happy birthday by the way! (I think it's today/yesterday). I would post my gif but I'm on my phone.

Just did a shit that actually smells like corn. Haven't eaten any tho

:lol thanks mate :D

Uni in the morning, back in time for the United game. Gonna order a takeaway and watch us bang 4 past Reading. Valencia Hat-trick with all 3 goals using his left foot would be beautiful.

jtb

Banned
At scoring, yes. But both Sturridge and Torres were there long before Ba arrived. Sturridge simply wasn't given as much chances as Torres was.

Understandable, but...

I know, but I'm saying it's not fair to compare Sturridge and Torres since their roles in the squad were very different. Sturrdige was never given the chance Torres was, for better or for worse. Meanwhile, Ba was brought in to replace Sturridge and has hit the ground running.

Plus, as awful as Torres has been this season (and he's been awful), he's scored 15 goals so far. It's truly mind-boggling.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
:lol :lol I was just going to name these two.

Btw, I thought it was Andres that supports Deportivo?

lol no that is indeed keit4. I also support Atletico Madrid but Barca is my number 1. I might have a melt down if we lost to milan on tuesday. I've been watching their games since they got Balo and they look REALLY good. I hope the play Zapata and old man Yepes on tuesday and we'll light them up for sure.

Wilbur

Banned
:lol thanks mate :D

Uni in the morning, back in time for the United game. Gonna order a takeaway and watch us bang 4 past Reading. Valencia Hat-trick with all 3 goals using his left foot would be beautiful.

Fuck, might do the same. Chinese and Patrice Evra overhead kick <3

I know, but I'm saying it's not fair to compare Sturridge and Torres since their roles in the squad were very different. Sturrdige was never given the chance Torres was, for better or for worse. Meanwhile, Ba was brought in to replace Sturridge and has hit the ground running.

Plus, as awful as Torres has been this season (and he's been awful), he's scored 15 goals so far. It's truly mind-boggling.

Shows the type of service that this apparently poor Chelsea squad still provide. If they had a proper striker they'd still be challenging for everything if you ask me. Mata is an absolute magician in that role behind the forward.

Messi

lol no that is indeed keit4. I also support Atletico Madrid but Barca is my number 1. I might have a melt down if we lost to milan on tuesday. I've been watching their games since they got Balo and they look REALLY good. I hope the play Zapata and old man Yepes on tuesday and we'll light them up for sure.

cAZ5s.gif

How can you?

K1LLER7

Underrated player. What more would you expect for £50m.

jtb

Banned

Balotelli is cup tied. Barcelona will absolutely destroy Milan.

Timurid

It will be over in the first 10 mins.

Yen

Sturridge: I'll believe it when I see it. Definitely talented but a bit of a greedy cunt. Also, Walcott > Sturridge.

I was prescribed to this theory when Sturridge was at Chelsea and at the Olympics, but at Liverpool I haven't seen anything that would suggest this is the case.

Noirulus

tumblr_m3db5qDgOa1rv6lnjo1_500.gif

He is going to lose his shit when he sees this.

==

My phone contract is up in April and I am sick of this fucking iphone 4. the lock button and home button are dodgy and it takes a few seconds to do anything. I am looking at getting a Galaxy s3. Should I? Is there an S4 I should wait for?

I may be biased as I just got the Nexus 4, but it's fucking awesome and cheap so you should get it! It also doesn't have those ugly S3 curves.

Noirulus

How much more will you hate Real Madrid if we buy Falcao? :lol

Messi

FIFA is delivering the lols today.

I get Iniesta back from a broken ankle, 4 matches later breaks his ankle again.

I am the German national coach. Schweini takes a knock, is out for 3 months.
fuck bayern
but I am already qualified and Gomez is scoring for fun.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
How much more will you hate Real Madrid if we buy Falcao? :lol

I dont want to think about it :(

I couldn't hate Falcao so it would be too painful.

Messi said:
FIFA is delivering the lols today.

I get Iniesta back from a broken ankle, 4 matches later breaks his ankle again.

I am the German national coach. Schweini takes a knock, is out for 3 months. fuck bayern but I am already qualified and Gomez is scoring for fun.

I've been rolling with Porto and they're amazing. only 4.5 stars but I did have to play some dude with United one time. James and Jackson are awesome

Wilbur

Banned
Don't think Falcao will go Real for some reason. I just don't think Atletico will sell. I reckon they'll get Cavani.

If Barca doesn't win with at least a 3 goal margin they can fuck off from the CL for life.
ACM's last 3 games: 5 goals scored(4 Balo - 2 pen. 1 FK) and 1 it's an own goal; 3 conceded v Udinese, Cagliari, Parma.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom