• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT14| Only Wilbury's belly is smoother than BAAAYEEERNs season

Status
Not open for further replies.

flippedb

Banned
It is? I thought the copa was a joke? I get confused it changes every year! :)

Every cup is a joke actually. The only leagues that are worth watching are the Premier and Serie A. La Liga is so bad.
Mourinho last season:

"For me, La Liga is the most important thing because it is the competition in which the best team always wins out. In the Champions/Copa, the best team doesn't always win.
"When you win a league, it's very good for the coach's self-esteem, because he knows he's done a good job throughout the year."
I don't care about Mourinho or Real Madrid. I don't like Barca and that's all lol

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Mourinho last season:

"For me, La Liga is the most important thing because it is the competition in which the best team always wins out. In the Champions/Copa, the best team doesn't always win.
"When you win a league, it's very good for the coach's self-esteem, because he knows he's done a good job throughout the year."
You are better than this, FootballFan.

Koko

Banned
Hala Madrid!!! Vamos Real, Hasta el Final!

Let's bring that Copa del Rey home and beat the rest of Europe in the Champions League. This can still turn out to be an alright or magical season.

I want to believe, but I still don't see us going through from United

Suen

Real Madrid played great today. Arbeloa was just being Arbeloa, Higuain was about as good as Messi today, Di Maria was mostly shit but did improve in the second half. He really needs to perform better. He's been pretty bad this season, too inonsistent. He's a good player but he needs to keep the same quality in each game. Fake-Ronaldo great as usual, Varane is a beast, one of our best additions to the team, have to keep him. Özil and Khedira seemed lost (in fact I don't know what Khedira has been doing this season).

I'd prefer to see a strong team in Saturday just to see a great match but at the same time we have an upcoming game with Man Utd so I guess it's better to rest our players and just hand over the victory to Barca (most likely). Either way we definitely need to play like this against Man Utd to have a chance of qualifying to the next round, must keep it up!! This should give us a boost!

Barca, bad done. Except Pedro and Alba being two cunts (yes we had our own) the rest of the team played like crap, honestly it felt like nothing went right for you guys today. Expected it to be much tougher, much harder but it barely felt like we had any pressure against us. Either that or we were just playing much better. You can definitely not play like this against Milan or they'll run over you, today you even made Sanchez look like a hero! Better make some changes and keep it up! Also I still sympathize with Puyol, was made into a fool by Di Maria :(

Anyway now I hope Atletico Madrid to win their game tomorrow, would be cool to meet them in the finals!

edit: and fuck the cunts who threw the flare.

BED6KBSCUAEO8V-.jpg

Houston, we're clear for take off.

Do you have this at a higher res?

rodvik

Every cup is a joke actually. The only leagues that are worth watching are the Premier and Serie A. La Liga is so bad.
True enough about cup competitions, its why they are so fun though. Gonna disagree about La Liga, it has grown on me over the past few seasons, then again so has MLS, god help me.

rodvik

Depends who won it. Right now the Copa is a huge cup. Last season it was nothing. :p

I know its funny :) I am enjoying the predictions of barca doom, they have this early year wobble annually. They still end up kicking ass. Any season in which you win the league is a good season imho.

Lightning

Banned
I wonder if the press will turn on the Spanish teams like they do to the epl teams if Madrid, Barcelona, Valencia and Malaga all don't make the quarter finals because all of them have a lot of work to do in their games

I mean its always a epl crisis if our teams get knocked out early.

Suen

Yep as I thought lol. "cunts, omg dangerous" it's Madridistas "alllgooodz burn that mofo down"
Don't count me into this, I never blamed any side lol. Hell I even wrote after the commentators said it was Barca fans and could have easily gone into a troll mode :p

jtb

Banned
Didn't we just have a discussion (though it's probably a bit generous to classify it as such) about how "[random dutch international] just GETS IT and ALL EVIDENCE TO THE CONTRARY is WRONG. (oh and btw i'm gonna go on a ridiculous tangent about people with ADD for the hell of it too.)"?

something something throwing stones in glass houses. Or something.

rvy

Banned
When was the last time they won against Madrid?

Congrats MadridGAF.

But Patético eats grass when they play against Madrid. They'll die on the field to win if they have to.

What? Atletico lays down for Real every time they play, they go into total bitch mode when they face them.

Shows how much this dude knows what he's talking about, lol. He thinks Patético lay down for Madrid.

FootballFan

I know its funny :) I am enjoying the predictions of barca doom, they have this early year wobble annually. They still end up kicking ass. Any season in which you win the league is a good season imho.

Yep. I don't care if people think I am crazy, I still think we can knock Milan out. Tito still won't be back but the players should now be even more motivated.

confuziz

Banned
Didn't we just have a discussion about how "[random dutch international] just GETS IT and ALL EVIDENCE TO THE CONTRARY is WRONG. (oh and btw i'm gonna go on a ridiculous tangent about people with ADD for the hell of it too.)"?

something something throwing stones in glass houses. Or something.

That's not what this is about. Look a few pages back. I explained WHY and HOW I THINK he is right.

That guy that posted about certain leagues being a joke just said so, with no reason whatsoever. It's a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom