• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT14| Only Wilbury's belly is smoother than BAAAYEEERNs season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyoufu

As Linius has already mentioned, AC:Black Flag will be a cross gen title.

But that game is an interesting one. It's being released in October but surely next-gen consoles won't be released until 2014?

October/November for North America. Probably delayed in Europe.

Salvadora

Are you guys going to pick up the PS4 at launch based on the little we know so far? I don't think I could buy the current generation versions of those games without feeling like I'm buying an inferior product (I know about the PC) so I might have to so I have stuff to play this Christmas. I would be bitterly disappointed if Europe is shafted with the release date, again.

Kyoufu

Are you guys going to pick up the PS4 at launch based on the little we know so far? I don't think I could buy the current generation versions of those games without feeling like I'm buying an inferior product (I know about the PC) so I might have to so I have stuff to play this Christmas. I would be bitterly disappointed if Europe is shafted with the release date, again.

I will probably import again. Definitely getting Watch Dogs, Killzone, DriveClub and whatever else that looks good.

Same goes with Durango. If Microsoft impresses then that goes on the list too.

If I have the money, yeah. But I want to give the PS3 one last hurrah, so I'm buying the Last of Us and maybe Beyond; if they get a PS4 'port' then I don't know what I'll do :lol

Linius

I know I'm putting money aside so I'm ready when the time comes. But I'm also eager to know what MS will bring to the table.

Salvadora

I will probably import again. Definitely getting Watch Dogs, Killzone, DriveClub and whatever else that looks good.

Same goes with Durango. If Microsoft impresses then that goes on the list too.

If I have the money, yeah. But I want to give the PS3 one last hurrah, so I'm buying the Last of Us and maybe Beyond; if they get a PS4 'port' then I don't know what I'll do :lol
The lack of backwards compatibility is bitterly disappointing, especially with digital games. I know the reasoning behind not including it but it's making me a bit wary to pick it up at launch considering the long drought we'll probably be in for.

Kyoufu

The lack of backwards compatibility is bitterly disappointing, especially with digital games. I know the reasoning behind not including it but it's making me a bit wary to pick it up at launch considering the long drought we'll probably be in for.

With developer friendly hardware I doubt there'd be much of a drought. Third parties will flock to both machines.

kharma45

I ain't touching it until after the first redesign, I don't trust either Sony or Microsoft to have reliable machines in the first wave.

Wouldn't Gaikai effectively solve this problem? Or is that being worked on?

Empty

With developer friendly hardware I doubt there'd be much of a drought. Third parties will flock to both machines.

yeah i think publishers are desperate for new systems and they've had a while to prepare so hopefully. also sony's first party is big enough to keep games coming at a good stream.

Kyoufu

I expect that BC library to grow as time goes on. They'll be releasing features in waves so don't expect a massive amount of content on day 1. I personally think it'll take them years to put all the PS1/PS2/PS3 games on there.

Salvadora

Sony's first party games have never really gelled with me to be honest.
I ain't touching it until after the first redesign, I don't trust either Sony or Microsoft to have reliable machines in the first wave.
Sony products have generally been fine for me but Microsoft won't be getting the benefit of the doubt. I'm sure they won't let rrod happen again but they may try to rush the launch before Sony..
They got on stage and said it may be possible in the future.

I expect that BC library to grow as time goes on. They'll be releasing features in waves so don't expect a massive amount of content on day 1. I personally think it'll take them years to put all the PS1/PS2/PS3 games on there.

It'll be an amazing feature, regardless.

I'm excited :lol

Fry

It's already saturday in Manchester, so...

Farhat!

i6nECrMDG17UH.png

<3

arkon

This is another reason why I'll probably wait before jumping on that next-gen bandwagon. Gonna sit tight and see what the general feedback is like, and how the hardware holds up.

Arnie

I vastly prefer the books, but the show's still a great watch.

Don't know how much I'd enjoy the show without having read the books, however.

Timbuktu

I don't know why I can't get into the show. I'm a fan of HBO shows and I love the Ice and Fire books. But something about the show is just off putting for me.

I just know the story so well from the books, it's hard to get really invested in the show when you're just waiting for things to play out.

Fry

Glad to see there is less than 24 hours difference too between GoT airing in the US and the UK.

They air GoT here in Brazil simultaneously with the US.

With subtitles.

I thought it was mind blowing. If only they did that with all shows...

Clegg

I just know the story so well from the books, it's hard to get really invested in the show when you're just waiting for things to play out.

This might be it.

I can enjoy certain parts of the show. Tyrion and Littlefinger are very well written and acted. But the show doesn't grasp me like other have.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
@FEMEXFUTOFICIAL

Alineación México: Sánchez; Flores; Marín; Briseño; Hernández; Espericueta; Bueno; Corona; Van Rankin; Luna y Escoboza DT Sergio Almaguer

Listening to TVC's broadcast. Their football talk is even worse than FootieGAF's. Being a sports journalist has to be the easiest job in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom