• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT14| Only Wilbury's belly is smoother than BAAAYEEERNs season

Status
Not open for further replies.

feel

ijK6W6K5mdFxY.gif
mes que un dicepcion

jtb

Banned
Yep. I don't care if people think I am crazy, I still think we can knock Milan out. Tito still won't be back but the players should now be even more motivated.

Eh, let's face it—what happened in Milan should have gotten them motivated for this match.

But it's good to be optimistic. It makes the inevitable defeat that much sweeter :p

Yep. I don't care if people think I am crazy, I still think we can knock Milan out. Tito still won't be back but the players should now be even more motivated.

Of course you can. Milan might have a great result but they are still far from being in the top of Europe, or even Italy, all it takes is one goal and the pressure will really get to them.

bangbros > brazzers.

That's just an unfair comparison, nothing beats Ramon.

faridmon

tx8lFkH.png

Since we are all awake and full of energy after an enjoyable game of football that lightenend our mood for something more, could someone help me out and read my research paper and see if it makes sense, and maybe correct a glaring error or two that I am infamous for, I would forever be appreciative

please

Spanish lessons from de Gea and Pea.

jboVw3DHN0W8zB.jpg

Edit: Faridmon is becoming the anime version of bronies posting nothing but pony pictures everywhere. :lol

arkon

I know, but he takes the crown.

Arkon as well. Wouldn't suprise me if he's never been to a football game.

I have never been to a game in the top leagues before.

A lot of the posts I make in here are lighthearted jabs at all sorts of shit that people say, myself included. However, I have also been involved in serious football discussion and will continue to do so as I see fit.

FootballFan

Eh, let's face it—what happened in Milan should have gotten them motivated for this match.

But it's good to be optimistic. It makes the inevitable defeat that much sweeter :p

I think Madrid will win the La liga game too, which I won't mind all that much as long as they put on a fight against Milan.

Suen

I was born in the Soviet Union. What other national football entity should I have been supporting? And btw, FIFA aknowledges Russia as the successor to the Soviet Union and we retain all the previous footballing accomplishments. Suck it Ukraine, Belarus, Georgia, Armenia, etc.

And why wouldn't I talk about Lev Yashin, the greatest goalkeeper of all time?
Man my father keeps talking about what a legend this guy was at his time when it comes to discussions about goalkeepers.

FootballFan

Man my father keeps talking about what a legend this guy was at his time when it comes to discussions about goalkeepers.

Yeah, people don't even hesitate when mentioning best keeper of all time.

Never seen any clips of Yashin but he must have been amazing for everyone to praise him as much as they do.

bud

It's a book by former PSV and Dutch international player René van der Gijp (probably doesn't ring a bell).

He had a huge amount of talent, but just gave zero fucks about the sport in general. He just wanted to make some money and spend it on hookers and all that. He is crazy, but knows a lot about the sport and how thinks really work at certain clubs. Nowadays he is a frequent guest on the most important football talkshow in the country.

The point is, he makes a lot of sense about how things work in the world. In the past, people could function just fine without the need of any help from shrinks or whatever. We have a word for everything these days. AD(H)D is just a word for a busy kid.

Managers are there to say things the footballers already know. Everyone knows for himself what he can do with a ball. Player A pass it to player B and player B scores. It's that simple. No need for 'tactical' talk, or act like certain managers are the 2nd son of God.

We make things more interesting than they are.

That book opened up my eyes, for sure.

then what do coaches even do? i'm not just talking first-team coaches, but also about coaches in the youth academy etc. what do they do? they just state the obvious over and over again?

Requeim

I have never been to a game in the top leagues before.

A lot of the posts I make in here are lighthearted jabs at all sorts of shit that people say, myself included. However, I have also been involved in serious football discussion and will continue to do so as I see fit.

Lol you don't have to make excuses for yourself. Just ignore him.

flippedb

Banned
I really hope Messi has another bad day against Milan. Pleaaase! Getting past Barca would be great, but doing so with a clean sheet would be bestest.

rvy

Banned
They make money for stating the obvious.

Nonsense. Why are you disregarding practice? Why are you disregarding motivation? It's not black and white, not all players have Redondo's mind, or Zidane's, or whatever. If coaches were paid to state the obvious you could be a coach.

Why aren't you? Do you make more money being a teacher?

arkon

That's not crazy. Worse scorelines than a 2-goal advantage have been overturned. Heck, Liverpool did it in one half in the final! The worry is the away goals. You needed at least one at the San Siro.

The Black Spider, baby. Godly reflexes, great athleticism, basically invented the concept of sweeper keeper. Only keeper to ever win ballon d'or. He was so good at stopping shit at going into net that he also won a Russian championship in hockey one year.

Clegg

Pay no heed to Woodenlung

Nobody else does.

Except for me, because he's hilarious.

99% of the time I do.

But his stance on mental illness is genuinely offensive.

Unless he's playing an extremely elaborate trolling game. Then I applaud him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom