• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT14| Only Wilbury's belly is smoother than BAAAYEEERNs season

Status
Not open for further replies.

pulga

Banned
162273816_2905600.jpg

can't wait for Bale on LW and CR7 on RW, goodbye di maria and kaka

You got your wings wrong.

Dat cut in >> crappy crosses.

Randdalf

If United get past Madrid and Milan put Barcelona out, a Bayern vs United final would be great, a lot of history, and pretty likely, draw depending.

I'm hoping Mourinho goes and wins it. I think it would be a black blot in his career if he never managed it with Real Madrid. He's gotten so close to the final so many times as well. I think that Fergie is realistically looking more at consolidating and securing United's position in the league and winning the FA Cup than targeting major success in the Champion's League.

pulga

Banned
I'm hoping Mourinho goes and wins it. I think it would be a black blot in his career if he never managed it with Real Madrid. He's gotten so close to the final so many times as well. I think that Fergie is realistically looking more at consolidating and securing United's position in the league and winning the FA Cup than targeting major success in the Champion's League.

Would certainly bring a badge of honor to his resumé. Not many would be able to claim to having led the first team in history to reach ten orejonas.

Edit:
What's this about Inter signing John Carew?

edit: AVB referred to "Fergie time" in his post match press conference.

He flat out mentioned it? :lol

MPW

mourinho is gonna leave madrid trophyless this season

watch whoever comes in is gonna win CL next year or two years from now and get all the credit

madrid needed to win first leg vs barca and man utd

this year madrid is just out of sync, unless cr7 carries the f'n team, not happening

Salvadora

watch whoever comes in is gonna win CL next year or two years from now and get all the credit

this year madrid is just out of sync, unless cr7 carries the f'n team, not happening

That would be quite the stain on his record. I hope he gets his mojo back when he comes back to England.

pulga

Banned

Have some faith in the team, the quality is there. Mourinho just needs to stir their fire, and what a momentum boost it would be to take the win at OT.

faridmon

My Guilty Pleasure (please don't judge me )

The All-American Reject
Can't stop listening to them even after 10 years of growing up.

Bo-Locks

Bale will be at best wasting and at worst killing his career if he goes to Madrid. I don't think he would fit Real's or La Liga's style and he would just end up rotting on the bench. He is more suited to the PL's more physically demanding and counter-attacking style.

He really would fit in perfectly at United, but I doubt whether that move will happen. He should stick with Spurs if the get CL qualification, and if not then consider pushing a move through towards United/City/Chelsea.

But I don't think he will move this summer in any case.

MPW

Bale will be at best wasting and at worst killing his career if he goes to Madrid. I don't think he would fit Real's or La Liga's style and he would just end up rotting on the bench. He is more suited to the PL's more physically demanding and counter-attacking style.

He really would fit in perfectly at United, but I doubt whether that move will happen. He should stick with Spurs if the get CL qualification, and if not then consider pushing a move through towards United/City/Chelsea.

But I don't think he will move this summer in any case.

lolwut? bale is perfect for la liga

FuturusX

As much as I hate to admit it. Bale is perfect for any league. When he destroyed Maicon, they said - it's Maicon he's short of pace. Truth is, Bale is part of an elite group of players. He's gifted. Players like that can slot in anywhere and cause havoc...

GorillaJu

Spurs need to keep Bale. If they don't, I hope City or Chelsea come in with the $$$.

Real Madrid or United buying him would be terrible. Especially Real, ugh, wouldn't fit them at all and the fans don't deserve Bale.

faridmon

Brad Shoemaker's first tidbits about the New Lara Croft game: ''Its OK''

Hold your horses, ladies. It not done until the fat lady sings.

GorillaJu

Brad Shoemaker's first tidbits about the New Lara Croft game: ''Its OK''

Hold your horses, ladies. It not done until the fat lady sings.

I like Brad but he's often very particular about his tastes. I don't have any opinion about the new TR game as I really know nothing about it except the terribly annoying "I wanna protect her" meme that nerds recite ad nauseum in disingenuous anti-misogynist virtue. I would only take Brad's opinion as one man's, though. I'll probably make my own. I haven't played a Tomb Raider game in ages and a fresh reboot feels like a decent enough way to start.

Messi

I like Brad but he's often very particular about his tastes. I don't have any opinion about the new TR game as I really know nothing about it except the terribly annoying "I wanna protect her" meme that nerds recite ad nauseum in disingenuous anti-misogynist virtue. I would only take Brad's opinion as one man's, though. I'll probably make my own. I haven't played a Tomb Raider game in ages and a fresh reboot feels like a decent enough way to start.

For the record. I cant wait for it.

Koko

Banned
Modrić + 25 millions and the deal is done, even though I would prefer buying a world class RB before some attacker.

Meier

Anyone ever used Priceline name your price to buy an international flight? Scared of having to sit at an airport for a day or two to get a connection.. but it's so fucking expensive to fly to Tokyo. :(

Have you ever done it, Morsel?

GorillaJu

Modrić + 25 millions and the deal is done, even though I would prefer buying a world class RB before some attacker.

No way this happens. Maybe Modrić plus 35 or even 40. Levy isn't going to take back a player he sold you at anything but an extremely reduced price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom