• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT14| Only Wilbury's belly is smoother than BAAAYEEERNs season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Yes, let's judge Juve on that game. Why don't you fucking finish 4th first.

:lol :lol :lol

snape-clap.gif

look at the name of the image lol

Wilbur

Banned
The extrapolation of a team's strength based on a solitary match chosen to fit whatever argument suits someone is one of my most hated things about football banta.

Hitcher can it go on the list?

Dude.

You're delusional if you think Juve wouldn't wreck your shit. Easily.

I'd rather play Juve than Bayern any day. Besides Barca and maybe Madrid, there are no elite teams to be feared or doubt we couldn't beat.

In fact I would super be confident beating them at home. No way would we get embarrassed

Arnie

The extrapolation of a team's strength based on a solitary match chosen to fit whatever argument suits someone is one of my most hated things about football banta.

Hitcher can it go on the list?

I can judge a team's strength from a single gif.

ixdRc8CC8p9Am.gif

Your team got out played by....half the PL table. This is classic Gunners, look at the fucking FT score, 3-0. You can take your possession football with you out of the door.

Even were that remotely true, half the PL table is still a fair bit stronger than Celtic.

FootballFan

I don't post during Barca games. I don't like the shit slinging that goes on and people would think im an ass if I posted everything I thought during CL games.

Everyone goes a bit crazy during matches though so it's okay. Madridistas on the other hand are crazy all the time. Like Pepe.

rvy

Banned
I'd rather play Juve than Bayern any day. Besides Barca and maybe Madrid, there are no elite teams to be feared or doubt we couldn't beat.

In fact I would super be confident beating them at home. No way would we get embarrassed

Hey, whatever. If you feel that way, more power to you.

I can judge a team's strength from a single gif.

I can judge if a player is shit or not by watching him touch the ball for 30 seconds.

Beat that.

Yes, let's judge Juve on that game. Why don't you fucking finish 4th first.
looooooooool just spat out my drink damn you!

Our back 5 is the worst we've had in quite some time:

Vermaelen: Postitionally awful.
Gibbs: decent, but I don't think he'll reach the heights of Cole.
Koscienly: Loses his mind.
Sagna: been shit for years, I remember when he was the best right-back in the league.
Chesney: Well, what can you say about this cunt?

What about Chelsea and Shakhtar? One of them is currently above your team.

I'm not suggesting Arsenal are as strong let alone stronger than these sides (or Juve), but rather that we would not be embarrassed in a game. We're not that shit. If we're talking about the quality of a team, rather than form, I think Arsenal would have a good chance of beating Juventus and Bayern. Would that mean we were on par with them? Of course not.

I'm just saying I don't fear Juve.

3-0 away win for Juventus means they got outplayed. :lol

We got STATISTICALLY out played.

Moral win for Celtic.

Anyone who watched the match knows how true my comment was. It's silly to point to just the final score as some kind of reflection of that.

Clegg

I'm not suggesting Arsenal are as strong let alone stronger than these sides (or Juve), but rather that we would not be embarrassed in a game. We're not that shit. If we're talking about the quality of a team, rather than form, I think Arsenal would have a good chance of beating Juventus and Bayern. Would that mean we were on par with them? Of course not.

I'm just saying I don't fear Juve.

This is where you're falling down. Arsenal are fifth in the table and out of every domestic cup competition precisely because you don't have the quality.

Wilbur

Banned
This is where you're falling down. Arsenal are fifth in the table and out of every domestic cup competition precisely because you don't have the quality.

Plus what team means. Individually they're behind Juventus and Bayern. As a team, they're miles behind both of them.

Clegg

The opening half of tomorrows match is crucial for Arsenal. If they can settle quickly and pressurise Bayern then I can see them doing well.

If Bayern get an early goal then Arsenal could easily crumble imo.

Wilbur

Banned
If it had 'beautifully red' on it you'd be crying into your Ruud Van Nistelrooy ball-stranglers.

Was a great goal tbh. Up there with my goals of the season.

Off the top of my head, our first vs Liverpool, Umtitty's vs Spurs, about five of Ronaldo's, and that Watford goal are the best

rvy

Banned
The opening half of tomorrows match is crucial for Arsenal. If they can settle quickly and pressurise Bayern then I can see them doing well.

They can easily crumble anyway.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
What's with the Juve dumbfuckery lately? People already scared of the imminent arrival of el Rey Leon?

BEATS ME

First we were thugs for protecting Buffon on corners and now we can't even beat a team in crisis.

Mind you, a seven-year crisis.

I think were we not to respond if we conceded early, then yeah I would agree with you - we would crumble. But I'm hopeful.

Arnie

Was a great goal tbh. Up there with my goals of the season.

Off the top of my head, our first vs Liverpool, Umtitty's vs Spurs, about five of Ronaldo's, and that Watford goal are the best

Stoke's corner against West Ham was better than all of them.

Goal to define the Sky generation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom