• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT14| Only Wilbury's belly is smoother than BAAAYEEERNs season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scum

Poor ol' Wolves.

I ain't touching it until after the first redesign, I don't trust either Sony or Microsoft to have reliable machines in the first wave.

Oi you! Build me a PC to complement my WiiU. :V

Sony products have generally been fine for me but Microsoft won't be getting the benefit of the doubt. I'm sure they won't let rrod happen again but they may try to rush the launch before Sony..

I don't know what it is, but I get the feeling MS will be heavily influenced by EA and promptly fuck up the good thing they have going for 'em.

#PCWiiUPS43DS future for me.

“Conte is able to transmit so much on an emotional level to the players. He has an incredible work ethic that he also drummed into the heads of the squad,” said Buffon.

“The great thing is that the moment he speaks, it feels as if the concepts he’s discussing have never been said before and they are so strong that you are transported to believe in what you’re doing. It’s difficult to find another Coach better than him.”
Don't stop, Gigi, I'm almost there...

I only realised the other day that Jerome from Robson and Jerome is in Game of Thrones
robson-and-jerome.jpg

Messi

Just finished Spartacus season 1. Holy shiiiiiiiet so much death in the finale.

I am now watching Cabin in the Woods. Apparently it's good.

Meier

I guess I can understand why some people can't differentiate between the two mediums but I can do so easily. I love the show and love the books. Season 3 can't come soon enough.

Meier

Cabin in the Woods is a lot of fun but I didn't care too much for Spartacus. All that fake looking CGI ugh

The effects in Spartacus were godawful but I found it to be pretty fun. I didn't watch the prequel and then it was announced Andy wouldn't be coming back so I just gave up on it. RIP to him. :(

Lightning

Banned
I'd rather our bad result get lost amongst many rather than stand alone for the whole of Tuesday.
That's my view. I'd rather we play on Saturday when everyone else is playing because GAF are all too occupied with their own games, and don't focus on our game. On Sunday it's only our game on from the PL so if we play poorly we are going to get ripped apart, it wil be a nightmare.

Having a bad result is bad enough without 30+ users of GAF chiming in for some fun too. lol

xintin

Spaletti on Abromavich's shortlist, eh?

Hopefully, the second string teams both clubs put out, go out there and enjoy themselves and we get a great game. If not...

image.php
Roman should hire Ben Kingsley and make him play Spalletti instead.

Let me get this straight, La Liga is trying to cash in on that Asian money so they air El Clasico at 3PM GMT. As a result, Sky cannot broadcast the game? That's fucked up. You would think the FA regulations would only apply to domestic matches, or am I confused as to the reason why Sky is not broadcasting the game?

Tomorrow's classico is going to suck. Real Madrid will want to rest players for the United match. Let's hope they don't rest any players due to pride.

xintin

gnna try some FIFA 13 on valium. so if anyone here has PSN and wants an easy (hilarious?) win, it's the same as my GAF name.

Lightning

Banned
Is this Classico a league game? If it is Madrid should rest their players ready for United as they have a chance to win the CL. I think the La Liga is gone, regardless of the classico result.

Scum

So they don't get embarrassed by Barca in their own stadium. It's just wishful thinking. The smart thing would be to forget this game and rest for United.

Most of the hardcore fans of both teams are not going to give a toss, to be honest. CL footie is more important.

Is this Classico a league game? If it is Madrid should rest their players ready for United as they have a chance to win the CL. I think the La Liga is gone, regardless of the classico result.

Yep.

Meier

Yep, that's the plan given the circumstances. They don't gain anything trying to win given the league is done.

Lightning

Banned
Santi Cazorla has reached double figures in the goal scoring in a single season for the first time in his career I believe and still a lot of games to go for him to get more. He has had a very good opening season for Arsenal, absolute bargin regardless of where we end up at the end of the season.

Messi

Let me get this straight, La Liga is trying to cash in on that Asian money so they air El Clasico at 3PM GMT. As a result, Sky cannot broadcast the game? That's fucked up. You would think the FA regulations would only apply to domestic matches, or am I confused as to the reason why Sky is not broadcasting the game?

Madrid wanted the game moved to allow more rest/training before the united game. It's nothing to do with Asia.

Madrid will play with the bench not even Cristiano will play. La Liga is lost and United is more important.

Also:

I want to see what happens when Cesc plays the xavi role. Xavi was bad against Milan and Madrid so this might help.

Watch them play Thiago instead of Cesc and iniesta on the wing smh

Scum

I want to see what happens when Cesc plays the xavi role. Xavi was bad against Milan and Madrid so this might help.

Watch them play Thiago instead of Cesc and iniesta on the wing smh

If this happens, then congrats to Milan. Bisquits/Iniesta/Cesc in the middle. Villa/Tello or Pedro, on either side of Messi.

Messi

If this happens, then congrats to Milan. Bisquits/Iniesta/Cesc in the middle. Villa/Tello or Pedro, on either side of Messi.

I like the way you think :D

I'd go with Villa Messi Pedro. Tello as a sub 60-70ish mins when Milan are tired.

If iniesta is on the wing we are toast

Lightning

Banned
Very imteresting away from the Emirates this season we've only conceded 11 goals this season in the premier league. Considering how shaky our defence is that's rather staggering.

Never knew Fergie sent a letter to Park

Dear Ji Sung,

Please forgive me for not having written to you before now to thank you for your loyalty to me and Manchester United and to wish you good luck in your new club, but also to explain my reasons in letting you go.

My disappointment was that I didn’t give you the football that you wanted, and needed. It must have felt to you that I was ignoring you but that is far from the truth, there was no player I could trust as much as you in terms of your professionalism, loyalty and determination. I was always conscious of your knee injury and therefore always liked to keep you fresh and of course this wasn’t fair to you and understandably didn’t enjoy that decision. It is something that still plays on my mind especially as I now have a grandson who still won’t speak to me for letting his favourite player move to another club, but I hope you understand the reasons fully now and how difficult a decision it was.

In the time you played was a credit to your outstanding ability and I know it is shared by all my staff as you were in my opinion one of the most loyal and honest players I have had the pleasure to work with and I was proud to have had such a well mannered man in my team.

You are without doubt a wonderful ambassador for football, and the way you settled in and got an excellent command of the English language so quickly was a credit to your determination and enthusiasm not only for football but for life, and on behalf of everyone at the club I wish you success with your new club.

Ji sung I will always look upon you as one of my players and if you ever need my help you know where I am. Finally I wish you and your family every happiness and Good luck.

Yours sincerely,
/s/ Alex Ferguson

feel

Can anyone tell what time is tomorrow's madrid-barcelona in US eastern time?

Also is there a fucking site that tells you what time games are in your timezone? Sucks googling for a match time and getting a bunch of random times from websites around the globe that don't bother saying the timezone.

xintin

Can anyone tell what time is tomorrow's madrid-barcelona in US eastern time?

Also is there a fucking site that tells you what time games are in your timezone? Sucks googling for a match time and getting a bunch of random times from websites around the globe that don't bother saying the timezone.
I dont know about a website, but the ESPN FC app for iPhone does this (on a 24hr clock though, not 12) El Clasico is 10am EST.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom