• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT14| Only Wilbury's belly is smoother than BAAAYEEERNs season

Status
Not open for further replies.

FootballFan

BEQ_aIkCUAExY92.jpg

jyzQ5w9aV26hz.jpg

We love you too, Napoli.

Why are you going to Bayern if you want to win the CL?

Juve sono gabbiani. ciao

/Andres style post

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
3 - Juventus last conceded more than a single goal away from home in Serie A on their last visit to Napoli in November 2011 (3-3)

I hope Conte knows what he's doing if that's the starting lineup. Yes, it's our best team, and the first time we've had all our starters available in 2013, but if Chiellini isn't fit...

He completely molested their whole team in Torino.
3AQmK.gif

And since Caceres is injured, I'd take a half fit Chiellini over Peluso any day of the week.

3Sixty

Luke Shaw may well be injured and out of the game with QPR.

Matt Targett training with the first time in preparation.

£50m

Fintan

Giggsy's new contract will bring him into his forties.

And his next match will be his 1000th.

Did you see this on Opta's twitter feed? Pretty cool coincidence, if it happens.
1000 - Ryan Giggs could make his 1000th senior app (club & international) tomorrow, 22 years to the day (March 2 1991) since his 1st. Grand

arkon

WHY? It's one of the more exciting leagues, not the biggest but still.

There's so many leagues to follow as it is. Something has to give. I still try to catch some of the big matches though like the Ajax - PSV games.

Ajax > PSV

I'm with you, Linius!

We're going to have to wear super thick shin pads tonight because Napoli is going to be kicking at us hard. Dirty fuckers.

I'm still not convinced by Giovinco, though, so I'm somewhat sad he'll likely start. I know he's scored more goals than anyone else and I know he's played only fewer games than Barzagli. I don't care. He can put his finger to his lips all he wants, he hasn't shown me he deserves a starting place over the on form Matri. His goals have, by and large, been indecisive. He fades out, he gives the ball away too often, and he doesn't win free kicks like he used to at the start of the season. Vucinic, on the other hand, has shown himself to be a top player in his own right and deserves every minute he gets. Easily top 3 best players we've had this year, along with Lichtsteiner and Pogba.

Fry

At the final whistle Arjen Robben sank to his knees in the centre of the pitch and pounded the turf with his fists – once, twice, three times. Then he roared his delight at Bayern’s hard-fought 1-0 DFB Cup quarter-final win over Borussia Dortmund into the Munich night sky. It was a moment of emotion in which the Dutchman could release all the tension of the previous 90 minutes.

“It was all about the joy and happiness of having won the game,” Robben explained the following day. Thanks to his spectacular left-foot 43rd minute shot that curled into the corner of the Dortmund net, the home side bundled last year’s double winners out of the competition and moved a step closer to a 16th cup triumph. “When I’m on the pitch, it’s simply about winning,” he added.
He didn’t have long to relish the moment. While his team-mates continued their celebrations in the dressing room, the 29-year-old spent the rest of the evening providing a drugs test, and was one of the last of the players to leave the Allianz Arena. “It’s so annoying, because after a match like that there’s a terrific atmosphere in the dressing room,” Robben commented ruefully. “I didn’t get away till after midnight.”

But he was still able to savour the victory the following day. “A match like that against Dortmund is always special,” said Robben, who as a replacement for the suspended Franck Ribéry not only scored a breathtaking goal but was one of the outstanding players on the field. “When you settle a match like that, with a goal like that, you’ve got to be a bit chuffed.”

Blablurn

At the final whistle Arjen Robben sank to his knees in the centre of the pitch and pounded the turf with his fists – once, twice, three times. Then he roared his delight at Bayern’s hard-fought 1-0 DFB Cup quarter-final win over Borussia Dortmund into the Munich night sky. It was a moment of emotion in which the Dutchman could release all the tension of the previous 90 minutes.

“It was all about the joy and happiness of having won the game,” Robben explained the following day. Thanks to his spectacular left-foot 43rd minute shot that curled into the corner of the Dortmund net, the home side bundled last year’s double winners out of the competition and moved a step closer to a 16th cup triumph. “When I’m on the pitch, it’s simply about winning,” he added.
He didn’t have long to relish the moment. While his team-mates continued their celebrations in the dressing room, the 29-year-old spent the rest of the evening providing a drugs test, and was one of the last of the players to leave the Allianz Arena. “It’s so annoying, because after a match like that there’s a terrific atmosphere in the dressing room,” Robben commented ruefully. “I didn’t get away till after midnight.”

But he was still able to savour the victory the following day. “A match like that against Dortmund is always special,” said Robben, who as a replacement for the suspended Franck Ribéry not only scored a breathtaking goal but was one of the outstanding players on the field. “When you settle a match like that, with a goal like that, you’ve got to be a bit chuffed.”

Robben ;_; Please play always like this!

Clegg

Is that Wenger quote real?

Not even Fergie at his most arrogant would completely ignore the opposition. And I can't believe Wenger would do it when his own team is so frail.

You can't focus on your own strengths and completely ignore the strengths of the other team. That's suicidal.

confuziz

Banned
PSV winger Zakaria Bakkali (belgian, 17 years old),(wanted by City, Real and all the other 'important' clubs in the world) is now part of the squad facing VVV tomorrow.

I would like to see him in action, but I'm not sure Advocaat is going to risk that.

He is, the biggest (european) talent in the world. DC knows what I'm talking about!

Empty

yeah i sort of simultaneously believe that wengy has gone off the deep end and is so cocooned in his own weird philosophies about football, ffp etc that he's slowly killing the team, but also that he fucking hates the media and will say whatever nonsense. basically i don't know if it's true but it wouldn't surprise me either way.

About to turn £25 to £35 and then Bet 365 remove that market from play. FFS!!!

Haha I got it on bet365. Just opened an account there today because unibet sucks, but as soon as i had registered and put money into the account it locked me out and 30 min later some guy called me and was like "duuuude, you can't have two accounts", completely forgot I had one there before.

rvy

Banned
If that Lady boy Ronaldo can go for 80m and other lady boy Torres for 50m and that too few years ago, given the inflation Suarez can't be valued at less than 100m. Period.

wat

Who writes this shit? Dimwits?

WJD

Any ideas what?!

Asian handicap and total goal markets are normally quite good for games like this, but watching the stats go back and forth at the mo and there doesn't seem to be any total domination by Hradec just yet so it's your call.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom