• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT14| Only Wilbury's belly is smoother than BAAAYEEERNs season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Yeah, he has been incredible.. I've been singing his praises all year. He's a rock back there -- incredibly calm and on top of that, he is always look forward when he's in a position to pass the ball. He plays very few sideways and backwards passes. The difference was palpable when he was put into the lineup over Lescott.. it really was immediately evident that he and Kompany worked better together. City have 12 clean sheets this year and Nastasic has started in 9 of them. In the 16 games he's played, we have given up 11 goals. In the 11 games he hasn't played, City have given up 13.

After Stoke shit the bed and ruined Shawcross' chances, I'd say it should be Nastasic and Kompany as the top 2 CBs in the TOTY.

Do you mean if you had to pick a pairing or if you actually picked two individual CBs? Kompany hasn't been great this season. Arguably Rio's form the last few months has been better than anything Kompany's done. Dawson and Chico have been really good as well.

You ask so many weird random questions :lol

:lol

Yeah I don't think Watford should be allowed to do it to be honest. If they get promoted though, doesn't the PL have a rule about loan signings or something?

Meier

Do you mean if you had to pick a pairing or if you actually picked two individual CBs? Kompany hasn't been great this season. Arguably Rio's form the last few months has been better than anything Kompany's done. Dawson and Chico have been really good as well.

Kompany was a bit up and down early on when playing with Lescott and when were doing more of the 3-5-2 experimenting, but he's been fantastic in the past few months. I think the fact he hasn't been healthy makes it tough to realize how consistent he has been over the past number of months.

You can make a case for a lot of guys... Cahill has been excellent for Chelsea and he's a threat to score (so is Ivanovic but I'm not sure he's good enough defensively). Chico and Vertonghen are definitely in the conversation. I think Kompany will be in the team regardless though so if I had to pick one more, I think Nasty has been as good as anyone.

Fry

Justin Bieber everyone.

justin-bieber-inline-1.jpg

FootballFan

Watched Mad Men Season 3 Finale last night. That was a great episode. Will get season 4 soon. Who knew they could make a show about an ad agency interesting lol.

Meier

315.jpg

I'll be curious to see if City make a push for Benat this summer as has been expected. I can't wait to see what the squad looks like in September..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom