• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT15| About as productive as Tika Taka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koko

Banned
Lol. Most of united-GAF hate Barca for obvious reasons, so I don't really have to hate on their team back. Seeing as my team punished theirs enough recently.

I'm more surprised by lack of Barca love from Liverpool GAF. If it wasn't for Barca, you would be even on European Cups/CL's with ManU. Eww.

Anyways, if Real Madrid played a team of 11 aliens to decide the future of humanity. Forza Aliens. Okay maybe that would be the one case of Hala Madrid.

You know you want to joins us, pull a Figo and we may accept you.

Blablurn

bastian-schweinsteiger-826.jpg

LegoArmo

Played 2 and a half hours of Tomb Raider. Yep, brilliant.

Hope United make it through tonight, it's so hard to call. I think we might see 1-1 and extra time...

United fan here and I love Barca and Real Madrid. Both great teams. Pepe's a dick though. That said I'd be alright if Real beats us today.

One team that I'm rooting for though? Tottenham. Gareth Bale and RVB have been pretty awesome. Total bros.

I bet they've fucked.

Timurid

United fan here and I love Barca and Real Madrid. Both great teams. Pepe's a dick though. That said I'd be alright if Real beats us today.

One team that I'm rooting for though? Tottenham. Gareth Bale and RVB have been pretty awesome. Total bros.

I bet they've fucked.

you mean AVB?

Lightning

Banned
QPR, Reading and Wigan. Having said that I wouldn't be surprised if QPR stayed up somehow. Harry will pick up points where people don't expect.

man, the cool morning air feels so good on my face. I can't wait to get home and sleep though.
Yeah, QPR, Wigan and Reading are my picks to go down but Aston Villa will be close to joining them if they continue to suck as hard as they currently do. If Villa don't win 1 of their next 2 games I think they will be gone. If Reading beat them, then QPR beat them Villa have got problems.

Lightning

Banned
Gary Neville is ripping our defence to shreads again. He analysed our errors from the Spurs game and there were many.

He's saying Monreal was at fault for the 2 goals but blames Vermaelen because of Vermaelen's positoning and Mertesacker for that matter.

rodvik

Yeah, QPR, Wigan and Reading are my picks to go down but Aston Villa will be close to joining them if they continue to suck as hard as they currently do. If Villa don't win 1 of their next 2 games I think they will be gone. If Reading beat them, then QPR beat them Villa have got problems.

I think it will be Villa, QPR and Reading. Just look at our form , it is not getting any better.

A bit sad but I am resigned to it. On the plus side, Kiddy Harriers are looking like they will go up! Football giveth, football taketh away.

Lightning

Banned
I think it will be Villa, QPR and Reading. Just look at our form , it is not getting any better.

A bit sad but I am resigned to it. On the plus side, Kiddy Harriers are looking like they will go up! Football giveth, football taketh away.
I doubt it honestly. I think you'll beat Reading and QPR. I wouldn't be surprised for Villa to get themselves at least 4 points from those 2 games. Wigan have again left themselves a mountain but one that can be overcome if Villa don't beat teams around them and beneath them. You have the City and Arsenal fixtures out of the way now and only United and Chelsea where you will struggle to get points. You can get points of any of the rest of the teams you face, you may even surprise Chelsea depending on which Chelsea turns up.

rodvik

I doubt it honestly. I think you'll beat Reading and QPR. I wouldn't be surprised for Villa to get themselves at least 4 points from those 2 games. Wigan have again left themselves a mountain but one that can be overcome if Villa don't beat teams around them and beneath them. You have the City and Arsenal fixtures out of the way now and only United and Chelsea where you will struggle to get points. You can get points of any of the rest of the teams you face, you may even surprise Chelsea depending on which Chelsea turns up.

Would be nice! Unfortunately Villa have not been capable of good surprises the past year or so. We will see. My hopes are not high, but I am used to losing by now so it hurts less these days :)

LegoArmo

Gary Neville is ripping our defence to shreads again. He analysed our errors from the Spurs game and there were many.

He's saying Monreal was at fault for the 2 goals but blames Vermaelen because of Vermaelen's positoning and Mertesacker for that matter.

I liked watching it, Monreal was just reacting to and copying Vermaelen, but with a seconds delay, Vermaelen drops back, Monreal drops back, Vermaelen stops and moves up for a second, Monreal did the same, Spurs player clean through on goal.

FootballFan

^^Chemistry between the backline not good enough. You can't have 2 players pulling an offside trap while the other 2 track back. Monreal is new so he has that excuse I guess.

Still, high line with Mertesacker is dumb already so no other point needs to be made.

GorillaJu

Well I was expecting a long ass download, but Steam's Japan servers aren't letting me down here. Finishing my Tomb Raider download in about 8 minutes total, getting 12 mb/s. :lol

Lightning

Banned
I liked watching it, Monreal was just reacting to and copying Vermaelen, but with a seconds delay, Vermaelen drops back, Monreal drops back, Vermaelen stops and moves up for a second, Monreal did the same, Spurs player clean through on goal.
For Lennon's goal Monreal was not playing the offside trap, he was trying to block Lennon's run but was beaten for pace. At first I was annoyed at him but it wasn't really his fault, he tried to stop the danger but Vermaelen didn't even check to see where Lennon or any danger was and that was unacceptable. Vermaelen to blame as Lennon ran right behind him and I don't think Thomas even knew he was there. WTF....

For the first goal I don't think there was much Monreal could do about it because Vermaelen left him stranded as soon as he made the decision to confont Siggy who easily slipped the ball into the hole that Vermaelen just created. I stick to my original assessment that Mertesacker was useless, didn't read anything, but Vermaelen was at fault for both goals. The biggest issue was our defenders are silent, Monreal spotted the danger twice but never said anything which is frustrating as fuck.

Also upsetting that Wilshere and Cazorla left there passing shoes at home, especially Wilshere. So many decent runs from Walcott no one picking him up.

^^Chemistry between the backline not good enough. You can't have 2 players pulling an offside trap while the other 2 track back. Monreal is new so he has that excuse I guess.

Still, high line with Mertesacker is dumb already so no other point needs to be made.
I don't think Monreal was trying to play offside. Monreal was trying to guess what Vermaelen was trying to do, even Neville couldn't expalin what Vermaelen was trying to do, but the biggest problem was he didn't talk. If we had Tony Adams we wouldn't have lost. Cunt Vermaelen. He can go to Barca...

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
2013%2f3%2fVidal-Top(A).jpg

2013%2f3%2fCL-Top-Mid.jpg

The best midfielder in the world.

The only player left in the competition with a WhoScored rating above an 8 may surprise many but the all action performances of Juventus' Arturo Vidal have been superb. The Chilean is arguably one of Europe's most complete midfielders, epitomising the phrase box-to-box with his fantastic work rate at both ends. He has 3 goals and an assist having started all of the Italian champions' 7 games in Europe with averages of 2.9 shots and 1.7 key passes when it comes to the offensive side of his game.

Vidal is, however, perhaps better known for his defensive work and indeed a tally of 33 tackles thus far is the most in the Champions League. With 2.3 interceptions per game to boot his work in the midfield alongside Marchisio gives Pirlo the time to dictate the play and though three teammates have averaged more passes per game than Vidal's 49.1 his role in the side is vital.

xintin

im so glad Fox Soccer shows Sky Sports News in the US, because Olivia Godfrey is better to look at than anything on TV here, and probably the rest of the world.

Nyx

Damn FM13 and your crashes!

Doesn't matter which save I load or if I load up a new game, within time the game will crash....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom