• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT14| Only Wilbury's belly is smoother than BAAAYEEERNs season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

From the Guardian MBM

Goal! Middlesbrough 0-1 Chelsea (Ramires via Torres 50)

Oscar shows wonderfully quick feet to evade two challenges and ghost his way to the right byline. He clips a cross to Benayoun at the back post, who attempts to cushion the cross and lift it over a defender's head. But he is blocked. The ball comes back to him and he plays a pass back out to Ramires on the edge of the box. He shapes to curl the ball into the top-right hand corner, and succeeds after a deflection off Torres's back. I suspect Torres will be credited with the goal.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/feb/27/middlesbrough-chelsea-live-mbm

From the Guardian MBM

Goal! Middlesbrough 0-1 Chelsea (Ramires via Torres 50)

Oscar shows wonderfully quick feet to evade two challenges and ghost his way to the right byline. He clips a cross to Benayoun at the back post, who attempts to cushion the cross and lift it over a defender's head. But he is blocked. The ball comes back to him and he plays a pass back out to Ramires on the edge of the box. He shapes to curl the ball into the top-right hand corner, and succeeds after a deflection off Torres's back. I suspect Torres will be credited with the goal.

Sounds like he's turned a corner.

feel

So now big teams celebrate being in third place? What a wacky world we live in.

1361977862_526865_1361977973_noticia_normal.jpg
3 goals at Camp nou? Dat salt.

And damn Silvino is ripped!

Shagwell

What has happened to Dortmund? They looked far, far better when I would watch them last season. Not like their squad's changed all that much, has it?

Meier

What has happened to Dortmund? They looked far, far better when I would watch them last season. Not like their squad's changed all that much, has it?

They've been great in the Champions League this season (and not just against us). Bayern seems to have their number this year.

Clegg

The Guardian now laying into Torres

57 min: Torres just gives the clearest example of what a shambling mess he has become – the kind of player who can only score if the ball is whacked against his back by a defensive midfielder, some might say. Terry lofts a ball to him, in acres of space and inside the penalty area 15 yards from goal. His first touch is so heavy it takes him a couple of yards backwards and allows the defenders to catch him up. His shot is straight at Steele. Hit with a 'will-this-do' attitude. It is easily parried for a corner.

Suen

Lewandowski has been embarassing today. No quality, no workrate. Suspicious.
He's doing his best to prepare for the transfer to Munich.

Well, 1-0 is a dangerous scoreline. Not as dangerous as 2-0 but still.

Depends how Arsenal start. If they can score one goal early on that might just get them going. The players seemed almost broken after the first leg though.

Three goals seem impossible. An early goal would give us a boost and I'd say even getting two goals would be very possible but three goals and keeping a clean sheet? Nah...
It would shake the football world IF it happened though :p

Seems Atletico has already scored against Sevilla loooooool. Diego Costa scored.

The Guardian now laying into Torres

57 min: Torres just gives the clearest example of what a shambling mess he has become – the kind of player who can only score if the ball is whacked against his back by a defensive midfielder, some might say. Terry lofts a ball to him, in acres of space and inside the penalty area 15 yards from goal. His first touch is so heavy it takes him a couple of yards backwards and allows the defenders to catch him up. His shot is straight at Steele. Hit with a 'will-this-do' attitude. It is easily parried for a corner.

Hmm, I actually thought it was much better Torres, his control was heavy but at least he controlled it, and he took a shot.

What they should criticise him for is 2 or 3 minutes later a Hazard one two with someone chasing the ball as it goes out for a goal kick and Torres stops running long before Hazard realised he couldn't reach it.

Shagwell

Nothing really happened, Bayern just got much better, if you're only talking about today's match.

I mean they've already conceded more goals than they did in the entirety of last season (in the league). And drawn 1 less game and lost one less game than they did all of last season. It's not just Bayern, is it?

Like I said, I haven't really had many opportunities to watch them this season outside of their Champions League matches. I'm just going off the numbers, which never tell the whole story. Considering they only lost Kagawa, I don't see what's caused such a disparity in performance between the two seasons.

I mean they've already conceded more goals than they did in the entirety of last season (in the league). And drawn 1 less game and lost one less game than they did all of last season. It's not just Bayern, is it?

Like I said, I haven't really had many opportunities to watch them this season outside of their Champions League matches. I'm just going off the numbers, which never tell the whole story. Considering they only lost Kagawa, I don't see what's caused such a disparity in performance between the two seasons.

We lost a very important player (again) and this time around concentrated on CL without signing worthy subs.
Bayern (net) spent some 70-80m, we spent 0. They now have 2 full teams, so much so that they could easily sub their best CF (Gomez) and their best CB (Badstuber) - so wtf do you expect from us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom