• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT14| Only Wilbury's belly is smoother than BAAAYEEERNs season

Status
Not open for further replies.

WJD

tumblr_mizecnBCCL1r7jzw9o1_r1_1280.jpg

lol Buttner

dc89

Asian handicap and total goal markets are normally quite good for games like this, but watching the stats go back and forth at the mo and there doesn't seem to be any total domination by Hradec just yet so it's your call.

Popped a sly £5 on over 1.5 goals in the first half. Nice odds and now they've changed and got shorter lol

WJD

I really thought Giggs would retire at the end of this season. I wonder when Scholes will sign a new contract as well.

Don't think he will to be honest. Hasn't played particularly well this season and even before his knee injury he wasn't getting loads of game time.

Giggs had a sluggish start to the season but for the last 2/3 months he's been fantastic. It's incredible he can still produce that level of performance.

Clegg

Giggs still has the legs for 50-60 minutes a game.

Scholes was struggling for that 3 years ago. When he came back he put in a number of great performances alongside Carrick. But he still didn't need to do that much running and he was on the back of a 6 month rest. I think he'll retire at the end of the season.

Linius

Oeh, Xperia Z just got in. Including the free Sony headphones which I will sell. So that money can go straight in to my PS4 fund, so all in all it will get back to Sony at the end of the year :p

Several times in fact. What is the issue anyway? I personally hated it when Spurs fans booed their own team.

Yeah because a lot of the home fans loved Harry and also because those 1st half performances were shit. I remember a lot of people had something to say about that, but then when United got booed off at half time against us it all went quiet.

defel

GAF who should I support? Supported United when I was younger then lost interest in football for a few years. I used to live on White Hart Lane so I have some affinity towards Spurs and then Watford is my local club. So,

United
Spurs
Watford

You decide...

GAF who should I support? Supported United when I was younger then lost interest in football for a few years. I used to live on White Hart Lane so I have some affinity towards Spurs and then Watford is my local club. So,

United
Spurs
Watford

You decide...

You're from London so Manchester United makes most sense.

Kyoufu

United
Spurs
Watford

You decide...

I say Watford because they're my local club too. I'm a Newcastle supporter but I will be happy if the Hornets can get promotion this season.

Linius

United
Spurs
Watford

You decide...

If you're gonna let other people decide for you who to support you would be better off supporting no one. Supporting a club is connected with personal feelings towards that club...

confuziz

Banned

United
Spurs
Watford

You decide...

Just do what others do here; support United so you can cheer for trophies =P

Bo-Locks

I'm glad I defended Giggs at the end of last year when people were groaning whenever they saw him in the team. He's still an extremely useful squad player, he's still got a lot to offer the team and it's down to Fergie to utilize him well, which he's done in the last few months. He's obviously not going to be playing 90 minutes every week, but he still the quality to control games and see them out.

Games like Norwich at the weekend are tailor made for him. Even though Norwich have beaten us this season, we will almost certainly not get caught out again at home. So Giggs could either start or play the second half and give Carrick/Clev a rest for the Real game.

Empty

How likely is it that Giggs uses PEDs?

it's certainly plausible. wasn't a lot of the baseball peds stuff due to older players continuing to perform well past where you'd expect?

but maybe also he's just benefiting from luck (re: injuries) + hard work (yoga lol) + the advantages of modern sports science. this might be wrong as modern examples come to mind easier but it feels like there's lots of players continuing to a ripe old age these days, despite the number of games and the incredible pace of modern football making it feel like the opposite should be happening . maybe we're seeing the long term effects of the revolution that wenger and his continental contemporaries brought in for fitness and nutritional regimes. ac milan's amazing sport science team is often credited for the success of their ancient team of maldini, costacurta, for example.

feel

United
Spurs
Watford

You decide...
Definitely Gareth Bale

Meier

United
Spurs
Watford

You decide...

Anyone but United. Spurs or Watford.

Salvadora

United
Spurs
Watford

You decide...
Watch a few matches and see which team you gravitate to the most (not United).
Certainly possible.

Personally I think most footballers do.
I'm inclined to think this as well. If they don't they will be uncompetitive.

Slizz

I use PED's for posting on GAF.

Seriously though, you'd be foolish to think any professional sport is clean at this point in time.

Don't think he will to be honest. Hasn't played particularly well this season and even before his knee injury he wasn't getting loads of game time.

Scholes and Giggs are well and truly no longer relied upon. Neither come near first choice to start big games. Cleverley-Carrick have become a pretty stable pair. The wings are well stocked, even if Nani leaves. In the case of Scholes specifically, he retired the first time because he didn't like the idea of becoming a rotation player, but he may have gotten over that. My suspicion is that both can stay on as long as they like, if they don't mind sitting on the bench most of the time. Fergie loves his squad depth.

Bo-Locks

There is so much money in football and so little testing that PED use is a no-brainier at this point. Barca and Real have got shady dealings with the doctor that ran Armstrong's operation, so in the footballing arms race English clubs have no other option but to use them.

It's kinda sad, but I don't think any professional sport is clean at this point.

confuziz

Banned
There is so much money in football and so little testing that PED use is a no-brainier at this point. Barca and Real have got shady dealings with the doctor that ran Armstrong's operation, so in the footballing arms race English clubs have no other option but to use them.

It's kinda sad, but I don't think any professional sport is clean at this point.

I heard Chess is pretty clean.

rvy

Banned

United
Spurs
Watford

You decide...

Bayern.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
1- Use PED --> Beast it on the pitch --> Play for your country --> Earn(?) a fat contract/move to a big club --> Set for life --> Post retirement: Pundit on MoTD

2- Don't use PED --> Pub player at best in the lower leagues --> Post-retirement: Find a second job.

One is worth the (minimal) risk.

pulga

Banned
Spanish media reporting Cristiano is set to miss out on el Cuntico pt. 2 on saturday.

I agree with this, no need to tire him out or risk an injury. I'd like based Mou to field this team:

------------Diego Lopez
Arbeloa - Carvalho - Pepe - Marcelo
-----------Essien - Modric
Callejon ----- Kaka ----- Jesé/Benzema
----------Higuain/Morata

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
If Gareth Bale gets sent off does that mean the match has to be abandoned?

ibfdRqcx1kLS3V.gif

u mad bro?

Gareth Bale is a cunt.
Jack -Jesus Christ- Wilshere will deal with him, again.

Wilshire is a cunt too. I remember two seasons ago he tried to start some shit with Assou-Ekotto and he just stared through him like he wasn't there before the mouthy twat shuffled off. If Wenger is dumb enough to play Wilshire next to Arteta then Jacky will get sent off like he did at Old Trafford. You don't have anybody in your midfield who can get in a real scrap for the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom