• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

rodvik

there isn't a single interesting match to watch this weekend.
iRaKbFOI4oSlE.gif

Not to watch but Kiddy harriers won AGAIN. Considering they spent much of last year near the bottom or lower end of the table their run is amazing. Now opening up a gap at the top.

Holy crap they have won 20 out of the last 23.

arkon

Sounds like my dads PC which he calls 'The Reptile'.

Not far from the truth. Pretty sure this used to be an unused PC at my Dad's office.

Can't complain really. It was free. Does what I mostly need it to. I only really use it for browsing, the occasional spreadsheet or word document, streaming the footy and watching tv shows.

dc89

Not far from the truth. Pretty sure this used to be an unused PC at my Dad's office.

Can't complain really. It was free. Does what I mostly need it to. I only really use it for browsing, the occasional spreadsheet or word document, streaming the footy and watching tv shows.

Well if it does what you want it to that's all that matters.

arkon

Well if it does what you want it to that's all that matters.

Yep.

I will probably be getting a new one when some of the kickstarter projects get released though, even if they're not going to be the most graphically intensive.

To call Lampard and Gerrard play-makers is horrendously simplistic and misrepresentative.

Really looking forward to building a PC. Reckon it'd be worth starting a thread to keep people up to date from the perspective of a complete newbie, rather than it getting lost in the 'I Need A New PC' thread when/if it happens?

edit, wow, slow thread

Games I want to play that are unavailable on Playstation, or are/will be vastly superior on PC. Feel free to add games

Team Fortress 2
Left 4 Dead 1/2
CounterStrike: Global Offensive/Source
Sim City (old ones)
Starcraft 2
Civ
Motherfuckin' STALKER
Far Cry 3 (got it, haven't played it on PS3)
Max Payne 3
Lara Croft and the thingymabob
Battlefield 4
Crysis (not interested in 2 and 3)
Metro 2033/Last Light
Arma 3

Battlefield 3 (significantly better than on consoles even if you have played it already)
Bioshock Infinite
Crysis Warhead
Dark Souls (with Durante's DSfix)
Dirt 3
Half Life series (including the sublime Black Mesa mod)
Latest Football Manager game
Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit
Sleeping Dogs
XCom

And those are just the mainstream games.

Randdalf

If I was suggesting a Battlefield game for PC I'd go with Battlefield 2 with the Special Forces expansion, literally poops on BF3 from a great height. I don't know how many people are playing it nowadays though.

Battlefield 3 (had my fill)
Bioshock Infinite (not very interested for some reason)
Crysis Warhead (only interested if it has the same forest setting)
Dark Souls (had my fill)
Dirt 3 (nah)
Half Life series (played them all, would like to play BMS though)
Latest Football Manager game (just not for me :( )
Sleeping Dogs (Definitely)
XCom (just not for me)

And those are just the mainstream games.

Fry

You like FIFA?

Makes sense.

:p

I LOVE fifa. I bought 09, 10, 11, 12 and 13 this gen. I bought them all in their release date (or the closest day to that. They don't always arrive soon in Brazil).

I barely played 13 in comparison to the other ones, even though it's easily the best one. They actually made one superior Fifa to the previously one every year (maybe that doesn't apply for Fifa 10).

I LOVE fifa. I bought 09, 10, 11, 12 and 13 this gen. I bought them all in their release date (or the closest day to that. They don't always arrive soon in Brazil).

I barely played 13 in comparison to the other ones, even though it's easily the best one. They actually made one superior Fifa to the previously one every year (maybe that doesn't apply for Fifa 10).

Each year they remove a single niblet of sweetcorn from the turd, and people like you shovel it down having convinced themselves that its just a unique type of chocolate

:p

Arnie

Had a great day in London so far. Woke up, had a Pret-a-scran, walked down Oxford Street (where I randomly bumped into Uni colleagues), went to the Science Museum, now back home chugging a Red Bull.

On things to do in the evening, Empire cinema in Leicester Square are showing Argo, and I haven't seen it yet. Very tempted to go down but online the ticket comes in at about £9. Reckon it's worth it? I could buy the DVD for that price, probably.

Peco

Had a great day in London so far. Woke up, had a Pret-a-scran, walked down Oxford Street (where I randomly bumped into Uni colleagues), went to the Science Museum, now back home chugging a Red Bull.

On things to do in the evening, Empire cinema in Leicester Square are showing Argo, and I haven't seen it yet. Very tempted to go down but online the ticket comes in at about £9. Reckon it's worth it? I could buy the DVD for that price, probably.

do you have a theme song for this?

Top Bottom