• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT14| Only Wilbury's belly is smoother than BAAAYEEERNs season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
It should definitely be a red, but I don't think Chiellini can act righteous in this situation. Hair pulling and head locking are yellow card offenses in themselves, and he's been unashamedly rough on Cavani all game. There's strong defending and there's that; Cavani should be off but it seems fairly hypocritical for Juventus fans to be calling foul solely on Napoli.

I'm genuinely neutral in this, quite like both teams.
All yellow card worthy. Elbowing off the ball is a by the book red

RED. Like AndresON's cunt.

Meier

Update on that poll some of you responded to for me..

525191_498335013558125_1349338504_n.jpg

91% of respondents said yes to building a soccer stadium in Orlando to help Orlando City join the MLS. Thanks to everyone who chipped in! :)

Hair pulling and head locking are yellow card offenses in themselves, and he's been unashamedly rough on Cavani all game.
Yeah, I agree. It's unnecessary off the ball dick-ishness from Chiellini and he should and would have been yellow carded if the hair-pulling was spotted. But a deliberate elbow to the face is violent conduct, and if the fourth official saw it (and went so far as to mime it to the referee), the ref should give a red. The rules are clear.

Now I'm afraid this will be like the Roma game, where the player who should have been sent off (Totti took a chunk out of Pirlo's kneecap with a lunging foot) ends up scoring the winner...

dc89

91% of respondents said yes to building a soccer stadium in Orlando to help Orlando City join the MLS. Thanks to everyone who chipped in! :)

Well that's a pretty convincing consensus of opinion.

Meier

For the Alex Morgan fans.. (aka everyone with a pulse):

Well that's a pretty convincing consensus of opinion.

Yeah! I hope it makes a difference. It's probably a little different in the US in that we usually make taxpayers chip in for stadiums.. so in this case, they'd need to get like $40-$50m from tax revenues and some people are pissed about it. The plan is to raise the funds via tourism tax primarily but some people are still complaining.

Randdalf

I fear for international football the day America and China start taking it seriously, like what happens at every Olympics now.

Arnie

Yeah, I agree. It's unnecessary off the ball dick-ishness from Chiellini and he should and would have been yellow carded if the hair-pulling was spotted. But a deliberate elbow to the face is violent conduct, and if the fourth official saw it (and went so far as to mime it to the referee), the ref should give a red. The rules are clear.

Now I'm afraid this will be like the Roma game, where the player who should have been sent off (Totti took a chunk out of Pirlo's kneecap with a lunging foot) ends up scoring the winner...

That's the strange thing, the fourth official was mimicking the action, so the only thing I can think of is he assumed it was an accidental clash. Which it very clearly wasn't.

feel

Today me and ManUtd4Ever did a jersey order. Here's what we got:

Manutd4scummers:

Betis 12/13 (proud of him on this one lol he wanted it for a while)
Atletico Madrid 12/13
Argentina 11/12 w/ Lavezzi
Porto 12/13 with Moutinio?

I got:
Brazil - Confed Cup 12/13
France - 12/13 away
Ajax 12/13 away
Germany Home 11/13

Good stuffs will post pics when my stuff arrives
Manutd4ever seems to be a top notch person.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity

My jimmies are still rustled that Miami doesn't have an MLS team. I moved here (the second time) right when the Fusion were the bees-knees. All we've had since is Miami FC and that felt more like a freakshow than a club because of 40 year old Romario signing to pad his goal count and 40 year old player-coach Zinho.

I'm not enjoying this game at all to be honest. I mean we're doing well to control it but I want to see us play with more conviction rather than rely on licht for crosses.

pulga

Banned
for just a second I got confused and thought that was Vucinic bottling it out, was about to scream at him :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom