• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT15| About as productive as Tika Taka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightning

Banned
Not even a winning mentality holding them back. Its a decency mentality, they can't even get along with eachother for a month. And those who embarassed and shamed the entire country at the World Cup were rewarded with fuck all punishment and further caps after a token game left in the dark by Blanc.

I'd have been absolutely seething if I was French. Zidane should have strolled in and cracked some heads together, preferably Evra and Ribery's.
And Nasri's. What the dick he was at the Euro's.

Meier

No but I really want to play it too. Us City fans, we're all from the same mould so it seems.

City fans are good peeps!

Guy called DunderHassan in the Buy/Sell/Trade thread selling it for $7.5, I've bought from him before and everything was fine!

Thanks tc! I just sent him a message. Seems like the Deluxe Edition isn't worth another $2.50. I suppose I don't need to bother with all that extra stuff that is involved in the Complete Pack. Maybe I'll just buy the DLC Pack itself through Steam as that's only $6.

Tc91

City fans are good peeps!

Thanks tc! I just sent him a message. Seems like the Deluxe Edition isn't worth another $2.50. I suppose I don't need to bother with all that extra stuff that is involved in the Complete Pack. Maybe I'll just buy the DLC Pack itself through Steam as that's only $6.

No problem!

He gets a lot of people buying from him in that thread. I always check that thread out cause they always want to give gaffers a really good deal compared to eBay.

dc89

Pogba and Varane called up to the France squad.

:(

juventus-fans-paul-pogba-the-octopus.jpg

Linius

Each year it gets worse though, more and more people.... now its 2 weekends lol.

The best part of UMF is WMC, all your favorite DJ's doing low-key sets at clubs unannounced.

A buddy of mine is coming next weekend. And flying to N.Y. after that for another DJ thing festival.

Zabojnik

Don't forget the F1 season starts tomorrow guys. If you're like me and always miss out on the first week of the fantasy/prediction league, get on over to the F1 thread and sign up tonight whilst you still can!

I saw Senna the other day. Fantastic documentary, see it if you didn't already. And yet ... not an itch to watch F1.

Didn't mean to be an asshole. Forgive me Zabo.

It's quite alright flippedb. I was a bit upset because we got Bayern. I was hoping for dat semifinals money. We'll have to make do. Less money for Marry to squander on useless backup players, I suppose.

Or Russia at the Euro's!!!!

We won a game though! And we would have made it out of the group if the tiebreaker was goal difference, like it is at the world cup! If you want to mention a pitiful Euros performance you should obviously talk about the Netherlands. I can see why you wouldn't want to though!

deGod

We won a game though! And we would have made it out of the group if the tiebreaker was goal difference, like it is at the world cup! If you want to mention a pitiful Euros performance you should obviously talk about the Netherlands. I can see why you wouldn't want to though!

I was so sure that Netherlands were going to win the euros that I was going to put a lot of money on them..... But Messi talked me out of it

Slizz

WTF is she even doing there. Do they have no respect for the integrity of the sport?

Lol, its such an unimportant game. Not even regular season although, I dunno how much more important it would be if she did it in a regular season game being that they play 162 games in the regular season...

arkon

They had a tougher group, to be fair.

Lightning

Banned
I see no reason to bring up the Dutch display at the Euros. They embarrased us fans and they embarrased themselves but there was a lot of things that caused that implosion from us. Ageing squad, a bunch of ego's who didn't get along with one another and questionable tactics and squad team selection by our manager combined with being in a group of death just meant death for us. Very disappointing and I hate thinking about it.

Russia were also a huge disappointment at the Euros though topped off by your captain openly telling the fans that their expectations are not the Russian squads problem after exiting in the group stages upsetting everyone.

arkon

John Pirlon and the guys swaging their way to Bologna. Ain't gonna be easy, but we've got to take 3 points tomorrow. We have to maintain the +9 lead going into Inter - Juve.

n9raf.jpg

Spanish girl crying over Llorente leaving. :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6o-4QN7Ujw#

Somebody avatarize Pirlo face for me. Please.

But we sucked, we lost to Denmark for christs sake. No hard feelings Wooden, Bjaelke and other Danes.

This is true. I just think Russia sucked more.

Linius

Sometimes I just forget Lightning is a Dutchy. All that Arsenal talk, go support a Dutch club and post in Dutch Gaf so I don't forget dude :p

Meier

(Some of) Ian Darke's thoughts on The Assassin being left out and Rio being recalled.

Ian Darke ‏@IanDarkeESPN
Surprised Roy Hodgson didn't choose Bakerloo line tube train to break news of Rio recall ! Right decision though.

Jon Peck ‏@abellwillring
@IanDarkeESPN Lescott not being called makes sense but Barry's been excellent this year minus Soton howler. Thoughts on his being left out?

Ian Darke ‏@IanDarkeESPN
@abellwillring very good pro but never convinced about international quality.

Meier

Hopefully the lack of Jagielka and Howard will be enough for City to win. I think it's easier for us to overcome no Kun and no Vinnie than that is for them.

Both Netherlands and Russia were big disappointments at Euros. Russia should have sleepwalked through the group they were given. Still, if we qualify for the World Cup as a result of the lessons learned from Euros then I say that it will be worth it. I have already tasted a bit of success at Euros in 2008 but Russia hasn't had any success at the World Cup in my lifetime. We're due. Based Capello will lead us to glory.

1ZrSRZL.png
1ZrSRZL.png
1ZrSRZL.png

Linius

Both Netherlands and Russia were big disappointments at Euros. Russia should have sleepwalked through the group they were given. Still, if we qualify for the World Cup as a result of the lessons learned from Euros then I say that it will be worth it. I have already tasted a bit of success at Euros in 2008 but Russia hasn't had any success at the World Cup in my lifetime. We're due. Based Capello will lead us to glory.

1ZrSRZL.png
1ZrSRZL.png
1ZrSRZL.png

Lol, the Euros 2008 were a disaster. We were destined for greater things. Never got over that loss :(

Lol, the Euros 2008 were a disaster. We were destined for greater things. Never got over that loss :(

I'm sure it must have been fun watching Hiddink jump around like an idiot, celebrating beating his own country.

We owed you guys for 1988 though, fuck Marco van Bastard and his flukey goal!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom