• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT14| Only Wilbury's belly is smoother than BAAAYEEERNs season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Madrid wanted the game moved to allow more rest/training before the united game. It's nothing to do with Asia.

I want to see what happens when Cesc plays the xavi role. Xavi was bad against Milan and Madrid so this might help.

Watch them play Thiago instead of Cesc and iniesta on the wing smh

Isn't that always the plan when Xavi is injured? For some reason neither Pep or Tito believe that Cesc is up to the task.

And Iniesta on the wing? I'd say that chances are that Tello will play tomorrow.

feel

I dont know about a website, but the ESPN FC app for iPhone does this (on a 24hr clock though, not 12) El Clasico is 10am EST.
Wow that IS early. Thanks for the time and the app advice, will download it.

edit- Damn this is a sweet app!!

Can anyone tell what time is tomorrow's madrid-barcelona in US eastern time?

Also is there a fucking site that tells you what time games are in your timezone? Sucks googling for a match time and getting a bunch of random times from websites around the globe that don't bother saying the timezone.

It's 10 AM eastern, which is fucking 7am for me. Might not watch.

Lightning

Banned
Isn't that always the plan when Xavi is injured? For some reason neither Pep or Tito believe that Cesc is up to the task.

And Iniesta on the wing? I'd say that chances are that Tello will play tomorrow.
Cesc is not a Xavi like player imo. I don't think Cesc can replace Xavi, I reckon Arsenal got the best out of Cesc and that was his best position.

Messi

I'd argue Thiago is not up to the task especially in the CL game. Whatever about Madrid.

I agree that tello will play. I was thinking more about Milan. Against Madrid and Milan iniesta was left on the wing so Cesc could play in midfield making iniesta largely useless. When someone like Villa or Tello was needed.

Edit: playing Iniesta anywhere other than attacking mid and you are wasting your time lol

Fry

iEauUu35tkri7.gif

Cesc is not a Xavi like player imo. I don't think Cesc can replace Xavi, I reckon Arsenal got the best out of Cesc and that was his best position.

We can say that there's no other player like Xavi right now. I don't think Cesc can do it either, I think he's an attacking midfielder rather than just a midfielder

I'd argue Thiago is not up to the task especially in the CL game. Whatever about Madrid.

I agree that tello will play. I was thinking more about Milan. Against Madrid and Milan iniesta was left on the wing so Cesc could play in midfield making iniesta largely useless. When someone like Villa or Tello was needed.

Edit: playing Iniesta anywhere other than attacking mid and you are wasting your time lol

Well Thiago is not Xavi but he has good technique and dribbling skills. Of course he loses like 100 balls more than Xavi, but no one keeps the ball like Xavi.

And I really believe that tomorrow will be used as a test so if Tello/Villa works I can see Barça using the same lineup as Milan (since Milan and Madrid will play similar).

Fake Edit: I'm assuming Tello and Villa will play, one or both since the barça fans and the the tabloids are asking it lol. Also I'd agree about Iniesta.

Castilla should play tomorrow

I'd pay for that, inside me that what I hope Mou is gonna do, the ultimate troll.

3Sixty

Southampton FC ‏@SouthamptonFC

We are delighted to announce that Jason Puncheon has today extended his contract until the summer of 2016. #saintsfc

BESboUbCIAAd6Po.jpg:large

Good news!

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Match is over; that was a very good game, actually. We should have killed it in the first half, but their keeper was amazing. Then it became a very open game, and could have gone easily either way.

Regardless of the result, I really love how this team plays. Their pressuring is outstanding even when counting the opposition. I just wish the senior team had as many balls as these young ones.
who is capitan pollo?
Antonio Briseño, he's one of Mexico's U20 CBs and captain.
The power of Yoh Yoshinari compels you!

FootballFan

Just finished Spartacus season 1. Holy shiiiiiiiet so much death in the finale.

I am now watching Cabin in the Woods. Apparently it's good.

I enjoyed both. Spartacus season 1 and the prequel are fantastic, season 2 drops off a bit in quality though. New Spartacus isn't as good as Andy Whitfield. :(

Also, the cgi/effects are meant to be like that. Over the top and unrealistic, if they were trying to make it look real, trust me, they'd make it look real lol.

FootballFan

another classico?? ffs.

On at 4am here.

will watch and hope for something positive in these bad weeks

Tomorrow's classico is going to suck. Real Madrid will want to rest players for the United match. Let's hope they don't rest any players due to pride.

Trust me, I will be shocked if they don't use a good team. La Liga over or not. They will not want to waste their fans money who paid to get into the stadium to see second team players get beat 3-0 in a clasico..

edit
Damn almost triple post.

Can anyone tell what time is tomorrow's madrid-barcelona in US eastern time?

Also is there a fucking site that tells you what time games are in your timezone? Sucks googling for a match time and getting a bunch of random times from websites around the globe that don't bother saying the timezone.

If you have a livescore or espnsoccernet app on your phone I think it automatically converts to your timezone. Well it does for me. 4am over here. I think around 8 am over in Venezuela? Not sure, just taking a stab in the dark.

Lightning

Banned
Trust me, I will be shocked if they don't use a good team. La Liga over or not. They will not want to waste their fans money who paid to get into the stadium to see second team players get beat 3-0 in a clasico..
It has to be weighed up. What would the fans prefer. Potential 1-1 draw in the league, maybe a tight win or loss anyway at the expense of risking an injury/tiredness in their trip to Man U mid week? I think I though which most fans would prefer and what Mou would prefer.

FootballFan

It has to be weighed up. What would the fans prefer. Potential 1-1 draw in the league, maybe a tight win or loss anyway at the expense of risking an injury/tiredness in their trip to Man U mid week? I think I though which most fans would prefer and what Mou would prefer.

True but there have been many 'useless' clasico's in the past, yet the team fielded is always a strong one. I just don't see Madrid using a line up of say:

--------- Adan
Arbeloa Carvalho Albiol Nacho
------ Essien Khedira
Di Maria Kaka Callejon
-------- Higuain

Not saying they won't, but I will be surprised if they do use something similar.

Linius

Wait what. Classico is in the afternoon? Not bad actually. Now I can watch both Ajax and Barça. They better not both screw up. Then I'll have to cry my self to sleep :')

Noirulus

My guess on the line-up tomorrow:

---------Adan/Lopez---------

Essien - Carvalho - Albiol - Coentrao

---------------Khedira---------------------

-------Kaka--------------- Modric-----------

---Callejon - Benz/Morata - Ronaldo----

I guess a trivote and heavy defending are practically given.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Gareth Bale has scored more goals against Arsenal than any other team.

we're going to lose aren't we

Salazar

Do Arsenal have anybody for a man-marking job ?

Not, of course, that Wenger even momentarily contemplates the nature of the opposition.

Ushojax

Do Arsenal have anybody for a man-marking job ?

Not, of course, that Wenger even momentarily contemplates the nature of the opposition.

Even though all evidence suggests Wenger was serious when he said 'we forget about the opponent', they could use Ramsey, Diaby or Coquelin to mark Bale. It's not really something he'd do though, they'd have to follow him all over the pitch and as when we played United at home, that leaves space for Lennon/Holtby/Dembele to attack the box.

I expect Wenger will play his normal 4231 as he always does. The only player I'm worried about is Walcott, whoever plays on the left side needs to track back and assist BAE, Bale left him all alone in the 5-2 last season to deal with Sagna and Walcott, an impossible task. Thankfully Jenkinson is playing instead, if we can get him sent off early then that will make our job a lot easier.

Lightning

Banned
Cazorla and Wilshere are the key players for us. If they fire out attacking game will be fine, if they don't we won't threaten the goal. Walcott only flourishes when our midfield controls the game otherwise he just gets no service and disappears from the match.

And we won't man mark Bale. If someone does I'm pretty sure Vermaelen and Arteta will be the players to control him but its unlikely. Aside from Bale I still see Spurs as incredibly average.

Ushojax

Their entire back five is better than yours. Dembele is a better midfielder than everyone in your team but Wilshere. Bale is better than anyone on your team.

Don't forget this chap:

Arsenal will always score goals, they are built to do that. Where Spurs have the advantage now is in the solidity in the back 4 and keeper, plus the defensive acumen in midfield. We concede the fewest shots on our goal of any team in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom